?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7509396.stm

Bye bye Bobo................................

Celtic to release Balde on free 

Balde played just four games for Celtic last season
Celtic will allow defender Bobo Balde to leave on a free transfer, if he can find a suitable deal elsewhere.

The 32-year-old Guinea international has a year of his contract to run but has not been a first team regular under manager Gordon Strachan.

Bolton were keen on the centre half in January but Balde picked up an injury at the African Nations Cup.

This time last year, Balde turned down an approach from Sunderland, who were prepared to pay £1.5m for him.

Balde moved to Celtic Park from Toulouse seven years ago but has played just 14 times in the past two seasons.

Tamas looking more and more likely - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7509653.stm

Celtic close in on defender Tamas 

Tamas was impressive for Romania at Euro 2008
Celtic are exploring a possible move for Romanian international defender Gabriel Tamas from Auxerre.

Sources close to the player have told BBC Sport that a meeting will take place in Paris between the 24-year-old and the clubs on Thursday.

However, Celtic have refused to comment on any transfer targets.

Tamas, who has 35 caps, signed for Auxerre from Spartak Moscow last summer and the French club are thought to be seeking a fee of around £3.5m.

Tamas, who played every minute of his country's three group matches at Euro 2008, moved to Spartak from Turkish side Galatasaray.

During his time with the Russian club he had loan spells with Dinamo Bucharest and Celta Vigo.

Tbc....

mhacadoir

nostalgia wise im sad to see bobo go, but it makes sense for both him and celtic.

Bobo's gonnae get ya!!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: mhacadoir on July 16, 2008, 01:53:33 PM
nostalgia wise im sad to see bobo go, but it makes sense for both him and celtic.

Bobo's gonnae get ya!!!

Enjoyed some of his performances over the 7 years alright  ;D, but he should have done the decent thing by Celtic last year when Sunderland offered him first team action, we could also have made a pound or two, instead of nothing!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Young Aidaniho signs for 5 years, excellent news, great young player who is getting better and better - still only 22.  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7511614.stm

McGeady agrees new Celtic terms 

Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady has signed a five-year contract with the Scottish champions.

The new deal improves on the four-and-a-half-year extension agreed with the 22-year-old Republic of Ireland international in February 2007.

In April, McGeady was voted both Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year by his fellow professionals.

"We are delighted that he has committed his long-term future to the club," said chief executive Peter Lawwell.

"Aiden's performances in recent seasons have made him the outstanding player in Scottish football," Lawwell continued on the club website.

"Our priority has always been to try and keep our best players.

"It is particularly satisfying that Aiden has become such a success having come through the ranks of our youth development programme."

Tbc....

the milkman

Great news! the wee man's a star, with his best years all ahead of him.

slow corner back

After loosing Shaun Moloney so easily it is good top see Aidan signing on for a long tern deal. Perhaps he sees regular champions league football and wining trophies as being more important than upping his not inconsiderable wages. Good to see a footballer with a bit of sense.

nifan

Really thought McGeady would go, but he is probably doing the right thing all round.

T Fearon

Ticket secured for Flag day on August 10th, right on halfway line to complement the cheap easyjet flight I booked when the fixtures were announced ;D

clarshack

watched the southampton game the other night. young caddis did well when he came on and looks a good prospect. celtic are spoilt for choice at right back yet really only have naylor at left back.

balladmaker

QuoteTicket secured for Flag day on August 10th, right on halfway line to complement the cheap easyjet flight I booked when the fixtures were announced

Tony, are ye putting Celtic ahead of your beloved Armagh?

T Fearon

Yes, well spotted. There is a potential clash on August 10th, between Flag day and the AI Football Quarter Final which may or may not involve Armagh. However the ideal scenario will be that Armagh will qualify for the quarter final and that this will be played on Saturday August 9th.

Failing that I will be in Glasgow on August 10 whatever. I have seen Armagh in plenty of AI Quarter Finals before but I have never been at Celtic Park on flag day

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on July 21, 2008, 01:10:29 PM
Yes, well spotted. There is a potential clash on August 10th, between Flag day and the AI Football Quarter Final which may or may not involve Armagh. However the ideal scenario will be that Armagh will qualify for the quarter final and that this will be played on Saturday August 9th.

Failing that I will be in Glasgow on August 10 whatever. I have seen Armagh in plenty of AI Quarter Finals before but I have never been at Celtic Park on flag day

I can thoroughly recommend it Tone.  ;D
Tbc....

under the bar

QuoteI have seen Armagh in plenty of AI Quarter Finals before but I have never been at Celtic Park on flag day

What with Armagh's recent record in AI Quarter finals I wouldn't blame ye for headin to Glasgow!  ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic v Middlesborough in the Algarve cup, about to kick-off live on Setanta sports one.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

First half just ended, poor enough game so far.
McGeady outstanding as usual, Brown in nets has made a couple of saves, Scott Brown very quiet and disappointed with Samaras and Skippy up front, Samaras wasted a couple of decent chances.
Tbc....