The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Trap on June 09, 2019, 11:29:18 PM
Why has this 'have a token woman' stuff happened all of a sudden? Same on BBC........it really takes away from the show and I think the fellas are uncomfortable. Well Des looks uncomfortable all the time!

It definitely reduces the manliness of things.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

BBC and itv do it with the men's soccer too.

Men should talk men's football. Women should talk women's football and camogie.

marty34

Neil Mc Manus on today - I'd say, on first viewing, a lot of the southern brethern didn't know who he was.

He was grand I though.  Spoke well.  Maybe it's to make up for RTÉ's lack of Joe Mc Donagh coverage?

J70

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 09, 2019, 09:56:49 PM
Peter Clark had a bad game

Well according to Tomas O'Se a minute later, Jamie Malone slotted in Donegal's goal, so she is not alone in mangling the names.

As least she has inexperience in her defense.

omaghjoe

She did alright 1st night on and so on.. first night is about getting thru it without rattling any cages and showing your face.
Was it O'Haras first night on that he launched into his wee spitful tirade on Walsh?  ;D ;D

Also McStay was on a few weeks back and it was embarrassing stuff... he just couldn't been arsed. Not that he is any good when he does prepare but he particularly slovenly that night.

We'll see after a few nights if she offers anything... prob not like most of them...but let's judge her based on that.

Halfquarter

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 10, 2019, 06:33:15 AM
She did alright 1st night on and so on.. first night is about getting thru it without rattling any cages and showing your face.
Was it O'Haras first night on that he launched into his wee spitful tirade on Walsh?  ;D ;D

Also McStay was on a few weeks back and it was embarrassing stuff... he just couldn't been arsed. Not that he is any good when he does prepare but he particularly slovenly that night.

We'll see after a few nights if she offers anything... prob not like most of them...but let's judge her based on that.

Jeez,this token women stuff is a disaster,but unfortunately it is here to stay.

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on June 10, 2019, 12:08:00 AM
Neil Mc Manus on today - I'd say, on first viewing, a lot of the southern brethern didn't know who he was.

He was grand I though.  Spoke well.  Maybe it's to make up for RTÉ's lack of Joe Mc Donagh coverage?
I thought he was very good
It's better to spread the jobs around the hurling counties
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Some of the comments on this thread regarding women is straight out of the 1900s playbook. Criticise her by all means but criticise her the same way you'd criticise Whelan or O'se or Cavanagh. Not because she has a fanny instead of a c**k.

I'm actually scundered for some of you.

seafoid

There are 2 reasons why women on TSG are required

1. A lot of viewers are female
2  Great role models for girls

Saffrongael

Quote from: marty34 on June 10, 2019, 12:08:00 AM

That's exactly what it was for
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2019, 05:12:46 PM
There are 2 reasons why women on TSG are required

1. A lot of viewers are female
2  Great role models for girls

That's not the reasons and they aren't required
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0425/1045679-women-on-the-couch-the-growth-in-female-sport-pundits/

"If you look at the audience, I'd say 30-40% of the audience are women watching it so it's only right that there are some women giving their views on it too," said Aine-Marie Hayes, the 2013 All-Ireland camogie winner who will be providing hurling analysis on the Sunday Game this season.

Jackie  Tyrrell is a Sunday Game regular having enjoyed stellar playing days with Kilkenny. He says: "Embracing change - that's what life is all about and we're seeing that in all sports now on all channels.
"I have been on a few panels with Anne Marie Hayes from Galway and she's really good, knows her stuff, and the first weekend this summer I'm on with Anthony Daly and Ursula Jacob, who's another really good hurling woman.
"It brings a freshness, it brings a new set of eyes, it brings a new approach and that's what it's all about - embracing change and running with it."

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2019, 11:20:30 PM

At least she corrected herself a minute or two later. Whelan the best pundit of all RTE can muster imo.

Sure what are pundits supposed to do and say?  We're all watching  the same bloody thing. If Whelan or whoever can can inform me at this stage about what I've just watched myself,  then I'm at the wrong gig. I want them to be outrageously biased and controversial like Jie Brolly. The tactical shite I can see for myself. I don't need Gary Neville type analysis.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on June 10, 2019, 08:26:45 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2019, 11:20:30 PM

At least she corrected herself a minute or two later. Whelan the best pundit of all RTE can muster imo.

Sure what are pundits supposed to do and say?  We're all watching  the same bloody thing. If Whelan or whoever can can inform me at this stage about what I've just watched myself,  then I'm at the wrong gig. I want them to be outrageously biased and controversial like Jie Brolly. The tactical shite I can see for myself. I don't need Gary Neville type analysis.

And there was me wondering why this controversial RTE gimmick routine on their sports analysis is still running after all these years.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trailer on June 10, 2019, 04:56:25 PM
Some of the comments on this thread regarding women is straight out of the 1900s playbook. Criticise her by all means but criticise her the same way you'd criticise Whelan or O'se or Cavanagh. Not because she has a fanny instead of a c**k.

I'm actually scundered for some of you.

Your not from Tyrone are ye?