?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 27, 2017, 10:42:15 AM
Who played up front for Celtic?

Rogic though for last half hour I think Hayes was going quite central as Rogic dropped back.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Hectic on July 27, 2017, 11:24:41 AM

Rogic though for last half hour I think Hayes was going quite central as Rogic dropped back.
I think Rodgers needs to take responsibility for not having more than two strikers at the club.

Hectic

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 27, 2017, 11:27:07 AM

I think Rodgers needs to take responsibility for not having more than two strikers at the club.

Difficult one when normally play one up top.  Hard keeping the boys he has happy plus Sinclair excellent when playing through the middle last season - not sure why he was not deployed there last night with Hayes on the left.

ned

Quote from: illdecide on July 27, 2017, 08:54:54 AM
Quote from: ned on July 27, 2017, 06:57:00 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 26, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Linfield fans will have the last laugh at Griffiths if Celtic fail to qualify and were left without a recognised striker over 2 legs v Rosenberg!

Griffiths was injured!

Griffith's is carrying a knock but even if he was fit he was suspended for one game for the scarf incident at Windsor Pk, he should be back for next week. If he's not we're in serious trouble, sh!t we're in serious trouble anyway

Suspended or not, he wouldn't have played last night and is an injury doubt for second leg.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Hectic on July 27, 2017, 11:35:24 AM

Difficult one when normally play one up top.  Hard keeping the boys he has happy plus Sinclair excellent when playing through the middle last season - not sure why he was not deployed there last night with Hayes on the left.
True enough but surely there should be a young striker pushing for a place.

ned

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 27, 2017, 02:11:21 PM

Ifs and maybes. We don't have anyone ready to step up as striker. Rogic was next best option. It didn't work. Options for next week are a fit Griffiths (preferred), try Rogic again with a tweak to how the system is then played or another.

Hectic

Quote from: ned on July 27, 2017, 02:40:24 PM

Ifs and maybes. We don't have anyone ready to step up as striker. Rogic was next best option. It didn't work. Options for next week are a fit Griffiths (preferred), try Rogic again with a tweak to how the system is then played or another.

I think he knew Rosenborg would sit in so thought that the false 9 with interchanging would pull the defence around - did not work out.  I think next week if no fit striker might see Sinclair back through the middle with Hayes on the left and Forrest on the right with Rogic playing in the 10 position.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Hectic on July 27, 2017, 03:09:29 PM

I think he knew Rosenborg would sit in so thought that the false 9 with interchanging would pull the defence around - did not work out.  I think next week if no fit striker might see Sinclair back through the middle with Hayes on the left and Forrest on the right with Rogic playing in the 10 position.
I have no issue with him playing  false 9 or any system but if he generally plays a front man then in his preferred formation, then I think it's reasonable to have at least a third choice for that position. Maybe there was someone on the bench for that role?

StGallsGAA

Anyone know how much efforts are being made to sign Roberts or how much City want for him?

ned

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 27, 2017, 03:11:31 PM
Quote from: Hectic on July 27, 2017, 03:09:29 PM

I have no issue with him playing  false 9 or any system but if he generally plays a front man then in his preferred formation, then I think it's reasonable to have at least a third choice for that position. Maybe there was someone on the bench for that role?

Holy eff! We don't have a another first team striker, that is why Rogic was played there. There was no one on the bench, in the squad or hiding in a wee room at Lennoxtown. Sinclair might be the least bad choice as the front man but he still isnt great there.

T Fearon

This is a true test of Brendan's managerial skills,forget about remaining unbeaten by the dross in Scotland.A lot of concerning indications last night.No variation of the useless tactics of getting the full backs forward and pumping balls into a crowded Rosenberg defence.Ntcham and Brown are too similar,neither is creative and Mc Gregor would have been a far better choice than Ntcham.Sinclair is largely ineffective when up against a defender who can match his pace.Tierney has a hell of a lot to learn,and struggled defending against a winger with pace as well.The team didn't seem up for it last night and seemed to lack confidence.I have seen Hayes come on a sub twice against Linfield and again last night.He has not shown one indication that he is up to Celtic standards.

For me last night was inexcusable.Dundalk scored at home and away against Rosenberg,something Celtic never looked like doing anytime last night.

bennydorano

No idea why they bought Hayes either

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2017, 07:16:16 PM
This is a true test of Brendan's managerial skills,forget about remaining unbeaten by the dross in Scotland.A lot of concerning indications last night.No variation of the useless tactics of getting the full backs forward and pumping balls into a crowded Rosenberg defence.Ntcham and Brown are too similar,neither is creative and Mc Gregor would have been a far better choice than Ntcham.Sinclair is largely ineffective when up against a defender who can match his pace.Tierney has a hell of a lot to learn,and struggled defending against a winger with pace as well.The team didn't seem up for it last night and seemed to lack confidence.I have seen Hayes come on a sub twice against Linfield and again last night.He has not shown one indication that he is up to Celtic standards.

For me last night was inexcusable.Dundalk scored at home and away against Rosenberg,something Celtic never looked like doing anytime last night.

Dundalk got beat and out out. One goal could well see us through. Let's wait and see what happens next week eh

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2017, 07:16:16 PM

I'd agree with you on Hayes Tony, mark that one in you diary.

illdecide

Well i kinda agree with Hayes but at the same time i will give him my full support and hope he proves most people wrong.
Looks like L Griffiths is winning his fitness battle for next Wed's game so at least we'll be better set up and hopefully be more of a goal threat and make them a bit more cautious.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch