?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on May 11, 2017, 09:43:52 AM
Basically if he is to move to another club in the same league structure there would be a tribunal set fee whereas if he moves outwith that jurisdiction it is only a development fee that is due.  Read some comments from Rodgers last night that made me think that it was not happening "He's a big talent and it's unfortunate that he's maybe not going to renew his contract at Chelsea because it's a great club but he obviously deems that his future lies elsewhere.' - before that all signs looked good.

Works both ways mind with highly rated Josh Kerr looking like he is on the verge of a move to Brighton under similar terms.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Hectic on May 11, 2017, 10:04:11 AM
Basically if he is to move to another club in the same league structure there would be a tribunal set fee whereas if he moves outwith that jurisdiction it is only a development fee that is due.  Read some comments from Rodgers last night that made me think that it was not happening "He's a big talent and it's unfortunate that he's maybe not going to renew his contract at Chelsea because it's a great club but he obviously deems that his future lies elsewhere.' - before that all signs looked good.

Works both ways mind with highly rated Josh Kerr looking like he is on the verge of a move to Brighton under similar terms.

In England a fee structure has been established in the academy system if another academy wants to acquire a kid from U-10 up to U-21 I believe.

Basically, the receiving academy compensates the "donor" academy for their time developing the player.

My son is U-13 in a Cat 1 academy. He has spend one year with the academy and is now worth 30k to the club. Next year that will go up to 60-70k

However, if Celtic came in for him, they won't have to pay the fee because they are outside the English academy system

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on May 11, 2017, 10:04:11 AM

Thanks for the explanation.
I see here http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/ that it applies to players under the age of 24 who do not accept their club's terms of a new contract.  As long as the contract terms offered  by the (parent) club are deemed reasonable, they're entitled to compensation from the player's new club.

However, if the player wishes to move to a foreign club, then Fifa have a fixed mathematical tarrif to cover that situation, therefore the low transfer compensation fee that Celtic paid for an out of contract Fulham player Dembele. Had Dembele chosen another English club and there was some disagreement over the amount of compensation to be paid to Fulham, then an arbitration process kicks in and they have a great deal of flexibility in deciding on a more rational valuation of the compensation packet. The arbitration committee's valuation can be multiples of the basic Fifa tarrif.

BennyHarp

Mad start of this game - could be about 6-3 by now after 15 mins
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

I think Chris Sutton wanted to give motm to Brown, the rested captain.

clarshack

3-0 up after 11 mins and then switched off. Aberdeen went flat out after that and still came up short.

ned

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 12, 2017, 08:02:21 PM
Mad start of this game - could be about 6-3 by now after 15 mins

Sensational!

StGallsGAA

Going the season unbeaten is some feat.  Hopefully Buck gets a pay rise to fend off the EPL teams who come for him.  Wouldn't mind at all if season book prices had to go up to pay for this.

tonto1888

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 13, 2017, 08:18:03 AM
Going the season unbeaten is some feat.  Hopefully Buck gets a pay rise to fend off the EPL teams who come for him.  Wouldn't mind at all if season book prices had to go up to pay for this.

He has already signed a new contract has he not

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 13, 2017, 09:56:15 AM

Yeah he has.

T Fearon

Going unbeaten some feat? Against Airtricity League type opposition ? Don't make me laugh! As Paddy Power tweeted recently a part time team from Gibraltar gave Celtic more trouble this season than any Scottish team.

Want to give some deserving praise to a Northern Irishman in the SPL this year, try the league's leading scorer Liam Boyce on 22,one more than Sinclair and 5 more than Dembele,yet I doubt he earns one twentieth of their wages

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 13, 2017, 09:56:15 AM

Yes, he's signed a 4 year contract which will take him through to 10 in a row.
Careful now

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 13, 2017, 04:38:21 PM
Going unbeaten some feat? Against Airtricity League type opposition ? Don't make me laugh! As Paddy Power tweeted recently a part time team from Gibraltar gave Celtic more trouble this season than any Scottish team.

Want to give some deserving praise to a Northern Irishman in the SPL this year, try the league's leading scorer Liam Boyce on 22,one more than Sinclair and 5 more than Dembele,yet I doubt he earns one twentieth of their wages
i relent ignore the troll

StGallsGAA

WTF?? If Liam Boyce is paid a 20th of Dembele's wages then he's seriously overpaid.  Sam the Hobbit couldn't hit a barn door since Cliftontonville got rid of him so one fluke season doesn't put him in anyone's bracket!

Aaron Boone

BR's interview post-match told how relieved he was to get out of Pittodrie with a win. 100 points is brill, well done BR.