The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 25, 2020, 04:56:40 PM
Coronavirus could throw a massive spanner into all this.

Posted in other thread - KA flight attendant on an A380 into LA has come down with the virus.

Assuming that its broke out and loose in the US - then the healthcare system is about to come under massive pressure. The sitting president (rightly or wrongly) gets undue blame for current affairs. Donald wanted to dismantle Obamacare and Bernie is a strong campaigner on healthcare.

Could be the storm that break's The Donald's back.
take a look at what are common diseases in Guatemala and see what u think,  but there should be a revolving door at the border according to eamon j70 and his fellow Democrats

J70

Quote from: Gmac on February 25, 2020, 06:26:59 PM

Posted in other thread - KA flight attendant on an A380 into LA has come down with the virus.

Assuming that its broke out and loose in the US - then the healthcare system is about to come under massive pressure. The sitting president (rightly or wrongly) gets undue blame for current affairs. Donald wanted to dismantle Obamacare and Bernie is a strong campaigner on healthcare.

take a look at what are common diseases in Guatemala and see what u think,  but there should be a revolving door at the border according to eamon j70 and his fellow Democrats

Please point out where I have said anything resembling that.

RadioGAAGAA

Only an imbecile would be unable to grasp there is a vast swath of grey between a closed border and an open border.

Did you realise that by making it solely a civil, rather than also criminal offence - the US borderland security could more quickly remove illegals from US soil?

Doubt Fox News told you that.

What Castro is referring to is Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, which stipulates that anyone caught crossing the border illegally is to be tried before a judge and fined, imprisoned for up to two years, or both. At no point does it provide for deportation. Deportation is the penalty for the civil offense of illegal immigration. The criminal offense outlined in Section 1325 simply puts illegal immigrants through the criminal justice system and imprisons them for up to two years.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 25, 2020, 06:42:31 PM

Only an imbecile would be unable to grasp there is a vast swath of grey between a closed border and an open border.

Did you realise that by making it solely a civil, rather than also criminal offence - the US borderland security could more quickly remove illegals from US soil?

Doubt Fox News told you that.

What Castro is referring to is Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, which stipulates that anyone caught crossing the border illegally is to be tried before a judge and fined, imprisoned for up to two years, or both. At no point does it provide for deportation. Deportation is the penalty for the civil offense of illegal immigration. The criminal offense outlined in Section 1325 simply puts illegal immigrants through the criminal justice system and imprisons them for up to two years.
if u  cross border and surrender to border patrol u are released in the us and are given a court date to show up to court and plea your case (10% of people show up)for amnesty , if you enter illegally and are caught u are locked up and deported which is proper order , only a sick imbecile would be hoping the corona virus would be the reason a president lost an election.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on February 25, 2020, 06:08:15 PM

So now according to Eamonn, Jeh Johnson.....President Obama's head of Homeland Security......is repeating Fox News/Republican Party talking points on immigration-LOL

"Open borders" is a Fox News talking point that they repeat like a mantra, in the same way that they use the word "liberal" as a term of abuse, in the hope that people will think there's something wrong with open borders without having any idea why"

Maybe Eamonn doesn't realize, but the election is decided by SWING VOTERS. Open Borders will cost the The Democrats dearly at the ballot box if they run in this

Dems are not running on an "open borders" platform. North America is a long way off achieving the level of integration that the EU has.

People who say Bernie is for "open borders" are the same people who seem to think that medicare for all = communism.

Eamonnca1

Oh and the Dow just dropped 1000 points today. I wonder if this could be the equivalent of the 2008 financial crisis that helped Obama to his victory.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 25, 2020, 06:53:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 25, 2020, 06:08:15 PM

So now according to Eamonn, Jeh Johnson.....President Obama's head of Homeland Security......is repeating Fox News/Republican Party talking points on immigration-LOL

"Open borders" is a Fox News talking point that they repeat like a mantra, in the same way that they use the word "liberal" as a term of abuse, in the hope that people will think there's something wrong with open borders without having any idea why"

Maybe Eamonn doesn't realize, but the election is decided by SWING VOTERS. Open Borders will cost the The Democrats dearly at the ballot box if they run in this

Dems are not running on an "open borders" platform. North America is a long way off achieving the level of integration that the EU has.

