Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Robbie Keane - Inter Milan, Liverpool, Tottenham, Glasgow Cetlic etc. feck sake if you where hear that Ireland would have a player to play for those teams 10 years ago you would have thought we had the next Pele or Maradonna on our hands  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

the colonel

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2010, 09:26:18 PM
another clueless performance against a side that it has taken Jimmy Calderwood a mere three weeks to sort out. I suppose its toolate to get rid of the plonker of a manager who makes Paul Le Guen look like Jock Stein. Bet Robbie is wondering what he let himself in for >:(

Tony i think you have some reasonable arguements but that statement makes you look like the absolute plonker
the difference between success and failure is energy

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 02, 2010, 09:52:50 AM
personally, i don't think this will make a damn bit of a difference... Rangers too far ahead now.

i re-iterate.... shocking stuff
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

T Fearon

i would say that Keane's wages are being met in part at least by Dermot Desmond. He will not tolerate crowds of 30,000 or less at Celtic Park, and I would say Mowbray if not already gone is one more bad result away from the boot. It can't happen quickly enough.

By the way had Strachan been able to bring in a striker of keane's calibre this time last year, Celtic would surely have captured 4 in a row titles and he would still be in charge probably

tyroneman

Bizzare decision to
a  bring on an unfit midfielder who hasn't played a good game in over a year
b. Put him in at left back
c. Leave the striker who got the winner from the previous game on the bench

while I still believe TM can only be judged next season he is making it hard to defend him.

BTW anyone who thinks Keane will be a goal machine is deluded. He is one of the least clinical strikers around. Spectacular yes. cool and precise no. Keane doesn't do Scrappy.  His efforts last night are a perfect summation. Clean through Henke would have chipped over the keeper, Keane blasts it straight at him. If that was Samaras he'd be hung out to dry by the supporters. Keane is a good player but needs a poacher alongside him. 

clarshack

some very strange decisions by mowbray last night. he's managed to destroy the feel good factor in 24 hours.

all celtic had to do was beat falkirk and hibs at home and kimarnock away in recent games and there would be only 2 points in it.

if celtic go out of the cup at the weekend his position would have to be untenable.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: clarshack on February 02, 2010, 09:28:57 PM
why is it that every keeper seems to be having the game of their lives against celtic?

Totally agree, opposition keepers man of the match in nearly every game!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2010, 04:54:41 PM
Don't see it that way. Spurs have a high number of quality strikers, so it makes sense to let one or two go out on loan. Expect Keano if he does hit the goals, to be recalled to the Lane pronto, should Defoe or Crouch get injured, go off the boil etc.

He cannot go back until the Summer at the earliest as it was an international transfer.
Tbc....

T Fearon

It is at least gratifying to see that Mowbray's erstwhile supporters have deserted him. I said after Strachan's resignation last May that his reign would be revised in a new light in the seasons to come. I never particularly liked him as a person but I thought under the circumstances, although far from perfect, he did a good enough job.

Bringing in a gang of new players mid season, who lets face it, apart from Keane, have no proven pedigree, and jettisoning the likes of Caldwell (Scotland's Player of the Year a while ago), Robson, Mc Donald, and Mc Manus (none of whom are world beaters admittedly, but all of whom had experience of coming from behind Rangers, and winning games and the league under extreme pressure, and most of them Scots as well), doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do. Also Mc Geady is way out of form (just like Mc Donald, Mc Manus and Caldwell before him). This is too much of a coincidence and responsibility must rest with the manager and his failure to get players to play to their full potential.

Mowbray looked utterly clueless last night on the sidelines. Its obvious that managing Celtic and the attendant pressures are all far too much for him and he's way out of his depth. The Board need to act now, as much for Mowbray's own good as that of the club.

clarshack

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2010, 10:04:44 AM
It is at least gratifying to see that Mowbray's erstwhile supporters have deserted him. I said after Strachan's resignation last May that his reign would be revised in a new light in the seasons to come. I never particularly liked him as a person but I thought under the circumstances, although far from perfect, he did a good enough job.

Bringing in a gang of new players mid season, who lets face it, apart from Keane, have no proven pedigree, and jettisoning the likes of Caldwell (Scotland's Player of the Year a while ago), Robson, Mc Donald, and Mc Manus (none of whom are world beaters admittedly, but all of whom had experience of coming from behind Rangers, and winning games and the league under extreme pressure, and most of them Scots as well), doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do. Also Mc Geady is way out of form (just like Mc Donald, Mc Manus and Caldwell before him). This is too much of a coincidence and responsibility must rest with the manager and his failure to get players to play to their full potential.

Mowbray looked utterly clueless last night on the sidelines. Its obvious that managing Celtic and the attendant pressures are all far too much for him and he's way out of his depth. The Board need to act now, as much for Mowbray's own good as that of the club.

robson and mcdonald are 2 players i would have kept. robson always got stuck in and mcdonald is a poacher who will always get you goals in the spl. i actually feel mcdonald was sold too cheaply.

mcgeady has been horrible in the last 4 or 5 games - i dont know why (if its the manager or something else) but it needs to sorted out asap.

rossie mad

Very disappointed with last night.Shocking defending for the goal but the amount of chances we had was unreal and to not hit the net was unbelieveable.
Mowbray is getting hard to defend now and with the league over even if we beat the gers twice if we dont win the cup then its a dismal season.

Impressed with keane and the korean but thought mcgeady and nguemo were woeful.

Anyway i still believe mowbray can still turn the tide and when the new signings gel together in the next week or so i still think we have a good chance of success this year.

bingobus

Got in last night and couldn't believe the score. Was 30 mins to go. Celtic seem to be in an awful state at minute, very unbalanced side with a few square pegs in round holes it would seem.

I would reckon Kamara will have as big a impact as Keane.  Keane last night reminded me of the player he was at Liverpool, in tight games when a goal was badly needed he got chances, decent chances and didn't take them. Hurt Liverpool massively as Torres was out at the time. He seemed to be trying too hard and it was a mirror image of that last night.

He'll score a bag of goals but thats cause he'll get loads of chances but Celtic need to get a balanced and settled team out on field.

SambaSaffron

Jesus, some people just want to see Mowbray fail. Saying we should keep McManus, bcause 'he has experience of coming from behind Rangers'. So what? He's terrible, and has shown it when he's played this season. Caldwll may have won that POTY, but it was an award he didn't deserve. Most imrpoved player would have been a better title. Since then he's gone even further back than he was when we signed him, which was pretty awful. Robson got stuck in, and fair play to him, was good in the last championship winning season. But he's a very, very limited player. McDonalds attitude stinks. Constantly yapping at everyone else.

So McGeady not playing well is Mowbrays fault? Thats that sorted then. Maybe if he'd take his head out of his arse he'd play a bit better.

Kamara, no pedigree? A very decent Premiership striker, who Fulham fans are sad to see go. Braafheid, a Bayern Munich defender with 5 Dutch caps, no pedigree? Ki, Asian young player of the year and a regular for South Korea. I agree to not knowing much about Rasmussen and Hooiveld, but they've looked decent so far and have reasonable pedigree.

I agree that some of Mowbray's changes last night were baffling. I also agree he looks like he's feeling the pressure on the sideline. Wouldn't you, when half your fans want to see you fail?

Hoof Hearted

Keane allowed to go back to Spurs today. It stated in his contract he is to return once Celtic's season is over !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 03, 2010, 01:21:27 PM
Keane allowed to go back to Spurs today. It stated in his contract he is to return once Celtic's season is over !
Yeah, haven't heard that one before  ::)