RTE 2 HD launching today on Sky

Started by Minder, May 14, 2012, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Should be on the programme guide north and south today.

Anyone know if it is on yet?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

About time, when watching sport on RTE it seems like the quality of their channels has got worse, maybe I am just used to HD.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Well, it's not listed on my Sky App. Maybe just the south.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on May 14, 2012, 11:00:43 AM

Supposed to be north and south later today. Are you talking about the remote record app? I doubt it will add it automatically, probably need an update.

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on May 14, 2012, 11:05:37 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 14, 2012, 11:00:43 AM

Supposed to be north and south later today. Are you talking about the remote record app? I doubt it will add it automatically, probably need an update.

Yeah, the remote record. I've seen other channels added, that didn't require the app to be updated. Just shut down properly and restarted.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

I had it tuned in last week when they were testing it. Was very good. Not quite as good picture quality as BBC HD but still very good.

I thought you had to be subscribed to Sky's HD package to receive it from now on though? As much as I love BBC HD which is free I'm not sure I can justify paying €15 extra a month for the full HD package. Although it's tempting.

Gazzler

Is the RTE HD on Saorview any good?
Was thinking of buying a Saorview ready TV for the Euros.

Hardy

What makes one HD broadcast better than another? Are they not all working to the same spec as regards definition/resolution?

Hardy

Thanks Fionntamhnach. We always learn by asking people who know what they're talking about.

I didn't realise the different broadcasters were using different bit rates and different versions of MPEG, but I suppose it makes more sense that they would than that they wouldn't if there's no imperative for conformity.

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on May 14, 2012, 06:28:22 PM
Thanks Fionntamhnach. We always learn by asking people who know what they're talking about.

I didn't realise the different broadcasters were using different bit rates and different versions of MPEG, but I suppose it makes more sense that they would than that they wouldn't if there's no imperative for conformity.

It can be a real shot in the dark on here.

Minder

Is it on the programme guide yet?

AZOffaly

Minder

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

Never mind, looks like it's 102 down Mexico way. 294 is the SD version.