People who say Bernie is for "open borders" are the same people who seem to think that medicare for all = communism.

Okay....believe whatever you want, but that's what they'll be painted with come November.....mark my words

I've already quoted Jeh Johnson for you.......here's Claire McCaskill if you need further evidence (@ 1.00)

https://youtu.be/XXIuzVnD0uA

J70

Let's hope the Dems don't use the coronavirus against Trump, unless of course deserved.

One wonders what kind of comments the man himself made in the lead up to the 2014 midterms when the GOP were trying to scare the living f**k out of everyone about Ebola and Obama's response.

J70

Whitey, I don't think any of us are under any illusions about how Trump, his GOP lapdogs, Fox News, Limbaugh, Putin and the rest will try to paint the Dems this year!

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 25, 2020, 07:07:26 PM
Whitey, I don't think any of us are under any illusions about how Trump, his GOP lapdogs, Fox News, Limbaugh, Putin and the rest will try to paint the Dems this year!

You forget to add  Jeh Johnson and Claire McCaskill to your list

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on February 25, 2020, 06:52:10 PM
if u  cross border and surrender to border patrol u are released in the us and are given a court date to show up to court and plea your case (10% of people show up)for amnesty , if you enter illegally and are caught u are locked up and deported which is proper order , only a sick imbecile would be hoping the corona virus would be the reason a president lost an election.

If "u" could read - you'd clearly have seen that deporting the person has nothing to do with it being a criminal offence. That was the very thing I was drawing attention to in the post you quoted - but it obviously still sailed right over your head.
It would be a lot less expensive if the US justice system could immediately deport the illegal immigrant rather than have to house them in a jail (at considerable expense) for a period of up to 2 years.

What is your reasoning for keeping it a criminal offence rather than restricting it solely to a civil offence? [Note that I don't believe its possible to commit a crime and not be subject to penitentiary punishment - particularly in lieu of fiscal punishment - in the US justice system - thus I don't believe deportation can be an option for a criminal offence where the offender cannot pay a fine]

Furthermore - where did I ever say or hint at being hopeful the virus would be a reason for The Donald to lose the election? It was an observation that it may influence the election, no more, no less.

i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 25, 2020, 08:49:55 PM

If "u" could read - you'd clearly have seen that deporting the person has nothing to do with it being a criminal offence. That was the very thing I was drawing attention to in the post you quoted - but it obviously still sailed right over your head.
It would be a lot less expensive if the US justice system could immediately deport the illegal immigrant rather than have to house them in a jail (at considerable expense) for a period of up to 2 years.

What is your reasoning for keeping it a criminal offence rather than restricting it solely to a civil offence? [Note that I don't believe its possible to commit a crime and not be subject to penitentiary punishment - particularly in lieu of fiscal punishment - in the US justice system - thus I don't believe deportation can be an option for a criminal offence where the offender cannot pay a fine]

Furthermore - where did I ever say or hint at being hopeful the virus would be a reason for The Donald to lose the election? It was an observation that it may influence the election, no more, no less.

I'm not an immigration attorney but here's what Jeh Johnson had to say in the matter

"when we talk about deprioritizing the deportation of those apprehended at the border or decriminalizing illegal immigration ... That just simply incentives more illegal immigration."

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 25, 2020, 08:49:55 PM

deport them to where Mexico so they can try cross the border next day ? Or should they be all flown back to their place of origin how much would that cost and how many times would it be done ? not everyone crossing the border from Mexico is a Mexican, should the people from El Salvador be deported to Mexico or El Salvador .would the government not need to hold them for a while to determine who they are and check if they are wanted in any states or their county of origin ?
My original point was is Bernie worried about the diseases coming across our southern border everyday disease that have been eradicated in the us for decades .

Eamonnca1

New drinking game: take a shot every time Whitey says "Jeh Johnson"

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 25, 2020, 10:19:40 PM
New drinking game: take a shot every time Whitey says "Jeh Johnson"

Please do.....you might make more sense than what you're currently making