Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JohnDenver

Anybody that thinks Celtic will qualify from this tie is buck mad. They might keep it respectable in Parkhead though.

lfdown2

Quote from: JohnDenver on August 07, 2009, 01:26:32 PM
Anybody that thinks Celtic will qualify from this tie is buck mad. They might keep it respectable in Parkhead though.

should they turn up, or use the time to prepare for the spl season?

Main Street

Usually it's a disadvantage to be at home first but Celtic have done alright at CP in the first leg.
I think they came through 5 in a row in 2003 where the first leg was at home.
Then Barca the year after.

Different team now but it's a good tradition to have behind you.

JohnDenver

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 07, 2009, 01:45:23 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on August 07, 2009, 01:26:32 PM

should they turn up, or use the time to prepare for the spl season?

I think they should turn up for the craic if nothing else, sure what else would they be doing on a tuesday/wednesday night!!

T Fearon

I can tell you now Arsenal will not walk this tie and certainly won't win both legs.

Celtic held and could easily have beaten Man Ure at Parkhead last year with barely 11 fit players, between first and reserve teams, and numerous regulars out

JohnDenver

Quote from: T Fearon on August 07, 2009, 04:04:16 PM
I can tell you now Arsenal will not walk this tie and certainly won't win both legs.

Celtic held and could easily have beaten Man Ure at Parkhead last year with barely 11 fit players, between first and reserve teams, and numerous regulars out

On aggregate Arsenal will win by at least 2. No diggity no doubt.

clarshack

imo celtic definitely gave a better account against utd over 2 games than arsenal did in europe last season.

Will Hunting

Quote from: clarshack on August 07, 2009, 04:08:52 PM

imo celtic definitely gave a better account against utd over 2 games than arsenal did in europe last season.

That may be, but it's hardly relevant as far as this tie is concerned.

I would expect Arsenal to comfortably dispose of Celtic - both in terms of technical ability, and on the scoreboard.

clarshack

Quote from: Will Hunting on August 07, 2009, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 07, 2009, 04:08:52 PM

That may be, but it's hardly relevant as far as this tie is concerned.

I would expect Arsenal to comfortably dispose of Celtic - both in terms of technical ability, and on the scoreboard.

thats if celtic lay off them and let them play.

if the likes of arshavin, van persie etc are clattered in the first 10 mins they'll go and hide.

the dogs in the street know arsenal hate a physical encounter.

they'll not fancy coming to parkhead.

ONeill

I predict 6-0 agg. Arsenal will win 3-0
both legs.
Amen.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

celtic have a great record against the English clubs in Europe. Played 14 games and lost only four.
In recent times they have beaten Man Utd, Blackburn, Liverpool
in previous years they have met teams like Forest and Leeds and liverpool on a number of occassions

They are always written off against the English clubs yet they always give them a very tough game
id expect this match to be no different.
With Celtic Park bouncing on the night and a huge travelling support at the Emirates.

Archie Mitchell

They have played 14 and lost only 3. Good enough record and won't be any push overs. Still expect Arsenal to have enough class to go through, but you never know.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 07, 2009, 06:18:33 PM
celtic have a great record against the English clubs in Europe. Played 14 games and lost only four.
In recent times they have beaten Man Utd, Blackburn, Liverpool
in previous years they have met teams like Forest and Leeds and liverpool on a number of occassions

They are always written off against the English clubs yet they always give them a very tough game
id expect this match to be no different.
With Celtic Park bouncing on the night and a huge travelling support at the Emirates.
was going to post much the same thing

people said that blackburn would thump the Celts ....and they didnt
but then the 'mighty' liverpool would def stuff those scots paupers...they didnt
man u would destroy the cash poor Celtic in both legs...and they didnt
then man u the next time were going to anihilate Celtic the next time on the CL groups
...they again didnt

so its now arsenals turn to use their expensive squad and obliterate the shoestring budget squad of Celtic....we shall see ! !!

The Watcher Pat

Arsenal play a different style of footie that Blackburn Liverpool and Man U...U cant kick off the pitch what you cant catch....Should be fu

ARSENAL V CELTIC BETTING

Arsenal v Celtic – to qualify
1/4        Arsenal
11/4      Celtic

1st Leg
11/5      Celtic
11/5      Draw
6/5        Arsenal

To win both legs
11/5      Arsenal
20/1      Celtic

20/1      Celtic to lose first leg and qualify
80/1      Both legs 0-0 in normal time

Number of red cards over the two legs
4/11      None
11/4      One
15/2      Two or more

Which team will have most cards over the two legs
5/6        Celtic
7/5        Arsenal
11/2      Tie
(Red cards count as two)

Player to score the most goals over the two legs
7/2        Van Persie
9/2        Arshavin
6/1        Eduardo
13/2      Bendtner
8/1        Walcott
12/1      Vela
12/1      Fabregas

8/1        McDonald
12/1      Fortune
11/1      Samaras
16/1      Maloney
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celts about to play Man City should be a good laugh - match on Polsat.
That's me off to the pubski.  ;D

Hail Hail
Tbc....