The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Did I hear carney say that one team executed a choke tackle on a player in possession ?

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BennyCake

RTE's coverage needs cleaned out. Commentator and pundits. It's still stuck in the 80's.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on August 23, 2015, 06:29:44 PM
RTE's coverage needs cleaned out. Commentator and pundits. It's still stuck in the 80's.

Yeah the 1880's! They seem ruthless when it comes to Brendan O'Connor or Marty Whealan (every half decade or so). The only theory is that these guys are cheap? If they are they sure live up their price.

beer baron

Quote from: Gmac on August 23, 2015, 06:09:31 PM
Did I hear carney say that one team executed a choke tackle on a player in possession ?

He sure did  ;D He's one that definitely has to go for me,during the game there were actually times i floated off in my head writing out in my mind the complaint i was going to send to Rte sport that this stuttering and mumbling fool is somehow still getting paid to talk absolute drivel.

lenny

Quote from: Jinxy on August 23, 2015, 05:37:37 PM
Seriously, something has to be done about the RTE commentary.
How many red bulls is Carney drinking before the game?

Carney was insufferable today. He spent the whole game praising tyrones style of play and their determination and barely gave kerrys qualities a mention.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2015, 06:48:20 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 23, 2015, 05:37:37 PM
Seriously, something has to be done about the RTE commentary.
How many red bulls is Carney drinking before the game?

Carney was insufferable today. He spent the whole game praising tyrones style of play and their determination and barely gave kerrys qualities a mention.

Canning must of thought he was watching some sort of movie the way he constantly used the word "stroking" today  ::) ::)

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on August 23, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

Nothing wrong with the 80s, a great decade.

5 Sams

I really miss the days when you could turn the sound down and listen to Micheál.
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

I just turn to Sky. The three lads on RTE in their shiney shoes all trying to shout over one another to say their pre-scripted spiels. Switch to Sky and they're saying things like, " I actually have to disagree with Jimmy because X,Y,Z ".. Almost civilised.

muppet

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 23, 2015, 07:43:11 PM
I really miss the days when you could turn the sound down and listen to Micheál.

For years I thought doing this was called 'canning'.

When we were kids and sat down to watch a match, the auld fella would suddenly shouts expletives at the TV along with 'canning, canning!' and then do the above.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 23, 2015, 07:44:45 PM
I just turn to Sky. The three lads on RTE in their shiney shoes all trying to shout over one another to say their pre-scripted spiels. Switch to Sky and they're saying things like, " I actually have to disagree with Jimmy because X,Y,Z ".. Almost civilised.
Sky have just continued with the TV3 template and added a bit more.
BBC NI pundits also have decent discussions, albeit in a more minimalist traditional setting.
It's easy for them both, they just look at rte and see what they shouldn't do.

On rte,  Whelan and O'Rourke  were considered in what they 'pundited' and didn't shout over each other, it's Brolly who's the fox in the hen house.

DuffleKing

Hawkeye really should be called on to decide on 45s

Jesus Christ

Canalman

Like Carney. Wonder how he will react if he ever comes across some malice in a tackle.

Camera work/ angles/ replays of major incidents  not good enough today imo.

macdanger2

Quote from: Canalman on August 23, 2015, 09:09:07 PM
Like Carney. Wonder how he will react if he ever comes across some malice in a tackle.

;D