?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2022, 10:10:53 AM
A bit of an anti climax in the end but a great nights experience all the same. Ground was rocking...Dunno what it looked like or sounded like from the TV but being there was great. I think we put a lot of effort into the first half and seemed to tire as soon as first goal went it, it was like it zapped their legs from energy. Real are a class outfit and as some of you have already said they'll be hard to beat, we had McGregor's post and Maeda chance at start of second half which in games like this you will get 3-4 chances a game and you have to take 50% of them to stand a chance and we didn't.

Was talking to Chris Sutton this morning at 5:30am in Glasgow Airport (a wee Starbucks together), we had a good chat about the game and kinda had the same remarks as everyone else. He said you get away with your odd mistake in Scotland but not against these guys, they punish you and are ruthless. We don't need a pundit to tell us all that we know that.
Sutton is class. I'd love to meet him.
Careful now

Main Street

Quote from: ned on September 07, 2022, 08:36:38 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2022, 10:10:53 AM
A bit of an anti climax in the end but a great nights experience all the same. Ground was rocking...Dunno what it looked like or sounded like from the TV but being there was great. I think we put a lot of effort into the first half and seemed to tire as soon as first goal went it, it was like it zapped their legs from energy. Real are a class outfit and as some of you have already said they'll be hard to beat, we had McGregor's post and Maeda chance at start of second half which in games like this you will get 3-4 chances a game and you have to take 50% of them to stand a chance and we didn't.

Was talking to Chris Sutton this morning at 5:30am in Glasgow Airport (a wee Starbucks together), we had a good chat about the game and kinda had the same remarks as everyone else. He said you get away with your odd mistake in Scotland but not against these guys, they punish you and are ruthless. We don't need a pundit to tell us all that we know that.

BT Sport turned the sound down. The commentator at one point said the noise had been defeaning all night (paraphrasing) but it didn't sound as good as it actually was going by YouTube clips and comments from others there.
Real Madrid are a classy, experienced team. They have bags of nous at the back and two of the world's best midfielders in Kroos and Modric and Valverde was something else last night. Yet we ran them close for a good while. I think some players were a bit overawed. Abada had 2 good chances, Maeda should have scored and McGregor was very unlucky. Some of our passing and breaking their lines was fantastic. What did us was their passing. We aren't used to having to chase so much and play without the ball, definitely more demanding. It's what we do to Scottish teams. All in all, they were too good. But I'd rather see last night's display than changing style completely and packing our penalty area.
RTE had the stadium noise at a loud level,  much better than BT.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Main Street

"Yesterday I dared to struggle today I dare to win." Fred Hampton- Black Panther,  adapted by Bernadette McAliskey around the Battle of the Bogside,

The Croatian midfield maestro said: "Special atmosphere. Thank you Celtic Park."

The home fans paid tribute to the likes of Karim Benzema and Modric with applause when they were replaced.

Kroos added: "The mentality of these people who accept their rivals, it's a spectacular atmosphere.

"We didn't expect an easy game, it's a good team here at home."

Main Street

Scotland's Shame!!

albeit the Dutch media reporting does crudely  cross the line of xenophobia. But this time they could arguably offer  extreme provocation  as an excuse.
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/drunken-scots-take-your-rubbish-with-you-how-rangers-4-0-defeat-to-ajax-was-reported-by-dutch-press-3835982

'Drunken Scots', 'take your rubbish with you' - How Rangers' 4-0 defeat to Ajax was reported by Dutch press

Rangers desperate performance in their Champions League group stage opener against Ajax has been heavily criticised by the Dutch press.
Just two weeks after claiming a famous 1-0 over PSV Eindhoven to qualify for the group stages for the first time in 12 years, the Ibrox side were subjected to an Amsterdam annihilation on their return to the Netherlands.

Conceding three before half-time, and another after the break, Giovanni van Bronckhorst's side lost four goals in successive matches for the first time since 1982 following a similar rout at Celtic Park on Saturday.

In their match report De Volkskrant compared Rangers performance to the standard of the side currently sitting 12th in the Eredivisie.
"The team of Giovanni van Bronckhorst looked Scottish and skewed as the ball kept making a detour past legs that had no chance of being extended," they wrote. "There was just too much happening for Rangers, too fast, in too small a space.

"PSV was anxious. Ajax pretended there was no opponent at all, as if Rangers were just a team from the Eredivisie. A kind of FC Groningen, but dressed in blue. "

De Telegraaf branded Rangers "drunken Scots", as they wrote: "After a short scanning phase, the team from Amsterdam set off in the atmospheric Johan Cruijff ArenA.
"In it, the drunken Scots were lucky that it was 'only' 3-0 at half time."

Meanwhile, Algemeen Dagblad commented on the fact that Ajax fans aimed a chant directly at Rangers boss and fellow countryman Van Bronckhorst.

"'Gio, take your rubbish with you', the supporters of Ajax sang in the final phase of the one-sided duel," they wrote.

Rangers defending was also criticised with the first goal attributed to an error by James Sands.

clarshack

will there be a Coronation Cup for Celtic to defend lol.

Hound

Ange Postecoglou for Brighton?

As high as 12/1 with William Hill
As low as 2/1f with Unibet/Stan James

illdecide

Tomorrow's game is the most important in the group for Celtic and i'm a bit concerned (although i'm like this with every game), if we lose we've no pts and the top two will have 6 from 6 so can rule out qualifying (not mathematically but u know what i mean). Celtic need a draw min i feel to keep their hopes alive in the group, they thumped RB leipzip 4-1 last game so have to be good but from what i hear they'd 5 shots on target and scored 4 of them. This game will def show Celtic where they're at level wise as we all know Real Madrid are on a different planet even though we came out swinging against them.

Score predictions?

Shakhtar 2 Celtic 2
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

No1

Celtic to win 2-1.  I hope!  Haksabanovic starts, think he could be an inspired signing.

bennydorano

Orior

So it's not like the Eurovision Song Contest where you are meant to let Ukraine or Ukraine teams win?

Celtic 1-0 up and playing very well.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Shakhtar haven't played at home since 2014 .That would be like Celtic playing in Skye since the referendum.