?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 08, 2021, 03:44:07 PM
You're under some pressure today Angelo. Wrong constantly and it absolutely kills you to admit it.

I'm not under any pressure. I do have a cabal of people making loud noises and I'm dismissing them with posts substantiated with facts, parallels and precedent and nothing back likewise.

You were swatted into the ground with facts earlier so now you're resigned to clinging onto the coattails of the next mope who comes and swings and misses. Even a poster like 6thsam who neither likes me or sees eye to eye with me can appreciate I'm back on the money here.

Your contributions would give Comical Ali two rosy red cheeks.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:46:49 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 02:36:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:18:10 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 02:11:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 01:56:32 PM
Was Christie not on loan at Aberdeen for most of time under Rodgers and only really played half a season for him? Has played majority of Celtic career under Lennon?

Played for Celtic in Rodgers last season where he was probably our player of the season. Had done very well at Aberdeen when he was on loan there. Was MOTM in the win over RB Leipzig.

He's a very good player and one of Scotland's key men at present. He has been dreadful for Celtic this season and his performances tailed off since Lennon has taken over much like the rest of our players - McGregor, Forrest, Rogic etc

He only got in the team in late October and Rodgers was gone by February FFS. You're some bluffer, he's played almost entirely for Lennon at Celtic bar a few months altogether.

A £25m player on back of 3 months under Rodgers 2 years ago  ???

Some levels of misinformation there.

Christie was off the back of two very good seasons with Aberdeen, had a fantastic season with Celtic in his first season and like every other Celtic players has seen his form and performances gradually decline and continue to do so once Lennon came in and eroded all the standards Rodgers had built at Celtic.

Nobody has mentioned him as a 25m player, only you.

Oct to Feb is 5 months - not 3.

So your post is one complete pile of lies and rubbish.

Christie played 6 times for Celtic in his first season. Scored one goal. That's some heavy lifting to describe that as fantastic. He has played the majority of his games for Celtic under Lennon too.

And he played his best football by far under Rodgers.

Like all the rest of the Celtic team, his form has fallen off a cliff under Lennon. He had two very successful seasons on loan at Aberdeen as well.

Like Forrest, like McGregor and like Rogic and all the rest. Christie's form has deteriorated under Lennon, rapidly. The common denominator.

You want Celtic to flip players and get taken advantage of by EPL clubs. I want Celtic to  hold onto their best players and when we do sell them we do it on our terms. That's where we differ.

Where have I said I want Celtic to 'flip players'? And get taken advantage of? I don't want us to sell anyone. I want to keep out best players. We differ on Christie.
Define two very successful seasons at Aberdeen. And no come back on your wrong statement about his first season at Celtic?
He played his best football under Rodgers? How many games? What were his stats

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on February 08, 2021, 03:18:09 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 08, 2021, 01:57:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 08, 2021, 12:49:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 12:15:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 11:47:21 AM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
Celtic don't need this Donegal fella as DoF they have one here that will sort them out very quickly.

Deluded springs to mind if you think those players are worth that. Clubs don't pay that for players from the SPL, too much of a risk and in current climate as well, money not been spent.

And even the dog on the street knows that clubs have to operate in a wage structure. You pay one man £65k a week and you'll have a queue of agents down the hall looking for new contracts and any new signings looking these levels.

By all means, put contracts on table, negotiate and get them adding years to protect value but you can't risk the club on back of potential CL earnings.

I'd have no doubts that Desmond has sounded out new managers but is struggling to get the right man, interest not there at top end to manage a SPL team for 4 old firm games a year.

If they won't they pay then they shouldn't go.

They have no problem paying £40m for players from the English Championship so they should not have any problems paying that for players with European football pedigree.

You once again let your bias for beloved English Premier League cloud your judgement.

Sorry wee Man, you're all over the place, could you rewrite the first line in English, thanks.

You're triggered by criticism of your beloved EPL which you claim not to have an interest in.

You seem to have a bizarre obsession with Celtic.

Have you struggled to even figure what you tried to say yourself? Don't worry about it, reading and writing can be a challenge for some, chin up.

You don't seem to have anything to offer only inane posts when your obsession is outlined. Anglophiles like yourself have deep conflictions. So unless you have anything worthwhile to contribute that will be all.
From the man who obsesses over a British club.

Celtic are an Irish club.

You seem to have been been triggered by the anglophile comment. Is it Liverpool or Man Utd?
They may have Irish links but they are not an Irish club.  How can they be if they are based in Scotland?  As for your question, unlike you, I support a team in the country where i live!

