?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Rav67

Quote from: illdecide on November 04, 2008, 05:08:35 PM
Has the team been named yet???

You can tell you're a gaa man anyway!  In soccer only Trapattoni names his teams well in advance, you'll not find out till 1 hour before kick off but I'd imagine it will be: Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, Wilson, McGeady, Hartley, Brown, Robson/Nakamura, Maloney, McDonald.  I'd be surprised if Sheridan starts but it might be an idea to have a bit of height up there with Sammy and JVOH out.

Main Street

Rangers lose ground tonight in the campaign to retain their second place in the SPL, might have been worse except for an injury time equaliser earned them a point at home to Dundee United.

carribbear

Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2008, 11:29:05 PM
Rangers lose ground tonight in the campaign to retain their second place in the SPL, might have been worse except for an injury time equaliser earned them a point at home to Dundee United.

Jammy shower getting a point out of it....That sandaza seems to like scoring against the old firm

http://celtichuddle.proboards26.com/

billy the kid

Does anyone know where I could view the Gunners or Celtic V Man U online?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Doogie Browser

Best of luck to Celtic tonight, I am hoping that envious home record will reap another scalp tonight (1-0 Scott Brown  ;))

carribbear

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 05, 2008, 05:41:36 PM
Best of luck to Celtic tonight, I am hoping that envious home record will reap another scalp tonight (1-0 Scott Brown  ;))

Not too far off the 1-0 we needed. Good effort nonetheless.

http://celtichuddle.proboards26.com/

lfdown2

hows does that diving kicking **** ronaldo stay on the field, the biggest cheating bastard in the game at the minute!   :-X :-X :-X

clarshack

if utd were to beat villareal and celtic finally win away from home in the next game it would leave things very interesting going into the final round of games. if both teams are level on points does it go down to how one team did against the other? on last nights game i thought ronaldo was a real w*nker with his diving, cheating, looking other pros booked, putting his hands up in the air when things didnt go his way and he should have seen red for kicking brown.

Doogie Browser

United deserved a draw last night, but Celtic defended magnificently all night, Boruc I am afraid has become a pale imitation of his former good self, far too many mistakes now.  That was a terrible clanger last night and a real kick in the teeth, Caldwell and McManus were immense all night.
Taking McDonald off was a mistake IMO as he was holding the ball so well all night, taking pressure off the defence at crucial times, Celtic show yet again that Parkhead is as difficult a place to come to in Europe to get a victory.
Ronaldo is what he is, a detestable 'sportsman' he should have walked I have no doubt about it.

I just hope that w**ker Ince was watching, 'call me the guvnor' what a p***k.  He will make a balls of Blackburn and it will be great to have a laugh at the disrespectful cnut.

lfdown2

aye it was a deserved draw no doubt, longest 75 odd minutes of soccer iv ever watched, though wouldnt be too down on boruc that ball did some moving especially at the last minute, thought brown was immense as well he really got stuck in and was almost playing as a man marker on ronaldo, didnt sell himself once but perhaps a couple of rash challenges, great goal by skippy, thought it was a mistake to take of maloney, im sure the lad was fcuked but he was the only one that had any chance of carrying the ball from defence!

ah well, just for an away win and a utd win now then!!

Croí na hÉireann

Brave effort by the Hoops. What Strachan was at taking off Maloney who was probably Celtic's MOTM and leaving on Robson who was having a mare I'll never know. We sat too deep towards the end and we were never gonna ride the consequent storm out. Brown is starting to look like the player I thought he would be and how Ronaldo didn't see yellow never mind red for that kick is beyond me. Still would have taken a draw at the start what with our injury list so another decent European night in Celtic Park...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Clown

can anyone post the words of the song they were singing last nite (i know i asked this previously)

yankee doodle tune??

mhacadoir

Quote from: Clown on November 06, 2008, 10:08:30 AM
can anyone post the words of the song they were singing last nite (i know i asked this previously)

yankee doodle tune??

I presume its the one that goes:

Glasgow Celtic Cahmpions (oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) to that tune.

I thought we defended really well last night, with a depleted strikeforce we did the best we could.
I have no problems with who strachan brought on, all three have played nothing this year and did fine, but i agree maloney should have stayed on. great goal by mc donald, and a great atmosphere.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Rav67

Looked like a cracking atmosphere last night.  Celtic were excellent first half (apart from when defending corners) but then WGS went far too defensive 2nd half particularly when he brought O'Dea on, it was almost a 5-5 with the headless chicken Hutchison filtering back into the middle but never looking near getting a touch or actually even closing anyone down.  I think the strikers had ran themselves into the ground, if JVOH and Sammy were fit there would've been more striking options and maybe we could have left 2 up and might have stuck up there just a wee bit more to relieve the pressure in the 2nd half. 

Not a huge fan of Wilson's, particularly at LB, but I thought he was excellent last night, as was Mick.  Robson is excellent in the SPL but at that level he gives the ball away far too much and just looks well out of his depth.  I think he should've been brought off rather than Maloney who always looked capable of beating a man and getting a shot in at least.  All in all though happy enough with the point and its sets us up nicely for the Aalborg game which will probably decide the UEFA cup slot.