The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2014, 06:28:31 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 03, 2014, 05:00:38 PM
How is Martin Carney - a Man who lives in and played inter-county football for Mayo be used to co-commentate on this game. Biased beyond belief.

He does Donegal games regularly too.

But he secretly hates Donegal so that's ok.

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 03, 2014, 03:52:22 PM
Did I hear correctly at the beginning where Brolly slagged O'Rourke for his financial woes, being in NAMA and being bailed out by the taxpayer?

Brolly is some tool!

I missed the start but I've seen a number of references to this since on social media.
I enjoy Brolly most of the time but that's a really low blow.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2014, 08:32:06 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 03, 2014, 03:52:22 PM
Did I hear correctly at the beginning where Brolly slagged O'Rourke for his financial woes, being in NAMA and being bailed out by the taxpayer?

Brolly is some tool!

I missed the start but I've seen a number of references to this since on social media.
I enjoy Brolly most of the time but that's a really low blow.

I enjoy Brolly and his rants. But to bring a fellow analysts personal life into discussion was low. O'Rourke was clearly shook by the comment and it took a while for him to gather his thoughts and composure. On a side note he was very rude to Ciaran Whealan as well. I have no love for either (COR/CW) but there is a lack of good manners with this man and RTE better be careful!

maigheo

It must take all the will power that Whelan has not to take a swipe at Brolly.The sooner Rte get rid of Brolly the better for all concerned as he just takes the show down.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on August 03, 2014, 08:49:56 PM
It must take all the will power that Whelan has not to take a swipe at Brolly.The sooner Rte get rid of Brolly the better for all concerned as he just takes the show down.

We're not all animals.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Brolly was an ignorant swine to ORourke, Whelan and the Galway footballers today, very poor form from him, he needs to be challenged in the studio by one of the lads

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2014, 08:53:18 PM

We're not all animals.

Your saying Whelan is?

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 03, 2014, 08:54:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2014, 08:53:18 PM

We're not all animals.

Your saying Whelan is?

I'm saying Whelo isn't.

lynchbhoy

The prob is that joe argues for a living. I think he is being a fecker in TV to try and challenge himself. It's too easy and boring otherwise.
I don't know where he gets some of his reasoning!
No one can touch him in an argument on TV.
Prob need to draft in a pro oo qc from Belfast onto the panel !
He'd prob know as much about football analysis as some on the Sunday game!

Or sky!
The commentator mentioned that Monaghan were going through the phases when attacking
-I almost kicked the Telly

Syferus

You get angry about very strange things, Lynchboy :o

Schkite

McHugh thinks O'Donoghue is better than Gooch!!

INDIANA

Quote from: Schkite on August 03, 2014, 10:17:41 PM
McHugh thinks O'Donoghue is better than Gooch!!

Gooch a two trick pony. I had to play it back again to see if he actually said it. I mean what a gobshite.

Further evidence of how Donegal think they re-invented Gaelic Football in 2012

Armaghgeddon

Sunday game has just cemented my belief that they don't know their ulster football. Mallons are now brothers

Harold Disgracey

Brian & Andy Mallon brothers! Jesus wept.

ranch

Cringed the whole way through that piece. Shocking.