?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: Snapchap on September 04, 2022, 08:42:31 AM
Why does someone enter a thread specifically to announce that they aren't interested in the subject of the thread? Is it purely attention seeking I wonder? Or an "I'm better than all of you" type ego trip?

If you're talking about Fear it's definitely all of the above

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

It's to provide an alternative view. Hard for some to understand. Work away lads and enjoy it , just I find some elements of it far removed from what sport is about. I suppose we can  all get the two mixed at times, i had my issues with commonwealth games , maybe pot and kettle , but in Celtics case it just seems very front and centre of everything

bennydorano

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 04, 2022, 11:44:21 AM
It's to provide an alternative view. Hard for some to understand. Work away lads and enjoy it , just I find some elements of it far removed from what sport is about. I suppose we can  all get the two mixed at times, i had my issues with commonwealth games , maybe pot and kettle , but in Celtics case it just seems very front and centre of everything
What actual point are you trying to make? I don't see any 'view' you're putting across?

Dougal Maguire

An alternative view to what? If you look at this thread the only contribution Celtic supporters make is regarding the team and match results. Sin é. It's only folk like yourself that comment on and appear to have a fixation about stuff beyond football
Careful now

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Large sections of the fanbase behaviour is based on making political statements. What has wee Paddy Coyle and by Bernadette Devlin or Palestine got to do with football. Most lads would not have a notion what any of that stuff is even about.

Dougal Maguire

Has anyone apart from yourself made a comment about things like that on this thread?
Careful now

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 04, 2022, 04:54:54 PM
Has anyone apart from yourself made a comment about things like that on this thread?

And your logic is?

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 04, 2022, 04:43:30 PM
Large sections of the fanbase behaviour is based on making political statements. What has wee Paddy Coyle and by Bernadette Devlin or Palestine got to do with football. Most lads would not have a notion what any of that stuff is even about.

very sweeping statement there

ned

Football supporters the world over are political. In a lot of cases it's what brings them together.
Better that than being a faceless corporate entity like PSG or Man City have become.
I can assure you plenty of Palestinians thank the Celtic supporters for keeping their cause front and centre.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 04, 2022, 05:53:32 PM

Not at all. Very accurate

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 04, 2022, 06:28:01 PM

And what? You could make the same argument for the GAA.

bennydorano

Personally think the Green Brigade are a bit full of themselves but big f**king tickle, they're entitled as anyone else to highlight social justice issues, they undoubtedly help create a great atmosphere and spectacle in Celtic Park tho. I follow football ultras and a couple of other similar twitter accounts, the Green Brigade are not unique, they've probably taken inspiration from South American clubs mo.

Snapchap

There doesn't seem to be much/any politics discussed here - at least not on the odd occasion I've dipped into the thread. Seems like you just had your own preconceived notion of what those participating in the thread tend to talk about and wanted to let them know that you see yourself as being above them.

Why else would you come into a thread to tell everyone how you have no interest in the topic? I really don't get people doing that.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 04, 2022, 06:28:01 PM

like I said, a very sweeping statement

bannside

Right Fear. Most lads can fcuk off. Celtic supporters, particularly Green Brigade, highlight social or world injustices. Have you a problem with this, especially drawing attention to the horrific injustices happening on a daily basis in Palestine.

If you've a problem with this, I have a problem with you.