The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

What was McHugh's point about the Western seaboard & Meath?

twohands!!!

Quote from: heffo on July 12, 2015, 11:15:38 PM
What was McHugh's point about the Western seaboard & Meath?

Not even sure McHugh knew what he was trying to say.

FermGael

That was an absolute joke
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Throw ball

They all said they did not think it was a penalty to Armagh but do not show it again to explain why. On one look it appeared to me that Clarke slipped on way through but did not think he was fouled but I then thought he was fouled when he tried to pass it out. Need another look but did not record it.
They also analysed a point not given in hurling but not what appeared to be a wide given as a point in the football.

yellowcard

Given the number of qualifier games on this weekend, the TV coverage was a joke. Surely an extended programme on a Monday night for the 5 or so weeks of the qualifiers should be used. You'd nearly see as much on the sports news.

LilySavage

Absolute shite effort tnite again from RTE. If they can get cameras at games, surely they can acquire more than two mins footage. A ten second interview with one of the managers as well if ur
lucky. Camogie at the end to round it all off. Its just not good enough. Soccer Republic is a far slicker production and it doesnt get a quarter of the viewership

Esmarelda

Ger Canning announced before the Leinster final that it was "a big huge day".

Itchy

I really enjoyed watching Dublin hammer Westmeath twice today, excellent work RTE.

joemamas

Quote from: LilySavage on July 12, 2015, 11:42:30 PM
Absolute shite effort tnite again from RTE. If they can get cameras at games, surely they can acquire more than two mins footage. A ten second interview with one of the managers as well if ur
lucky. Camogie at the end to round it all off. Its just not good enough. Soccer Republic is a far slicker production and it doesnt get a quarter of the viewership

You know what Croke park deserve as much blame as RTE,
Remember they own the product. Would not be shocked if it is treated as qualifiers and the provincial honchos could not give a shite as it is not their yob and they have nothing to gain by promoting same qualifiers. Maybe a conspiracy theory, but ......
Bottom line it is a crap product by rte
Q why don't sky look to do a review show on a Sunday or Monday to generate some competition and to shake up those lazy you know what in donnybrook

joemamas

Quote from: Itchy on July 12, 2015, 11:50:32 PM
I really enjoyed watching Dublin hammer Westmeath twice today, excellent work RTE.

Somebody needs to remind rte the days of the riordans and glenroe are gone, viewers want better quality

GalwayBayBoy

Fermanagh game deserved a lot more time.

manfromdelmonte

where can we get a refund for the licence fee?
such muck of a program.

Gmac

Look I suppose it could be better

easytiger95

Lads, don;t want to defend RTE here, but there is absolutely no way that they could cover all the qualifier games. Do you know how expensive it is to put an outside broadcast unit into a ground? Bear in mind that a lot of these places wouldn't have a TV gantry so you're looking at a scaffold build for many of them. For you to have usable, broadcast quality highlights for more than 2/3 mins you need at least three cameras at a ground. Most of those qualifier games were covered by one camera - it is that that dictates the length of the highlights.

Slag them for analysis, presentation, whatever you like - but they simply don;t have the money to cover those games.

Jinxy

The stuff Martin McHugh comes out with is just weird at this stage.
It's like there's two of him in there fighting for control.
If you were any use you'd be playing.