The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 20, 2015, 11:45:04 PM
Have to say rte coverage of our games over the summer was brilliant, yes we could do without Martin Carney but I would say today was his swan song, over all they have challenged and we have had fair analysis of most all incidents, they tackled the issues when they came up and coverage on both radio and tele were second to none regardless of code, yes there are pundits we love to hate and there have been controversies but that is their job and I for one say well done and roll on 2016.

Are you Tommy Carr?

giveballaghback

Are you Rachel Wise or is it Joe stupid.

balladmaker

QuoteThis is what I wonder.. the edge of what exactly? If you're going in for a shoulder and it's borderline frontal or you're tackling hard and it's borderline fouling, surely that's the edge. There was no fair attempt at a footballing action that McMahon was on the edge of there.

Whelan brings nothing to the analysis imo, and tonight proved it again.  'He plays on the edge, he's had a great year ...' ok then, sure he's entitled to try to gouge out another person's eye. 

I'd say the focus put on the incident, with the zoomed in camera, was uncomfortable viewing back at the Gibson Hotel.

moysider

Quote from: balladmaker on September 21, 2015, 12:09:34 AM
QuoteThis is what I wonder.. the edge of what exactly? If you're going in for a shoulder and it's borderline frontal or you're tackling hard and it's borderline fouling, surely that's the edge. There was no fair attempt at a footballing action that McMahon was on the edge of there.

Whelan brings nothing to the analysis imo, and tonight proved it again.  'He plays on the edge, he's had a great year ...' ok then, sure he's entitled to try to gouge out another person's eye. 

I'd say the focus put on the incident, with the zoomed in camera, was uncomfortable viewing back at the Gibson Hotel.

Nah. Philly did nothing wrong. Clear on the video. Donaghy shoved his eye down into McMahon's glove and went moaning to ref after claiming a gouge.
Similar situation in semi. Aidan O Shea pulled Philly into him so that Philly's head connected with him and it appeared that it was a head butt, Aidan said he was headbutted when asked by reporters after so he's a complete w**ker.

Nothing to see here (no pun intended here in case of Donaghy :D)

Antbody else think that Tomás was very rattled and uncomfortable there tonight. Lost his train of thought at times I thought.

Catch and Kick

Yeah I thought Tomás looked rattled when the others were slagging him off alright. The manner in which the McMahon incident was glossed over was really annoying and if I were from Ulster I would be apoplectic with rage. Brolly obviously missed tiger selection meeting to pick the team of the year - was it deliberate! Time to stop using pundits from the counties involved. There are so many counties ignored when it comes to selecting the panel that could give every bit as valid commentary who are never involved in the latter stages....

Il Bomber Destro

Had it been a player from an Ulster county involved there would have been the usual hysteria.

Galvin also was involved in a eye gouging incident Cadogan a few years back so they can hardly play the victim card here. The complete double standards in place at the RTE studios is nothing but predictable at this stage.

Applesisapples

I watched a bit of the build up on Sky and then on RTE. I started watching the match on Sky and at half time switched back to RTE. Listen to Canning and Carney for two minutes and couldn't stick the shit talk so switched back to Sky.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 21, 2015, 01:48:09 PM
Had it been a player from an Ulster county involved there would have been the usual hysteria.

Galvin also was involved in a eye gouging incident Cadogan a few years back so they can hardly play the victim card here. The complete double standards in place at the RTE studios is nothing but predictable at this stage.

It wasn't eye gouging it was "fish hooking" his mouth.

comeysfield

What did Sky say about the "Philly leave her on the field" nothing to see here incident ?

Jinxy

The dream team very much on duty for Derry v Tyrone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jinxy on May 22, 2016, 02:01:02 PM
The dream team very much on duty for Derry v Tyrone.

Same oul rigmarole for the RTE boyos.

From the Bunker

Martin Carney..........

Minder

Fckn RTE 1, no HD. Same last night with the hurling
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

I can assure you the two Martys sound exactly the same in HD.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Someone tell Carney Derry is on the shores of Lough Foyle, not Lough Swilly.