The team today
Barkas
Bitton Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Taylor
Christie   Brown  McGregor
Elyounoussi    Ajet

Rogic *  on the subs bench

Targetman

Big improvement today, Hibs came to have a go and that suits us better rather than trying to break down 11 men behind the ball, impressed with Turnball when introduced, would like to see him getting more game time, Ajeti looks sharp just a pity he's picked up an injury, clean sheet a bonus too

Main Street

What happened with Ajeti?  He struck the ball and he got injured? I hope he hasn't a glass leg.

marty34

Quote from: Targetman on September 27, 2020, 07:47:06 PM
Big improvement today, Hibs came to have a go and that suits us better rather than trying to break down 11 men behind the ball, impressed with Turnball when introduced, would like to see him getting more game time, Ajeti looks sharp just a pity he's picked up an injury, clean sheet a bonus too

Is Turnbull Scott Brown's successor?

illdecide

Turnbull could turn out to be a gem for us. A couple of injuries yesterday but def a better performance so things looking a bit better, the Sevco game coming up soon is the game that will tell the tale and it'll soon let us know where we really are. Slippy G will have them fired up and they're playing rightly atm so neither team should have too many excuses...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyroneman

Quote from: marty34 on September 27, 2020, 09:45:33 PM
Quote from: Targetman on September 27, 2020, 07:47:06 PM

Is Turnbull Scott Brown's successor?

No - he's not a DMF.

The hope is that Soro or Connell would take Brown's role, but both have very limited playing time.

Turnbull is a box-to-box player who like a tackle, but not they type to sit and protect the back 4

Angelo

We played well yesterday.

Frimpong was absolutely terrific. Edouard again looked off it when he came on. I'd like to see Griffiths get a start next weekend.

I have to question why Brown starts every single game, we had Turnbull, Soro, Ntcham and Rogic all on the bench yesterday and Christie playing up top yet Brown still started. Soro is nearly at the club 12 months now and nobody knows what he is like as he has barely kicked a ball. We have plenty of midfield options and Brown's spot has to be coming under pressure.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on September 28, 2020, 02:38:29 PM

Frimpong was absolutely terrific. Edouard again looked off it when he came on. I'd like to see Griffiths get a start next weekend.

I have to question why Brown starts every single game, we had Turnbull, Soro, Ntcham and Rogic all on the bench yesterday and Christie playing up top yet Brown still started. Soro is nearly at the club 12 months now and nobody knows what he is like as he has barely kicked a ball. We have plenty of midfield options and Brown's spot has to be coming under pressure.

Brown plays every game when he's fit because he's the leader in the team and the captain. NL will play him when he's fit and i'm sure if he see's him lethargic etc he'll rest him as necessary. That's why imo he plays all the time now that's not too say i agree with that 100% of the time myself as i feel there are certain games where teams will offer no attacking threat whatsoever and maybe another flair player like Rogic should play but at the end of the day NL know's about football than us and that's why he's Celtic manager and not us keyboard warriors...

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on September 28, 2020, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 28, 2020, 02:38:29 PM

Brown plays every game when he's fit because he's the leader in the team and the captain. NL will play him when he's fit and i'm sure if he see's him lethargic etc he'll rest him as necessary. That's why imo he plays all the time now that's not too say i agree with that 100% of the time myself as i feel there are certain games where teams will offer no attacking threat whatsoever and maybe another flair player like Rogic should play but at the end of the day NL know's about football than us and that's why he's Celtic manager and not us keyboard warriors...

That reads like "do not question the leader".

Celtic are not playing well this year, mistakes are being made on the sideline, the European performances have been abysmal. Questions are quite rightly being asked.

Playing a 34 year old in every game (in a congested period) when his form has been iffy and there are plenty of alternative options available is certainly something that is going to raise questions. Form on the pitch should dictate whether a player starts or not, it should not be for sentimental reasons or favouritism.

illdecide

Not at all Angelo or at least that's not how i intended it. What i'm saying is if Brown is fit he'll play as he's Lennon's leader on the pitch and the team captain. I don't think you can question his legs because he's 34, question them surely if he's not putting the yards in but he hasn't showed that yet. He may have been a bit below par in some games but so have a lot of them to be fair.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2020, 11:03:24 AM
Not at all Angelo or at least that's not how i intended it. What i'm saying is if Brown is fit he'll play as he's Lennon's leader on the pitch and the team captain. I don't think you can question his legs because he's 34, question them surely if he's not putting the yards in but he hasn't showed that yet. He may have been a bit below par in some games but so have a lot of them to be fair.

I think your can question his legs, he doesn't move as well as he did years ago and that's largely to do with him being 34. On Sunday we had Ntcham, Rogic, Turnbull and Soro on the bench, Christie playing up front.

Turnbull had yet to make his debut, Soro has barely kicked a ball, Rogic hasn't played this season. Surely it's an ideal opportunity for one of these players to get some minutes and an opportunity in a team that has not been playing all that well. Brown's form hasn't been great, we have plenty of good options available in that team. I don't see how they're going to get an opportunity to force their way in if a manager is selecting a 34 year old game in, game out, during a congested fixture list when his form hasn't been great.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on September 29, 2020, 11:14:06 AM

I think your can question his legs, he doesn't move as well as he did years ago and that's largely to do with him being 34. On Sunday we had Ntcham, Rogic, Turnbull and Soro on the bench, Christie playing up front.

Turnbull had yet to make his debut, Soro has barely kicked a ball, Rogic hasn't played this season. Surely it's an ideal opportunity for one of these players to get some minutes and an opportunity in a team that has not been playing all that well. Brown's form hasn't been great, we have plenty of good options available in that team. I don't see how they're going to get an opportunity to force their way in if a manager is selecting a 34 year old game in, game out, during a congested fixture list when his form hasn't been great.

That's just your opinion, i doubt there's any evidence to back that up. I thought he played rightly on Sunday to be fair to him...Age is only a number, some 34 year olds are done and some are as good as when they were 24.
NL clearly doesn't think Soro can replace Brown or he'd have had more opportunities (he see's him every day in training), Rogic is too injury prone and Ntcham only does it when he feels like it. Again thats only my opinion (& possibly NL's too)

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2020, 01:31:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 29, 2020, 11:14:06 AM

That's just your opinion, i doubt there's any evidence to back that up. I thought he played rightly on Sunday to be fair to him...Age is only a number, some 34 year olds are done and some are as good as when they were 24.
NL clearly doesn't think Soro can replace Brown or he'd have had more opportunities (he see's him every day in training), Rogic is too injury prone and Ntcham only does it when he feels like it. Again thats only my opinion (& possibly NL's too)

That's the problem with Lennon.

He doesn't think players can do better jobs than those in the position who are currently not playing well. Why not actually give Soro a start over a player who is not playing that well and has started every game so far this season?

illdecide

He's clearly seen enough in any game time he's had plus in training every day to say Browns the better option

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2020, 02:46:25 PM
He's clearly seen enough in any game time he's had plus in training every day to say Browns the better option

Or he's just playing favourites.

Surely what happens on the pitch is most important.