Can someone explain to me how the football team Celtic FC that was formed in Glasgow Scotland, plays it's home games in Glasgow Scotland in the Scottish Premier League is Irish?

If I'm mistaken in thinking Celtic are Scottish and are actually Irish are Hibernian FC Irish and not Scottish as well?

How much do you know about Celtics history?

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 03:51:06 PM
You're under some pressure today Angelo. Wrong constantly and it absolutely kills you to admit it.

I'm not under any pressure. I do have a cabal of people making loud noises and I'm dismissing them with posts substantiated with facts, parallels and precedent and nothing back likewise.

You were swatted into the ground with facts earlier so now you're resigned to clinging onto the coattails of the next mope who comes and swings and misses. Even a poster like 6thsam who neither likes me or sees eye to eye with me can appreciate I'm back on the money here.

Substantiated with facts. Lol

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:10:59 PM
Was Christie not on loan at Aberdeen for most of time under Rodgers and only really played half a season for him? Has played majority of Celtic career under Lennon?

Played for Celtic in Rodgers last season where he was probably our player of the season. Had done very well at Aberdeen when he was on loan there. Was MOTM in the win over RB Leipzig.

He's a very good player and one of Scotland's key men at present. He has been dreadful for Celtic this season and his performances tailed off since Lennon has taken over much like the rest of our players - McGregor, Forrest, Rogic etc

He only got in the team in late October and Rodgers was gone by February FFS. You're some bluffer, he's played almost entirely for Lennon at Celtic bar a few months altogether.

Christie was off the back of two very good seasons with Aberdeen, had a fantastic season with Celtic in his first season and like every other Celtic players has seen his form and performances gradually decline and continue to do so once Lennon came in and eroded all the standards Rodgers had built at Celtic.

Christie played 6 times for Celtic in his first season. Scored one goal. That's some heavy lifting to describe that as fantastic. He has played the majority of his games for Celtic under Lennon too.

Like all the rest of the Celtic team, his form has fallen off a cliff under Lennon. He had two very successful seasons on loan at Aberdeen as well.

Like Forrest, like McGregor and like Rogic and all the rest. Christie's form has deteriorated under Lennon, rapidly. The common denominator.

You want Celtic to flip players and get taken advantage of by EPL clubs. I want Celtic to  hold onto their best players and when we do sell them we do it on our terms. That's where we differ.

Where have I said I want Celtic to 'flip players'? And get taken advantage of? I don't want us to sell anyone. I want to keep out best players. We differ on Christie.
Define two very successful seasons at Aberdeen. And no come back on your wrong statement about his first season at Celtic?

Again, he's wrong and won't admit it. Facts and precedent. He's wrong and can't admit to it. He's definitely on the spectrum.

tonto1888

I don't mind him ye know. He fights his corner. He's undoubtedly a Celtic fan and wants what's best for the club. He expresses himself poorly at times and invents arguments but sure, who doesn't

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 03:51:06 PM

Substantiated with facts. Lol

Villa have won a European club = fact = big club. He can't even admit to that being wrong. But of course like in every other thread he won't admit to being wrong or concede on any point he makes. He's wound up like f**k writing essays with all these made up 'facts' and arguments he's created in his head.

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:15:06 PM
I don't mind him ye know. He fights his corner. He's undoubtedly a Celtic fan and wants what's best for the club. He expresses himself poorly at times and invents arguments but sure, who doesn't

He's entertaining that's for sure.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:10:59 PM

Think he hit double figures under Rodgers in that season, was MOTM in the win over RB Leipzig, scored the only goal in the League Cup final v Aberdeen. Do you want me to go and trawl back through this thread and see how good a player you thought he was when Rodgers managed Celtic?

tonto1888

So you can't say where I said I want Celtic to flip players. You can't give his stats under Rodgers. You haven't defined what two very successful seasons at Aberdeen were? Grand job.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:38:14 PM
So you can't say where I said I want Celtic to flip players. You can't give his stats under Rodgers. You haven't defined what two very successful seasons at Aberdeen were? Grand job.

Well you are vehemently against Celtic paying their best players what they are worth so if you don't want the club to flip players then why don't you want them to try and keep their best players.

On the other side of the City they have not sold a key player since they came back up, guys like Tavernier, Morelos, Kent, Kamara and Barisic have all remained despite interest elsewhere, meanwhile we have been busy getting rid of all out key men in that time and plugging gaps with loan deals. Biscuit tin mentality.

