?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2022, 11:12:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 11:10:50 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 13, 2022, 12:55:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2022, 10:01:17 PM
Shows how far off the pace the Old Firm are. Considering they got to the Europa League final last season, Rangers have fallen back a lot.
It shows that there's a thin line between a team functioning well and the same team dysfunctioning. We'll see how the team and management adapts.
I had thought that Celtic gaining  third position in this group would have been a good job done but there's only a slim chance of that happening now.
Possibly a morale boosting win v Shakhtar might save some face.
A win would be fantastic. There is a huge element of luck in the composition of these groups as well, as there is for Ireland in the Euros.
But you have to take your chances.

From the teams in the CL Celtic and Rangers may have a bit of a chance at home against Shakhtar/Plzen and maybe Maccabi Haifa... and that's a stretch!!

I'm not sure how much better of a draw they could have received?
Group G might have been more comfortable.

illdecide

I actually don't understand what you guys watch and then come out with the comments you do. How can you say Celtic are not competing in CL?. Yes, I get the 3 defeats (and i've been to two of them ffs) but we have competed and we have given all the teams we've played a right rattle for majority of the game. Celtic have not been in the CL for 5 years and it's gonna take Celtic another season or two of continuously playing in the CL to compete to the stage where we start getting results by improving the team at each transfer window.
For me (and it's only my opinion) I think we're going in the right direction and when you think of the total rebuild that has happened from last year we're ahead of schedule. Celtic had 2-3 ropey displays recently in the league but got through them (bar St Mirren game) and that's always gonna be the case, some people think you're gonna win 6-0 every week, there will be weeks where we get a last min winner or a dodgy penalty given against you (which brings me on to the most attacking team in Scotland who haven't had a penalty this year).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Agree 100%. Bar misplaced faith in Maeda, Ange is playing a blinder.

VAR coming into the SPL on Friday, should be fun :-\

clarshack

Celtic getting screwed over by VAR already.

Applesisapples

Quote from: clarshack on October 22, 2022, 01:33:59 PM
Two penalties were penalties, but Celtic should have had a penalty and another goal.

Main Street

All in all, this Saturday was a good football day. If only Hearts could play that type of football in the euro conference league and pick up some coefficient points for Scotland. Considering he was already written off by everybody (but Lynchbhoy), Forrest has entered his Indian summer era, I didn't think he had it left in him, he's most definitely an important factor in the squad now.
Hatate's work rate and midfield panache meant that McGregor wasn't missed, at least  the thought didn't enter my head about (the considerable) McGregor being missing.

bennydorano

Hatate has been flourishing  in McGregor's absence ok. Love the big Greek, he'd be first 11 for me all day long.

OrchardOrange

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 22, 2022, 02:40:43 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 22, 2022, 01:33:59 PM
Two penalties were penalties, but Celtic should have had a penalty and another goal.

The first peno should have been a free out and possibly a yellow card as the Hearts player attacked the ball studs up which is endangering your opponent. Watch it again. That is a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

illdecide

What a game yesterday...As noted above why do teams lift themselves to that level against the team they hate the most and play like Lions and then go out against Sevco and the rest and play like pussy cats, surely as professional footballers you have to ask yourself "If I can do this for 4 games a year why can't i do it for 30 games a year". I wasn't too disappointed with Hearts decisions from VAR yesterday as I didn't expect anything less but I was a bit pissed about the decisions that went against Celtic but it's nothing new, this sh1t has been going on for ever so I don't expect it to stop anytime soon.

The most frustrating thing for me watching the game was how long it took Ange to replace Bernabai at LB, he really struggled early on and never recovered from his early failures. The rest of the team done ok, to score 4 goals away from home is great and will win majority of games comfortably but not that one yesterday which went to the wire. I thought the back four were ok but looked a wee bit shaky at times, quite a few people are loving bug Jens but I have TBH and say i still prefer Starfelt. Jens looks more comfortable on the ball but for me Starfelt is more hardy and is not as easily bullied off the ball as Jens is. If Jens can fill out a bit more and get a wee bit more aggression he def can be one for the future...

seafoid

bennydorano

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on October 25, 2022, 09:35:05 PM
Miss of the century

Unreal Benny...Nearly felt sorry for the lad.

Think the Germans beating Madrid last night puts the group into perspective a bit. We competed and didn't get embarrassed so that's a plus (although one big test still to come). Onwards and upwards.

Armagh18

Quote from: illdecide on October 26, 2022, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 25, 2022, 09:35:05 PM
Miss of the century

Unreal Benny...Nearly felt sorry for the lad.

Think the Germans beating Madrid last night puts the group into perspective a bit. We competed and didn't get embarrassed so that's a plus (although one big test still to come). Onwards and upwards.
Realistically it's gonna take Celtic a few years of consistently reaching the group stages to build into a team that can expect to win games at that level. The signs are definitely positive though and as you say they definitely competed. I'd nearly liken it to the likes of club teams winning their championship and then gaining experience at provincial level- it takes time to build and improve at the higher level.

general_lee

Saw some stats for the group. Celtic are second behind Real for shots on goal and corners, third for average possession. Have been no worse than level after 55 mins in all matches. Have probably hit the woodwork the most. The lack of killer instinct in front of goal and the final quarter when the team seem to tire/lack of able replacements has been the downfall. Not insurmountable and something to learn from.

Applesisapples