Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Where s Spillane this weather ?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Sidney

Quote from: Gaffer on August 31, 2014, 12:12:23 PM
Where s Spillane this weather ?
He did the radio analysis yesterday with McStay.

Hardy

I was happy, on balance, with the decision to play the semi-final in Limerick and thought it would be a great occasion, which it turned out to be, as far as can be judged from T.V. But, even with that attitude, I have to wonder what's going on with the RTÉ/GAA setup. From the start of coverage yesterday, Lyster was going out of his way to repeat and repeat how great the setup was in Limerick and imply that all the hubbub about the venue was misinformed. Then we got Mouthy Morrissey cackling on continuously throughout the commentary about the same. You have to wonder about these two and what motivation/incentive they have to talk up every official GAA decision/position.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hardy on August 31, 2014, 02:38:50 PM
I was happy, on balance, with the decision to play the semi-final in Limerick and thought it would be a great occasion, which it turned out to be, as far as can be judged from T.V. But, even with that attitude, I have to wonder what's going on with the RTÉ/GAA setup. From the start of coverage yesterday, Lyster was going out of his way to repeat and repeat how great the setup was in Limerick and imply that all the hubbub about the venue was misinformed. Then we got Mouthy Morrissey cackling on continuously throughout the commentary about the same. You have to wonder about these two and what motivation/incentive they have to talk up every official GAA decision/position.

There will be this that and the other said about the venue. Yesterdays game felt like a back door game, even a league game. It demeaned this All Ireland semi final. There was a feck up with seats sold that did not exist and these fans ended up sitting with panel members from both teams. The stuff at the end with fans coming on added to the discomfort of a big game in a minor venue. Not good enough. Was a long journey back last night through sh1te roads. Second class citizens.

Agent Orange

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 03:00:24 PM
There will be this that and the other said about the venue. Yesterdays game felt like a back door game, even a league game. It demeaned this All Ireland semi final. There was a feck up with seats sold that did not exist and these fans ended up sitting with panel members from both teams. The stuff at the end with fans coming on added to the discomfort of a big game in a minor venue. Not good enough. Was a long journey back last night through sh1te roads. Second class citizens.

When you win these things don't matter but it's always a long journey home when you lose.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Agent Orange on August 31, 2014, 05:25:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

When you win these things don't matter but it's always a long journey home when you lose.

Only 40 mins from CP to Kildare never feels long...
#newbridgeornowhere

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

Des Cahill is going to go into Joe Duffy overdrive tonight over the last few mins in yesterdays game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2014, 09:03:08 PM
Des Cahill is going to go into Joe Duffy overdrive tonight over the last few mins in yesterdays game.

That is the big question over tonight's programme for me. If they are consistent they will highlight the initial brawl, the manhandling of a Mayo back room team member and the pitch incursion by a Mayo supporter as well as an attack on an Garda Siochana after the final whistle by another yob. I don't wish to see any suspensions handed out to players for the final but it was a similar incident to the Armagh v Cavan brawl which received days of headlines following the scrutiny and criticism received on the TV. I predict that they will skirt over the initial brawl and instead concentrate on the pitch incursion by a supporter.

From the Bunker

Wildweasel74

Tomas O`Se mentioned he been attacked after a game one time against Kerry, couldn't understand it as Tyrone won, Tomas imagine if u beat them u been fighting them off lol

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 31, 2014, 10:51:24 PM
Tomas O`Se mentioned he been attacked after a game one time against Kerry, couldn't understand it as Tyrone won, Tomas imagine if u beat them u been fighting them off lol

The auld trick of them nasty Ulster Men trying to harm us innocent Kerry men!

Syferus

K-Mac pretty much saying "call me, bro" to the Mayo CB.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: yellowcard on August 31, 2014, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2014, 09:03:08 PM

That is the big question over tonight's programme for me. If they are consistent they will highlight the initial brawl, the manhandling of a Mayo back room team member and the pitch incursion by a Mayo supporter as well as an attack on an Garda Siochana after the final whistle by another yob. I don't wish to see any suspensions handed out to players for the final but it was a similar incident to the Armagh v Cavan brawl which received days of headlines following the scrutiny and criticism received on the TV. I predict that they will skirt over the initial brawl and instead concentrate on the pitch incursion by a supporter.

You were spot on Yellowcard; but it was no surprise.
"Stercus accidit"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2014, 10:56:38 PM
K-Mac pretty much saying "call me, bro" to the Mayo CB.

You can put that in BOLD!