I told you he scored double figures under Rodgers, in his half a season or whatever, became a regular in the team, man of the match in our best display that season - beating RB Leipzig 2-1 at home in the EL. The only goal in the League Cup final against Aberdeen. Two successful seasons at Aberdeen where we was a consistent regular and one of their key players.

So give me an answer maybe at the 10th time of asking. Why are you so against Celtic offering Edouard a contract at about 3m a year?

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:38:14 PM

Well you are vehemently against Celtic paying their best players what they are worth so if you don't want the club to flip players then why don't you want them to try and keep their best players.

On the other side of the City they have not sold a key player since they came back up, guys like Tavernier, Morelos, Kent, Kamara and Barisic have all remained despite interest elsewhere, meanwhile we have been busy getting rid of all out key men in that time and plugging gaps with loan deals. Biscuit tin mentality.

I told you he scored double figures under Rodgers, in his half a season or whatever, became a regular in the team, man of the match in our best display that season - beating RB Leipzig 2-1 at home in the EL. The only goal in the League Cup final against Aberdeen. Two successful seasons at Aberdeen where we was a consistent regular and one of their key players.

So give me an answer maybe at the 10th time of asking. Why are you so against Celtic offering Edouard a contract at about 3m a year?

I have never said I am against Celtic paying their players. Point out where I said this. Vehemently or otherwise.
I have said I want us to keep our best players. Is this another of example of you just ignoring things which don't fit your argument? And making up other stuff?
How many hols did he score? How many appearances?
Where did I say I was against Celtic offering edouard any sort of contract? Another example of you making stuff up???

How many games did Christie play in his first season at Aberdeen? Are you going to admit you were very wrong about his first season at Celtic being fantastic?

dublin7

:P
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 08, 2021, 03:18:09 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 08, 2021, 01:57:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 08, 2021, 12:49:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 12:15:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 11:47:21 AM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
Celtic don't need this Donegal fella as DoF they have one here that will sort them out very quickly.

Deluded springs to mind if you think those players are worth that. Clubs don't pay that for players from the SPL, too much of a risk and in current climate as well, money not been spent.

And even the dog on the street knows that clubs have to operate in a wage structure. You pay one man £65k a week and you'll have a queue of agents down the hall looking for new contracts and any new signings looking these levels.

By all means, put contracts on table, negotiate and get them adding years to protect value but you can't risk the club on back of potential CL earnings.

I'd have no doubts that Desmond has sounded out new managers but is struggling to get the right man, interest not there at top end to manage a SPL team for 4 old firm games a year.

If they won't they pay then they shouldn't go.

They have no problem paying £40m for players from the English Championship so they should not have any problems paying that for players with European football pedigree.

You once again let your bias for beloved English Premier League cloud your judgement.

Sorry wee Man, you're all over the place, could you rewrite the first line in English, thanks.

You're triggered by criticism of your beloved EPL which you claim not to have an interest in.

You seem to have a bizarre obsession with Celtic.

Have you struggled to even figure what you tried to say yourself? Don't worry about it, reading and writing can be a challenge for some, chin up.

You don't seem to have anything to offer only inane posts when your obsession is outlined. Anglophiles like yourself have deep conflictions. So unless you have anything worthwhile to contribute that will be all.
From the man who obsesses over a British club.

Celtic are an Irish club.

You seem to have been been triggered by the anglophile comment. Is it Liverpool or Man Utd?
They may have Irish links but they are not an Irish club.  How can they be if they are based in Scotland?  As for your question, unlike you, I support a team in the country where i live!

Can someone explain to me how the football team Celtic FC that was formed in Glasgow Scotland, plays it's home games in Glasgow Scotland in the Scottish Premier League is Irish?

If I'm mistaken in thinking Celtic are Scottish and are actually Irish are Hibernian FC Irish and not Scottish as well?

How much do you know about Celtics history?
I know they were founded in Glasgow and even with my limited geography knowledge I know that's in Scotland or the UK. They may have been founded by an Irishman, but that doesn't make them Irish. They are a UK club with links to Ireland, there is a difference.

An Irish club to me is Bohemians or Dundalk for example as they were founded and play in Ireland.

tonto1888

So not a lot. That's all you had to say

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 06:14:32 PM
So not a lot. That's all you had to say

You asked, I answered. If you can give can give me a reasonable explanation as to why the club is Irish and not Scottish please do