Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

gawa316

Did I hear a rendition of the billy boys been sung?

Stalin

'Without killing anyone, we won it three times'  :o
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Orior

Sheridan, a GAA man from Cavan? When did he play for the county?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2008, 07:49:53 PM
Norwich getting the run around early on.

Hardstation would you ever f **k off from this thread, it's a Celtic thread and you add sweet f **k all to it!
Tbc....

new devil

I think Celtic are the worst team we have played in a long time..I no yous are missing players but that was brutal tonight  :-\

cavan4ever

Quote from: Orior on October 21, 2008, 10:04:22 PM
Sheridan, a GAA man from Cavan? When did he play for the county?

He played County Minor and U-16.  Was a very good player.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: new devil on October 22, 2008, 01:30:47 AM
I think Celtic are the worst team we have played in a long time..I no yous are missing players but that was brutal tonight  :-\

??? ???Uniteds last game out beat West Brom 4 nil, beat Celtic 3 nil with 2 offside goals so this makes them worse how?? We were out played at times but were still in the game until the 2nd goal.

I would also like to add that if Man Utd had Lee Naylor in their team they would prob get relegated in consecutive seasons down into league 1, the man is terrible, he was caught out of position over and over again and his crossing was terrible.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 22, 2008, 12:05:08 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2008, 07:49:53 PM
Norwich getting the run around early on.

Hardstation would you ever f **k off from this thread, it's a Celtic thread and you add sweet f **k all to it!

I though it was funny enough hardstation.

Over the Bar

QuoteI think Celtic are the worst team we have played in a long time..I no yous are missing players but that was brutal tonight  Undecided

In the first half Van Der Sar was the busier keeper of the two and if Celtic had gone in one up it would not have been unfair on United.  Celtic always needed to score first or at least keep it scoreless until the 2nd half.  United got the rub of the green as the first goal was blatantly offside.  After that Celtic had to chase the game and were always going to be vulnerable on the break.   A 2nd offside goal was a complete kick in the stones although Utd were good for a 2 goal lead at that stage.  In the 2nd half United played with the panache & aplomb you've come to expect from them when 2 goals to the good.   The 3rd was inevitable as Celtic never lay down and kept attacking up to the final whistle.   

Celtic's earning in the SPL is 10% of that of Hull or Stoke, never mind being expected to match United, although with a decent striker they could have got something out of last night.

T Fearon

Pleased enough with our display against a major US Corporation. If we had had the services of one big striker things may have been a bit different. Looking forward to the return in Parkhead when we can still help Villareal win the group ;D

Cillian Sheridan played for Cavan minors in the 2005 Ulster Championshio when they drew with the soon to become All Ireland Champions (Martin Clarke and all) Down, and were beaten after extra time if I remember rightly. My nephew played for Down on this occasion ;D

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on October 22, 2008, 09:04:38 AM
Looking forward to the return in Parkhead when we can still help Villareal win the group ;D

Think you should be more worried about finishing third & getting that lucrative UEFA Cup spot

magpie seanie

Quoteif Celtic had gone in one up it would not have been unfair on United.

:o

EC Unique

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 22, 2008, 08:53:40 AM
QuoteI think Celtic are the worst team we have played in a long time..I no yous are missing players but that was brutal tonight  Undecided

In the first half Van Der Sar was the busier keeper of the two and if Celtic had gone in one up it would not have been unfair on United.   Celtic always needed to score first or at least keep it scoreless until the 2nd half.  United got the rub of the green as the first goal was blatantly offside.  After that Celtic had to chase the game and were always going to be vulnerable on the break.   A 2nd offside goal was a complete kick in the stones although Utd were good for a 2 goal lead at that stage.  In the 2nd half United played with the panache & aplomb you've come to expect from them when 2 goals to the good.   The 3rd was inevitable as Celtic never lay down and kept attacking up to the final whistle.   

Celtic's earning in the SPL is 10% of that of Hull or Stoke, never mind being expected to match United, although with a decent striker they could have got something out of last night.

I must have been watching a different Game. What I saw in the first half was Celtic defending for thier lives with Rooney and Berb getting plenty of possession and Ronaldo taking the piss out of Celtic players down the right wing. Last night showed a massavie gulf in Class and Celtic are Uefa cup standard at best. The pundits after the game actually showed the goals to be on side and Rooney had a perfect goal disallowed so it really should have been 4-0 ;D

Doogie Browser

Few observations last night, McGeady looked dangerous every time he had the ball and was beating his man with great frequency, he is still an enigma though as he also gave possession away on too many occasions much the same as last week against Cyprus.
Although it was offside, Boruc was terrible for the second goal from Berbatov, the way he shaped himself meant the ball was always going to come straight back out, some of his performances this season have been erratic to say the least (though I still think he is quality).
Lee Naylor is not good enough defensively, end of story, no matter what attacking qualities he brings he is a defender first & foremost but seems to forget that.  
Felt sorry for McDonald as he won enough balls but invariably had to drop back 20/30 yards with it for support every time, this is where the midfield were lacking for Celtic, but it was needs must last night and Strachan had no other option, he could not have started Sheridan (who did actually look decent).