Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: screenexile on May 08, 2017, 02:13:47 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 08, 2017, 11:51:27 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2017, 10:44:05 AM
I normally like Joe's articles but this is straight out of the Dubs pre match preparation by planting seeds in officials heads prior to us thumping them in c'ship.

No matter what you do Joe it wont change the outcome.

I genuinely believe that we will beat them easy enough even with a player or 2 lined

Youse are getting turned over at CP.

Brannigan and Fuzzy logic hear should be on the Brolly PR payroll. You keep us all well informed of all things Brollyesque

;D
Course we are

The 1/4 is a very good price for us.
CP hasnt been a fortress in years. If it was in Omagh we would be 1/6 minimum

If the game was fixed for Omagh it likely wouldn't be played it's a shithole!!

Most likely a shower beforehand would have the game called off.

Fuzzman

Seany, I certainly didn't mean that he's trying to discredit Tyrone to give Derry a chance. Derry at home to Tyrone always have a chance as they've shown before over the years.

No, what I'm saying is that I've heard and seen Brolly lots of times at different functions and he never lets an opportunity go without bad mouthing Tyrone. He often plays to his audience to flatter them and make them laugh but it nearly always comes back to bad mouthing Tyrone. This is a Tyrone team that has not been at the top table for 8 or 9 years now. He's like a dog with a bone and the last number of months he's attacked Harte and his style of play at numerous times yet you never hear him talk about Monaghan or Donegal that much.

Everybody else was saying how they thought Tyrone would be the team that could give the Dubs the most problems but most Tyrone posters were under no illusions we've not beaten a top 3 or 4 team since 2008.
Winning Ulster was a massive challenge last year and it will probably be tougher this year, yet Joe is doing all he can to paint Tyrone as the causes of everything bad in GAA.

I think it's actually hilarious that he picked Armagh and Meath as two teams who have fell victim to Tyrone the most that he had to pick out examples of why they won't be sending us Christmas cards.
They are probably the two teams that have "roughened up" others the most over the years (sorry Joe would say wore teams down). I'd say Marsden is cringing reading that and no doubt will be another Armagh wanting to have a pop at Joe.

I just get the feeling Joe likes to add on a lot to a story to get the desired affect. I wonder how many times now he's used Dr Hickey now to try to get some weight in behind his crazy stories. I'd say Joe is looking forward to the summer where he can hit the headlines again with more controversy and stories about who he met and where.

seafoid

I was looking at the board to see how many pages there are in the discussion about  Pat Spillane -4. 
Brolly has 227.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Stallion

Seems to be a few peoole here devoting significant time towards telling people not to give Brolly attention. Resulting in him getting increased attention. Great work lads lol.

BennyHarp

I saw this at first hand after Tyrone had systematically dragged down Meath in the last quarter of their last 16 game in 2013. Afterwards I went into the tunnel in Croke Park and the Meath team and management were standing in a group, seething with rage. They were not going into the players' lounge to share a drink with the Tyrone men. Not then. Not ever. They were sickened.

I wonder how Big Art and Eugene felt in 96? Back in the day when stamping and late tackling was the order of the day. Forgive me if I have little sympathy for a Meath team facing a little bit of underhand tactics.
That was never a square ball!!

Taylor

Who really gives a toss if players wont drink with the other team?

Its all about winning - would rather have the medal tucked in the pocket than drink with lads I didnt know or even less care about.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2017, 04:00:13 PM
Who really gives a toss if players wont drink with the other team?

Its all about winning - would rather have the medal tucked in the pocket than drink with lads I didnt know or even less care about.

So Joe is spot on.

The Stallion

Its that win at any cost mentality which has been a major factor in the current situation where most GAA matches are awful to watch.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 08, 2017, 03:41:18 PM
I saw this at first hand after Tyrone had systematically dragged down Meath in the last quarter of their last 16 game in 2013. Afterwards I went into the tunnel in Croke Park and the Meath team and management were standing in a group, seething with rage. They were not going into the players' lounge to share a drink with the Tyrone men. Not then. Not ever. They were sickened.

I wonder how Big Art and Eugene felt in 96? Back in the day when stamping and late tackling was the order of the day. Forgive me if I have little sympathy for a Meath team facing a little bit of underhand tactics.

Ah the romance of football of yester year! When cynical play was not premeditated but more orchestrated! And that made it ok!

Itchy

They were mad that someone was more dirty and cynical than them for a change. I like Brolly but trying to make people feel sorry for that Meath team is a stretch for even Joes powers !

Owen Brannigan

Brannigan and Fuzzy logic hear should be on the Brolly PR payroll. You keep us all well informed of all things Brollyesque

Boss said to get this link posted this evening, so here is today's sermon:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-it-was-an-illustration-of-how-bittersweet-life-is-the-kid-just-wants-to-live-35712500.html

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on May 08, 2017, 07:40:30 PM

They were mad that someone was more dirty and cynical than them for a change. I like Brolly but trying to make people feel sorry for that Meath team is a stretch for even Joes powers !
When it comes to Tyrone, Joe's on a mission, a mission of honour and righteousness. Joe's at his finest when it comes to Tyrone.
Long live Joe while he takes the píss out of anything Tyrone, for it is then that Joe speaks with true love for the game and denial of all that is dark. 

Owen Brannigan

Boss said to get this link posted today because he had got an extra few column inches in the Indo today for a championship preview. Yawn ::)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-you-are-deluded-if-you-think-any-weaker-county-can-upset-the-status-quo-in-any-province-35715247.html

Fuzzman

Good work agent Brannigan.

Joe's articles are getting a big boring, boring, boring.

Last year's game between Derry and Tyrone ended 0.12 to 3.14.
Not a bad total scored for a team that had never won at that venue before and hardly a defensive bore
I'd say he's bored watching Derry lose.

Catch and Kick

Sickening disrespectful article by Brolly today. No surprise though in that rag. The Sunday Indo had no coverage of the Championship last weekend but gave a full page in the sports section to 'Rory's Stories', half page to gambling another to Joe... insightful GAA coverage in the Indo stable is non existent.