Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Archie Mitchell

McGeady has been Celtics best player this season. Still think McCarthy would be a decent buy. Only 32 and got a few years left in him yet.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would a few faces for the shop window in January!
Still hope we win this one for prides sake.

Hail Hail

Rapid Vienna v  Celtic     

Venue: Happel Stadium Date: Thursday, 17 December Kick-off: 1800 GMT

Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland

Paddy McCourt and Lee Naylor are out of Celtic's Europa League dead rubber against Rapid Vienna at the Ernst Happel Stadium on Thursday.

McCourt and Naylor did not travel with the party that left Glasgow on Tuesday.

Chinese midfielder Zheng Zhi is ineligible and long-term injured Scott Brown and Shaun Maloney are still out.

Peter Pacult, the Rapid Vienna coach, will be without defensive midfielder Markus Heikkinen, while injured goalkeeper Helge Payer is a doubt.

Celtic assistant manager Mark Venus said the match would be used to give some players European experience.

Among the players in that category who are in with a chance of featuring in the match are Niall McGinn, Paul Caddis, Chris Killen, Willo Flood and Koki Mizuno.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapid Vienna (from): Payer, Patocka, Jovanovic, Schoswendter, Katzer, Soma, Dober, Hofmann, Kavlak, Kayhan, Boskovic, Prokopic, Pehlivan, Ildiz, Jelavic, Hedl, Thonhofer, Kulovits, Eder, Drazan, Konrad, Salihi, Jelavic, Gartler, Trimmel, Konrad

Celtic (from): Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, Loovens, Daniel Fox, Fortune, Robson, N'Guemo, Crosas, McGeady, Caddis, McDonald, Samaras, Wilson, Zaluska, McGinn, Carey, McManus, Killen.

Tbc....

wallyman

Quote from: The Worker on December 15, 2009, 11:30:04 PM
Quote from: wallyman on December 15, 2009, 09:30:40 PM
I would take Pederson and McCarthy, and sell McGeady.

Why sell Mc Geady? he has been our best player by far this season, and looks to be improving more under mowbray..

big fish, small pond.

Might as well cash in on him to strengthen other positions.

lynchbhoy

hear everton are interested in McGeady for between 4 and 7million.
I'd be tempted to be honest.

All those who still think strachan is good please raise your white sticks !
He is certainly having a profound effect on middlesboro at the moment !!

I hope he does buy caldwell.
Imagine, getting rid of the donkey and getting cash for it too !!

Pederson is a decent player and I hope Celtic get a striker and replace caldwell if he goes (O'Dea recalled from loan would be a start).

Doogie Browser

Celtic are 7/4 Draw no bet tonight, are they worth a score?  You would fancy them to get a draw at least for pride. 

Myles Na G.

Some finish. Good to see Fortune get amongst the goals again.

wallyman

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 17, 2009, 08:03:30 PM
Some finish. Good to see Fortune get amongst the goals again.

Why do you care? thought you were a bear?

Are you a care bear??!

Main Street

Quote from: noeldebrun on December 17, 2009, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 17, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
Celtic are 7/4 Draw no bet tonight, are they worth a score?  You would fancy them to get a draw at least for pride.

your on the ball finished 3-3
"a draw no bet" just means a punter would get their money back, I think.
Those Rapid fans like their bouncy.
Hard to credit that they knocked out Aston Villa earlier on.
I only saw the second half, thank feck Mowbray didn't rest Crosas and NGuemo.
Was it Caddis who was having a stinker in defense? kept getting outjumped?
MCGinn did okay considering the  awful full back but most of his final balls were poorly executed.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Masinstreet, Loovens was terrible for the 3rd goal, defence in general was very poor, saying that great game and Celtic could have won it 7-3, funnily enough I was still delighted with the result, makeshift team and bar the first 23 minutes Celtic were by far the better team, if we'd only played in the first 4 games the way we played in the last 2 we would have topped the group and be in todays draw!
Never mind at least we can now concentrate on winning the league and CL next year.

Hail hail
Tbc....

Doogie Browser

Quote from: noeldebrun on December 17, 2009, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 17, 2009, 05:44:43 PM

your on the ball finished 3-3
Luckily I had them in an accum with Bate Borisov at 12/5 D.N.B, Benfica 8/15 and Fernabache 4/6.  if Celtic had have taken their chances I would have been over £260 quid richer as it stands I get around 85 quid for my tenner, if they had not scored the late equaliser I would have had zilch too though!

T Fearon

Happy enough with last night. All Mc Ginn needs to do is find a more consistent final pass (though his pass to set up Fortune's second goal was brilliant) and a more explosive shot, and he has the makings of a Celtic legend

Dannymcfella

More than happy with the result considering it was a dead rubber game. As far as our defence goes we didn't learn much we didn't already know. Midfield partnership or Crosas and nguemo continues to impress and McGinn also looked very good, if he can improve his final ball he will turn out to be a steal. Was disappointed with Flood, thought he was very poor, would have liked him to put in a good performance as its likely to be his last game for the club. Major positive of the night was Fortune double, that sshould improve his confidence so hopefully with him and sammy can keeping their recent scoring form going and skippy will start knocking in the goals again. Team showed good spirit and fight last night, in the long run think going 3 down will help us

Main Street

One player who has definitely been out of sorts whenever he plays has been Mark Wilson.
Good things sometimes happen in mysterious ways by the strangest of twists, this time in the form of Strachan riding to the rescue.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4812863.Boro_boss_keen_to_keep_St_Ledger/

Strachan is also lining up potential signings of his own, and one of his leading targets, Celtic full-back Mark Wilson, last night confirmed a desire to leave Parkhead.

Boro are ready to make a formal move for the 25-yearold, who has accepted that his Celtic career is at an end.

AFS

Some miss by Samaras. Great ball in for Hearts' second goal.

wallyman

Big game this sunday, McDonald reckons that Ki could be in line for a shock debut, though i cant see it myself. Any predictions on starting 11?