beer baron

Quote from: trileacman on September 20, 2015, 04:26:38 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2015, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on September 20, 2015, 03:44:29 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 20, 2015, 03:12:58 PM
Martin Carney...........Why?

"He's a big unit"  WTF
Common enough saying.
"Carney's a bollix" - common enough saying.

Absolutely. Couldn't believe he got todays gig,anyone know how to go about getting an online petition set up? Get that gobshite off RTE for next year. >:(

Conallach

RTÉ's coverage as Gaeilge this year was a nice touch and much appreciated. Quite enjoyed listening to the two lads, and also not listening to Canning & Carney!

Hope it returns next year. Well done all

From the Bunker

McStay said a lot about the Philly - Donaghy incident without saying anything.

Estimator

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2015, 10:36:21 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 20, 2015, 10:26:17 PM
"He plays on the edge" is now the excuse for horrible actions by players we don't want to criticise. Gouging somebody's eye couldn't be further from the edge.

"He's had a great year"
Another super reason for not saying anything bad about the fella
Ulster League Champions 2009

From the Bunker

"He plays on the edge" is now the excuse for horrible actions by players we don't want to criticise. Gouging somebody's eye couldn't be further from the edge.

'Playing on the edge' is adding a bit extra to a tackle. Where the player adds a bit more muscle, pulls a jersey, holds a hand, etc

bridgegael

the lads are having great craic here
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Westside

This is what I wonder.. the edge of what exactly? If you're going in for a shoulder and it's borderline frontal or you're tackling hard and it's borderline fouling, surely that's the edge. There was no fair attempt at a footballing action that McMahon was on the edge of there.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

McStay is one pompous, smarmy f**ker.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 20, 2015, 11:28:44 PM
McStay is one pompous, smarmy f**ker.

Yeah, he learned not to let the Mayo are losers tag affect him!

giveballaghback

Have to say rte coverage of our games over the summer was brilliant, yes we could do without Martin Carney but I would say today was his swan song, over all they have challenged and we have had fair analysis of most all incidents, they tackled the issues when they came up and coverage on both radio and tele were second to none regardless of code, yes there are pundits we love to hate and there have been controversies but that is their job and I for one say well done and roll on 2016.

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 20, 2015, 11:45:04 PM
Have to say rte coverage of our games over the summer was brilliant, yes we could do without Martin Carney but I would say today was his swan song, over all they have challenged and we have had fair analysis of most all incidents, they tackled the issues when they came up and coverage on both radio and tele were second to none regardless of code, yes there are pundits we love to hate and there have been controversies but that is their job and I for one say well done and roll on 2016.

Are you drunk?
That was never a square ball!!

larryin89

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 20, 2015, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on September 20, 2015, 11:45:04 PM

Are you drunk?

Ballagh rossies are always drunk
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .