Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Club Rossa

There's no way Celtic would be able to pay Bellamy's wages never mind a transfer fee,which is a pity because he's a quality player.

Doogie Browser

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 06, 2011, 11:37:44 AM
is McGinn on his way out?

I'm hearing that himself, Cha, Paddy McCourt, Loovens and Forrest are all possible departures.

Only definates gone at the minute are Paul McGowan (undisclosed fee), Forster (loan ended) and Ben Hutchinson (released).
Tbc....

Forever Green

Apparently the deal for Bellamy is Celtic are going to pay a fee(£2m?) to take him on a season long loan with City perhaps still paying half of his wages with the option of a permanent move.

Applesisapples

A lot of dough for a 31 year old injury prone player. No word on Keane or Given? Niall Maginn needs to return LOI or IL thats his level. Would be surprised if they let McCourt go he is a useful impact player, IMO.

Muzz

McGinn off for season long loan to Brentford!

Forever Green

Decent move for him. Still think he can be a good player at for us if he could regain his confidence. Hopefully this move will help him realise his potential

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Pat Mustard on July 06, 2011, 08:33:38 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 06, 2011, 01:43:15 PM

I'm hearing that himself, Cha, Paddy McCourt, Loovens and Forrest are all possible departures.

Only definates gone at the minute are Paul McGowan (undisclosed fee), Forster (loan ended) and Ben Hutchinson (released).
Not a chance will Forrest leave. Around 20 years old, good prospect, new contract signed not too long ago.
Also not a chance of Keane, Given or Bellamy. People need to realise we just can't compete with premiership wages. The highest wage we can afford to pay is around 25-30k, these lads are on at least 60. It doesn't add up, and I can't see Dermot Desmond making up the difference. Not for a whole season anyway. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Forrest will probably go out on loan.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 08, 2011, 11:27:32 AM

Not a chance will Forrest leave. Around 20 years old, good prospect, new contract signed not too long ago.
Also not a chance of Keane, Given or Bellamy. People need to realise we just can't compete with premiership wages. The highest wage we can afford to pay is around 25-30k, these lads are on at least 60. It doesn't add up, and I can't see Dermot Desmond making up the difference. Not for a whole season anyway. I'd love to be proved wrong.

i'd hold on to him, think hes a fantastic young player.
I'd add maloney onto the 'for sale' list - i'd even let him go for nothing !

Pat Mustard

Again, I'd doubt it. Very much part of the first team pcture.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Pat Mustard on July 08, 2011, 11:43:07 AM

Whilst I agree with you that he is a great prospect, since May 2010 he started in only 17 matches.
One for the future yes, a six month loan to a decent team would do him the world of good, we have loads of cover in midfield.
Tbc....

reddgnhand

Victor Wanyama work permit granted. 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 08, 2011, 01:45:16 PM

Anybody know anything about this fella? I know he's a midfielder and Lennons plan is to play him as a centre back (he's 6ft 2"), but other then that ???
I've read his wiki page but that doesn't really say if he's any good of a player.
Tbc....

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 08, 2011, 12:28:05 PM
Quote from: Pat Mustard on July 08, 2011, 11:43:07 AM

Whilst I agree with you that he is a great prospect, since May 2010 he started in only 17 matches.
One for the future yes, a six month loan to a decent team would do him the world of good, we have loads of cover in midfield.
He was injured for a large part of last season. He'll stay as due to his pace he offers something different to Commons. Has a great delivery as well. Much better option than Maloney, who I wouldn't mind seeing leave due to his high wages and the fact he's made of glass.
McGinn off on loan to Brentford for the season, but signs a years extension. Strange one. I suppose if he impresses we'll get a fee at the end. I can't see him having a future at Celtic, if he had he'd only have went til Christmas or something.

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 08, 2011, 02:33:39 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on July 08, 2011, 01:45:16 PM

Anybody know anything about this fella? I know he's a midfielder and Lennons plan is to play him as a centre back (he's 6ft 2"), but other then that ???
I've read his wiki page but that doesn't really say if he's any good of a player.
He's an unknown, so were Kayal and Izzy. Hopefully he's as good. Made his debut for Kenya at 15. Looks like he's built like a shithouse, hopefully we see a bit of him in pre-season.