?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 11:21:56 PM
Done really well? Limping past two teams most people had never heard of? With a £12m pound player on board and a host of internationals? We are playing teams in and around the same quality as Dundalk,we are seeded and with resources beyond the wildest dreams of any of the two teams beaten to date,or any one of the five we could meet in the final round,qualification should be a given

The club needs Champions League group stages at least once every three years,it styles itself as a Champions League club,that is the least that should be expected from Rogers in return for his big salary this and every season.

Shoulda,coulda, woulda doesn't matter one bit. You still have to do it and he as done so. He should never have been left with so little time to prepare but he got it done so well done him. As clarshak said we'd have lost last night with Ronnie. Of course we need the money and of course we should aim high but we are not the big name we once were and that means that its harder to get the right players regardless of the budget. I dont know if Rodgers will be a success but its so far so good for me anyway

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 11:42:21 PM
Possibly but that's why Rogers is there on a huge seven figure salary to avoid calamitous defeats in big games against lesser clubs.

Who wins games?? 7 figure wages or 11 players on the pitch??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

As Donegal seasons in 2010 and 2011 proved the same group of players properly managed can turn things around.

I give Rogers no credit for limping into the last qualifying round and requiring two penalties in the final match to do so.He has had ample time to get his ideas across but there is no evidence of improvement.No wonder Rangers fans are gloating in the hotline columns of the Daily Record,and Hearts will give plenty of trouble this Sunday too.

MoChara

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2016, 12:02:28 AM
As Donegal seasons in 2010 and 2011 proved the same group of players properly managed can turn things around.

I give Rogers no credit for limping into the last qualifying round and requiring two penalties in the final match to do so.He has had ample time to get his ideas across but there is no evidence of improvement.No wonder Rangers fans are gloating in the hotline columns of the Daily Record,and Hearts will give plenty of trouble this Sunday too.

No wonder you're so Pessimistic if you read that shite  :P.

I'm looking forward to the Rodgers era, I've been impressed with him so far, Astanta are near the end of their season that's a massive help compared to Celtic who have a new manager with new ideas and a pile of crooked defenders with only some friendlies behind them.

illdecide

Celtic(SCO) v H. Beer-ShevaH. Beer-Sheva(ISR)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Just about the toughest draw available.Now lets see Brendan prove he is a top manager.

under the bar

Why would they be tougher than Zagreb or Copenhagen?

JohnDenver

Quote from: illdecide on August 04, 2016, 01:01:03 PM
Who is in the play-off draw?
Champions route:
Seeded
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) coefficient 44.585
FC Salzburg (AUT) 42.520
Celtic (SCO) 40.460
APOEL (CYP) 35.935
Legia Warszawa (POL) 28.000

Unseeded
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) 25.775
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) 25.625
FC København (DEN) 24.720
Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) 4.725
Dundalk (IRL) 2.590

These teams will be drawn against each other...Seeded v Unseeded. This is the League Champions group.

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2016, 11:11:40 AM
Just about the toughest draw available.Now lets see Brendan prove he is a top manager.

The coefficients would suggest otherwise el tone...

clarshack

surely zagreb, ludogorets or copenhagen would have been tougher? it's a good draw for celtic but the israelis are no mugs though as they knocked out olympiacos in the last round.

illdecide

Seen this on Facebook...Tony whats your defence :) :) :)

4000 Armagh Fans Duped Into Buying Tickets For Nally Stand In Carrickmore
AUG 2
Posted by Gombeen
Armagh fans wait patiently in vain
Armagh fans wait patiently in vain

Thousands of expectant Armagh supporters were said to be beyond anger after it emerged a Carrickmore entrepreneur sold 4000 tickets to Orchard fans for the Nally Stand which now resides at the Carrickmore GAA ground.

Armagh, who hadn't appeared in Croke Park in decades, panic bought tickets at the last minute from a man in a green and yellow jersey, promising them 'deadly views of the field' and brilliant parking for the game against Meath earlier.

Armagh fanatic and Portadown native Anthony Fearon found it hard to put his anger into words:

"I just can't believe it. My satnav told me to follow this route north to Carrickmore even though I was fairly sure Croke Park wasn't that direction but we hadn't been there in years. The wife and I even ate sandwiches from the boot in Pomeroy. The penny really should have dropped."

The Nally Stand was bought by the Carrickmore club almost ten years ago but had been operating at a loss until this weekend.

Carrickmore PR Yash McCallan admitted:

"It was some coup. We had 4000 Armagh fans packed into the stand at 3:30pm generating us some £80'000 income. The majority of them hadn't been born the last time they played in Croke Park so it was a fairly expectant crowd. We sort of felt bad and put on an U16 ladies game between Greencastle and Kildress."

Meanwhile, Fearon admitted that the journey wasn't wasted as he vowed he'd be back in mid Tyrone to taste again the delicious scones provided at half time by Conor Gormley.

Armagh won.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Antrim Coaster

imtommygunn

Spoken like a true fan ::)

So do you want a win or a loss?

T Fearon

I want to see our manager do the job he is his paid to do
Deliver results

AZOffaly

But so far he has done what is required. But you're not happy because it's 'not convincing'. You have some sense of entitlement, and are certainly not a ''supporter'.

Applesisapples

Guys, let Tony talk shite if he wants to. Rogers has done what has been asked thus far. In fairness he is just in the door. The squad needs new players. As many have pointed out they are hardly english premier league quality and look how well those teams have done in Europe. If Rogers makes the CL group stages and then the EL, wins the Scots Premiership and a domestic cup it will be a good year, thats being a realistic Celtic fan.