The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2022, 08:43:29 AM
Marty Morrissey and Michael Duignan for hurling final commentary? Hopefully Darragh Maloney and Eamonn Fitzmaurice for the football.
good call
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: yellowcard on July 11, 2022, 08:49:03 AM
Marty Morrissey and Michael Duignan for hurling final commentary? Hopefully Darragh Maloney and Eamonn Fitzmaurice for the football.

Fitzmaurice does talk a lot of sense but shouldn't be involved now that Kerry are in the final.

True, forgot that part! Will Dessie Dolan return with 'pearls of wisdom' after being part of Westmeath's Tailteann Cup winning background team I wonder?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

johnnycool

Quote from: yellowcard on July 11, 2022, 08:49:03 AM

Fitzmaurice does talk a lot of sense but shouldn't be involved now that Kerry are in the final.

Darragh Maloney by far the best game commentator, Marty does my banger in with his bullshíte.

inroundthesquare

Michael Murphy last night "Kerry struggled against a very defensive Tyrone last year"

Ridiculous comment

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 11, 2022, 10:06:17 AM
Michael Murphy last night "Kerry struggled against a very defensive Tyrone last year"

Ridiculous comment

Kerry beat Tyrone last year if David Clifford stays fit.

smort

Dublin beat kerry yesterday if Con is fit

But he wasn't, so they didn't. Hate that argument about if so and so was fit

RedHand88

Ridiculous comment

This the Tyrone that scored 3-14 after extra time?

The only qualification needed to work on these panels is to have played County football. No intelligence or insight needed.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 11, 2022, 10:11:32 AM

Ridiculous comment

Clifford seemed to struggle as the game went on yesterday as well. So maybe it wasn't a one off. There was nothing in the game last year when Clifford was still on the pitch last year.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 11, 2022, 10:15:38 AM

Ridiculous comment

Clifford seemed to struggle as the game went on yesterday as well. So maybe it wasn't a one off. There was nothing in the game last year when Clifford was still on the pitch last year.

Thought Tyrone might have caught Kerry last year but after watching them this year no way. Tyrone were down to 14 men for 20 mins of that game as well and derserved winners

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 11, 2022, 10:19:42 AM

Ridiculous comment

Thought Tyrone might have caught Kerry last year but after watching them this year no way. Tyrone were down to 14 men for 20 mins of that game as well and derserved winners

Deserved winners on the day, not disputing that, I just think if Clifford stays fit that Kerry win.

And I also think that if Con is fit yesterday Dublin likely win. But he wasn't, same as Clifford last year

HokeyPokey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 11, 2022, 10:29:11 AM
Quote from: NotedObserver on July 11, 2022, 10:19:42 AM

Ridiculous comment

Deserved winners on the day, not disputing that, I just think if Clifford stays fit that Kerry win.

And I also think that if Con is fit yesterday Dublin likely win. But he wasn't, same as Clifford last year

I don't agree at all.

I think Tyrone should have closed that out earlier, even with two very harsh black cards and a couple black cards not given to Kerry.

It wasn't a freak injury either, he couldn't last the distance and Kerry's other players improved, which was odd as they had seemed wrecked compared to Tyrone and suddenly rallied in the second half of ET. Maybe if Clifford was better conditioned, but at the same time, Mattie Donnelly was clearly suffering after effects from Covid and wasn't at himself. Or if McShane or Canavan were at their peak...

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 11, 2022, 10:13:49 AM

Ridiculous comment

The only qualification needed to work on these panels is to have played County football. No intelligence or insight needed.

Throw in the odd cliche or two and you've got the job.

tbrick18

Quote from: square_ball on July 11, 2022, 10:42:57 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 11, 2022, 10:13:49 AM

Ridiculous comment

Throw in the odd cliche or two and you've got the job.

Yep. See Sean Cavanagh and Ciaran Whelan.
Wee Pat at least tries to not repeat himself, he just talks drivel.
I used to like O'Rourke, but he's gone off the rails altogether in his old age.

The whole panel needs a clear out, including the presenting team.
Cantwell....I can't listen to her at all.

I'm almost tempted to buy Sky just for the commentary. RTE is woeful.

twohands!!!

JoC said he only trained 2 weeks out of the last 2 months so understandable that he wasn't at full fitness.

yellowcard

Used to never miss the Sunday game now I can take it or leave it. Certainly the analysis is dull scripted and full of cliches and statistics. Much better to listen to some of the Podcasts, plenty of good ones available.