The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Is he still doing his moronic "word of the day" game?

Agent Orange

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 29, 2014, 10:42:57 PM
Is he still doing his moronic "word of the day" game?

Yes, could we get him to say "gobshite".

armaghniac

Still, I thought that Des' idea had potential, that Armagh should pursue a strategy of having Jamie Clarke pass to Jamie Clarke.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2014, 12:16:37 AM
Still, I thought that Des' idea had potential, that Armagh should pursue a strategy of having Jamie Clarke pass to Jamie Clarke.

Canavan used to do that in the late 90s. Then he got himself sent off by simulation and then done himself in the shower after.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zulu

Watching the Sunday Game online tonight, so thankfully we can get it again here in Britain. However, it must be said that Dermot Earley is a very poor analyst, nervous, error prone and says little informative. He seems like a nice fella but he brings nothing to the table as an analyst.

hairyUlsterman

That was a very nice Galway lassie in the break clips there so it was

Zulu

The damn thing crashed before they showed the only major game we didn't see live, Monaghan v Armagh. 

Throw ball

Quote from: Zulu on July 07, 2014, 12:11:41 AM
The damn thing crashed before they showed the only major game we didn't see live, Monaghan v Armagh.

Would hardly matter. The game only got a minimal showing with many of the main talking points omitted completely - black cards, penalty appeal etc.. Unless it is one of the big teams football only seems to get a cursory showing.

Main Street

Quote from: Throw ball on July 07, 2014, 12:27:21 AM
Quote from: Zulu on July 07, 2014, 12:11:41 AM

Would hardly matter. The game only got a minimal showing with many of the main talking points omitted completely - black cards, penalty appeal etc.. Unless it is one of the big teams football only seems to get a cursory showing.
;D
The actual  main talking points were covered,   nevertheless , 7 minutes devoted to action from the game was indeed paltry.

Brick Tamlin

F**kin typical.
Id watched most of the Cork & Kerry game live and really only wanted to see the Applemunchers & Mushroompickers highlights last night.
Sure wasn't it the last on the schedule ffs.
They showed hurling, then football, then more hurling and then finished with football, am I right?
Does anyone else think that didn't make a lot of sense. Why switch between the codes?

Did Des get his 'word' in this weeks show?

Goldengreen

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on July 07, 2014, 09:25:53 AM
F**kin typical.
Id watched most of the Cork & Kerry game live and really only wanted to see the Applemunchers & Mushroompickers highlights last night.
Sure wasn't it the last on the schedule ffs.
They showed hurling, then football, then more hurling and then finished with football, am I right?
Does anyone else think that didn't make a lot of sense. Why switch between the codes?

Did Des get his 'word' in this weeks show?

There was even camogie thrown in there before they showed the Monaghan v Armagh !!!!

Brick Tamlin

Does anyone know why this was or why the current format of choppin and changing codes is the norm this year.
Would agree with what someone said previously about Earley. He had a dose of the jitters last night. The Yella away strip for Longford had him tied in knots

AZOffaly

By the way Longford lads. Mickey Quinn looked like he could have togged out for Offaly hurlers, if you get my drift. Maybe it was the yellow kit doing him no favours, but what's the story there? Was he injured or something?

I'd say the format is to keep people tuned in for the full show, rather than hurling fans tuning out after the hurling games, or vice versa.

Syferus

Time-shifting, lads. It's your friend.

Hardy

What are the huge yellow poles behind the end lines? Is it advertising on the net poles? I'd love to pay 20 or 30 quid and stand behind that yoke.