?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Who would you like them to get this year? Wouldn't mind Liverpool myself

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

We are almost guarenteed an english team, and we'll get one of the big two from Italy or Spain, gonna be another group of death, think we ended up in pot 3 or 4 because of the co-efficient!
Tbc....

slow corner back

Surely the coefficient is going the right way, scots teams in last 16 for last three years plus huns in uefa final and dons kept going until after xmas last year?

illdecide

The away matches are class in the champions league, a few years ago i went to the San Siro and Barcelona in the same season (just hope we don't get such a cruel draw like that again) def the places to go with the mates...i've a couple of stag doo's coming up that will wreck the chances of a game in europe this year...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Er, the only away European Cup game I've been at involving Celtic was against Dundalk...and Bobby Lennox and Danny Mc Grain were playing!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: slow corner back on August 15, 2008, 04:17:01 PM
Surely the coefficient is going the right way, scots teams in last 16 for last three years plus huns in uefa final and dons kept going until after xmas last year?

not sure think the ratings take a good few years to get over 4 or 5 yrs?
what pot we in anyway, don't have time to check.
Tbc....

the colonel

i was at the san siro feb 07. was an unreal 3 days. craic was unbelievable. result wasnt greatest but everyone was happy enough to take the eventual winners to ET. looking forward to alot more home games this yr 2.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Muzz

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 15, 2008, 04:55:24 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on August 15, 2008, 04:17:01 PM

not sure think the ratings take a good few years to get over 4 or 5 yrs?
what pot we in anyway, don't have time to check.

Still in Pot 3.  Would need 7 or 8 "seeded" teams not to come through the qualifiers to make it into Pot 2.  Seville will no longer count towards the seeding.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2008, 03:51:34 PM
Who would you like them to get this year? Wouldn't mind Liverpool myself
wouldnt want an english team - as the off fied violence towards Celtic fans at away game is horrific and unreported
however
liverpool or arsenal - as both seem a bit toothless right now, though liverpool could get better

otherwise, portugese,belgian, greek, dutch, even german teams not as good as once were so could be beatable - mind you thats based on last season !

I like trips to france or spain, but spanish teams usually win and win well !

Rav67

I wouldn't forsee much off-field trouble if Celtic got Liverpool but if we drew Man Utd again or Chelsea I would fear for the safety of Celtic supporters there.  Would like to see Celtic get Real Madrid as they're the biggest club that the Hoops have avoided in Europe in the last few years.

I saw the guy Loovens in the pre-season friendly with Cardiff, he looks like a decent defender and was the most popular player with their supporters.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rav67 on August 15, 2008, 05:36:19 PM
I wouldn't forsee much off-field trouble if Celtic got Liverpool but if we drew Man Utd again or Chelsea I would fear for the safety of Celtic supporters there.  Would like to see Celtic get Real Madrid as they're the biggest club that the Hoops have avoided in Europe in the last few years.

I saw the guy Loovens in the pre-season friendly with Cardiff, he looks like a decent defender and was the most popular player with their supporters.
big rangers fanbase there as well in liverpool as there is in newcastle and manchester - both places that were horrendous for Celtic fans on visits in recent years

yeah, real madrid woul dbe a good trip, but the Celtic - Barca link would give them an extra incentive and motivation, that Celtic dont really need or want, so I'd like to avoid them too !

T Fearon

Bad points loss yesterday, crap goal conceded and extremely lucky not to concede a penalty as well. What do you think of Maloney coming back from Villa as the rumours suggest? Can't see him ousting Naka or Mc Geady and where else would he play?

lfdown2

dont let him near the place!!very lucky yesterday, stone wall penalty and a couple of hand balls which could have been given, though mcdonald missed a sitter, still need a stricker imo, vofh had a great chance yesterday to make it 2-0 but poor effort...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not fussed on Shaun coming back, he is no better (if not alot worse) then what we already have.
Yesterday was very poor indeed, am happy with one point as I feel we should have been beaten!
Major problems up front with finishing, and bringing Samaras on does not fill me with any confidence!
Although it has to be remembered that the last couple of seasons we have had shaky starts to the season and then gone onto win the league.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Will be harder to do that this year, with the Huns free from European Commitments (still laughing :D :D) and ourselves up to our eyes in it. Imperative we win the derby on August 31st and not let them build up a points lead like last year. I thought more should have been done to get Mc Fadden from Birmingham, he would have been a guaranteed success up front.