Water Charges. How much?

Started by Denn Forever, May 14, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I presume they'll get into bother with the EU/ECB when the proposed budget is sent in for approval if it doesn't include an income from public water charges??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Can anyone tell me what criteria are used by Bord Uisce to determine the amount to be charged to households that have signed up?
The water used is not being metered at present so what considerations are taken into account?
Two of my neighbours are elderly men and each lives on his own. 
One got a bill for €4.64 and the other in very similar circumstances got a bill for €19.94. I have heard of another, younger person who lives alone and got billed for € 35 plus.
I know there should be a logical explanation for those wildly varying amounts but I ca n't figure out what it is.
Anyone?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Was it a standard Max amount of €160 or 260 but if your metered use was less you got billed for that amount??

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on May 06, 2016, 12:18:25 PM
Was it a standard Max amount of €160 or 260 but if your metered use was less you got billed for that amount??
But it's not being metered Ross and that's what puzzles me.

armaghniac

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 06, 2016, 11:21:38 AM
Can anyone tell me what criteria are used by Bord Uisce to determine the amount to be charged to households that have signed up?
The water used is not being metered at present so what considerations are taken into account?
One got a bill for €4.64 and the other in very similar circumstances got a bill for €19.94. I have heard of another, younger person who lives alone and got billed for € 35 plus.
I know there should be a logical explanation for those wildly varying amounts but I ca n't figure out what it is.
Anyone?

Are you sure it is not being metered? Quite a few meters have been installed at this stage.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lar Naparka

Quote from: armaghniac on May 06, 2016, 03:54:45 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 06, 2016, 11:21:38 AM
Anyone?

Are you sure it is not being metered? Quite a few meters have been installed at this stage.

That's what we were told by a govt. spokesman (can't recall which minster) when the original charges were set aside.  Besides, there are areas, in North Dublin at any rate, where the meters have been removed by  an anti-water charge element. I've seen a photo of 70/80 units that were ripped out, before they were destroyed. I was also assured that there were other areas where the the same thing has been done. This is an organised gang who will move in if the householder is willing and they can rip it out in a matter of minutes. Surely if that amount of units are not functioning, the water board would have taken action by now.

muppet

The FF-PD-Green Government, the one that signed us up to the Troika deal and committed us to water charges, originally wanted to charge households €500 for water.

Now FF wants credit for suspending the €260 water charge, while leaving everything completely up in the air.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Ya couldn't make it up Mup. ::)
Anyway we have your man back as Taoiseach again.
How long can it last?

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on May 06, 2016, 06:23:19 PM
Ya couldn't make it up Mup. ::)
Anyway we have your man back as Taoiseach again.
How long can it last?

Not long I'd say.

Shane Ross has Transport.  ;D

Imagine him meeting what he has called The Beards' for decades to discuss the Luas strike?
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

So, have been living away for a few years but had noticed chat about refunds being issued for Irish Water bills that were paid.

The charges weren't in that long before I left, so my water grant payment ended up covering the total charges that I paid. I'm now led to understand that all paid charges will be refunded and they're not seeking to recoup the grant. Is this correct?

What a complete farce at the end of it all. What was does this leave Irish Water due the future?

Rossfan

Meanwhile me and maybe half a million other households have to pay for our water and also pay the same rates of tax as the "Free" water crowd.
What about our rights to "Free" water Ogle, Boyd Barrett, Murphy, Coppinger and all the other hoors?
Biggest farce of all was giving €100 to fckrs who didn't pay anything.

magpie seanie

Enjoy your refunds lads, any of ye that were stupid enough to pay. There's no need to thank the thousands of us that stood up for what is right, just get up off your arses the next time yourselves.

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 15, 2017, 04:13:11 PM
Enjoy your refunds lads, any of ye that were stupid enough to pay. There's no need to thank the thousands of us that stood up for what is right, just get up off your arses the next time yourselves.
I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up before, but would you suggest a similar protest against the LPT?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 15, 2017, 04:17:37 PM
I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up before, but would you suggest a similar protest against the LPT?

Even more so. At least if you're forced to pay for water you (usually) get the actual water. You get nothing for the LPT.

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 15, 2017, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 15, 2017, 04:17:37 PM

Even more so. At least if you're forced to pay for water you (usually) get the actual water. You get nothing for the LPT.
Well at least you're consistent. Why do you think the left wing groups didn't raise this issue as they did the water? Could it be because many of their voters aren't home owners and so don't get hit with the tax?