Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I think we have reached 'Peak Joe'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lenny

Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2014, 09:34:51 AM
I think we have reached 'Peak Joe'.

Agreed, he totally patronises every other pundit and in his own mind he is the only person who understands modern day tactics. Personally I think he doesn't really have a clue what is going on around how teams organise their defences. He was also totally out of order re the throwing of e Donegal doctor to the ground. That was indefensible even though the doctor shouldn't have been on the pitch.

imtommygunn

He ruffled Des Cahill's feathers a bit last night over the team doctor incident. First time I've ever seen Des look a bit flustered.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2014, 12:28:09 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 10, 2014, 11:52:03 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2014, 11:24:37 PM
Why is Joe allowed to ramble on endlessly??

In fairness, he rubbished Galvin's rubbish interview after the game. It was pure patronising rubbish. Then again Galvin has a difficult problem trying to be diplomatic to the opposition these days.

Lookit, you can't expect every county manager to give great post-match interviews.

;D  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

armaghniac

Quote from: lenny on August 11, 2014, 10:06:16 AM
He was also totally out of order re the throwing of e Donegal doctor to the ground. That was indefensible even though the doctor shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Brolly didn't "defend" pushing the doctor, he didn't criticise the ref for giving the yellow card, but he correctly objected to Des trying to hype it up to the "controversy" of the week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Yeah for once I agreed with Brolly. The doctor was in and was pushing the armagh guy too - I think he was just sick listening to him so pushed him to get rid of him. Shouldn't have been there.

Des trying to create controversy as usual.

StephenC

The doctor thing was a complete non incident and I would have much preferred to see some more of the games. In fact all the stuff in the Donegal Armagh game was just pushing and shoving. Eamonn McGee and Grimley were even at it, but there was a great picture doing the rounds last night showing the two of them walking off the pitch with arms around shoulders. They left it on the pitch - other counties could take note.

Fuzzman

I was watching last night and was wondering who Des would have on as I was switching between the golf and this.
Once I saw it was these two I told the wife there'll be fireworks cos last week Whelan seemed to have in it for Brolly and kept challenging him and saying hold on hold on like Joe usually does.

So after they had the wee row about the doctor and then went for a break, when they came back they showed this shot.

Apparently that doctor though isn't the most likeable character in Donegal either as a few people I know said it couldn't have happened to a better man. Is that the same doctor I wonder who said McBrearty had a bite mark from the Dubs match last year.
Come on now. We all know the Dubs would never stoop to such a level.  :-X

It will be interesting to see how long Joe stays on the side of the Dubs. I mean he no doubt loves the publicity and being on RTE and getting the preferencial treatment it has brought him is so Joe.
I met him and Jimmy Magee in the Hogan stand premium reception on Sat and he was on cloud 9. Usually he'd stop and chat.
I just feel it's all gonna end badly for him with RTE as he doesn't have the respect for his hosts and fellow pundits. You can't be talking over people all the time and telling them to HAWL ON and put your hands up over their face to get them to stop talking.

Have to say though I've gone right off Whelan as well this year but of course the Dublin world takeover is in full swing and RTE control what is said and not said.

I was hoping Joe was gonna say last night that fans are bored already with Dub games and no neutral wants to see them
Talking to a lot of Donegal fans on Sat and before the game they couldn't wait to get a shot at the Dubs. Afterwards many left early saying they don't know should they bother making the long journey down to get hammered. Spending loads of money for to see 35 mins of pain.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 11, 2014, 09:18:17 AM
Was driving on saturday so turned on the radio to listen to the match on Radio 1 when low and behold who was co commentator but Joe Brolly . Straight away my heart went out to the commentator , how the hell was he going to get a word in with Joe the barrister beside him. And so it turned out i didn't know what the hell was goin on as Joe had to be listening to the sound of his own voice. I had to turn it off it was unbearable. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RTE KEEP HIM OFF THE RADIO PLEASE.

Pauraic Lodge was commentating, or trying to anyway. Infuriating what Brolly was up to, if that isn't his last gig on the radio someone in RTE deserves a right kick up the hole.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

squire_in_navy_slacks

In fairness, he rubbished Galvin's rubbish interview after the game. It was pure patronising rubbish. Then again Galvin has a difficult problem trying to be diplomatic to the opposition these days.

Much better than the shite Horan comes out with

WT4E

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 11, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

I think its more the manner of what Gavin says not what he is saying! Almost like 'We're so good - I'm so smug but I'm not saying that'

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: WT4E on August 11, 2014, 12:48:20 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 11, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

I think its more the manner of what Gavin says not what he is saying! Almost like 'We're so good - I'm so smug but I'm not saying that'

Perhaps thats just his tone and the way he speaks ...................................................what is he supposed to say, I propose a media ban !!!!!!!!!!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 10:43:07 AM
He was also totally out of order re the throwing of e Donegal doctor to the ground. That was indefensible even though the doctor shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Brolly didn't "defend" pushing the doctor, he didn't criticise the ref for giving the yellow card, but he correctly objected to Des trying to hype it up to the "controversy" of the week.

If there's one thing Brolly can't stand is hyping something to cause controversy.  ::) Is this not the sole basis of his punditry?
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2014, 12:55:38 PM

If there's one thing Brolly can't stand is hyping something to cause controversy.  ::) Is this not the sole basis of his punditry?

Yes, but he gets to chose the issue of controversy!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 01:27:52 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2014, 12:55:38 PM

Yes, but he gets to chose the issue of controversy!

Yes, that's true.
That was never a square ball!!