Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Fair play to the lad. His move to the Ingle gym seems to have reinvigorated his career.  Looks to be seriously motivated. Unlikely he will get the GGG fight he wants just yet though. Jacobs next would be a nice fight.

gallsman

Yeah he doesn't really want the GGG fight though, does he?

Don Johnson

Warren says Donaire is a 'done deal' for Carl's next fight then.

The Gs Man

Odyssey booked and all April 18th
Keep 'er lit

Gabriel_Hurl

Syferus

Should be an excellent fight.

GetOverTheBar

Frampton opening up as a huge favourite on this one, just seen 1/6.

Would you think he's as nailed on for the win as that?

Syferus

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 09, 2018, 04:10:26 PM

Donaire is past his best but his best was so good he has a long fall to reach even being an ordinary fighter. At home Frampton should work him but it could easily end up a fight of the year candidate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 09, 2018, 04:10:26 PM

Thats a crazy price, 1/2 would be a better price, based on last fight and how this guy is a better  fighter (in my opinion) than the last opponent.. While not as explosive as he used to be he has a dangerous left hook!! be a good fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I wouldn't be surprised if Donaire beat him!

nrico2006

Frampton has went backward.  Should have went for a highly-rated trainer at least, promoter aside.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 10, 2018, 09:48:41 AM
Frampton has went backward.  Should have went for a highly-rated trainer at least, promoter aside.

I think thats the only way you go when you reach the summit, 5 fights to achieve something and generate a nest egg then retire..

The fight fans will come out and should he get a Windsor park fight that would cover him comfortably, he'll be 31 very soon, so not to many years left to make another impact
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2018, 10:07:27 AM

I think thats the only way you go when you reach the summit, 5 fights to achieve something and generate a nest egg then retire..

The fight fans will come out and should he get a Windsor park fight that would cover him comfortably, he'll be 31 very soon, so not to many years left to make another impact

No reason why he shouldn't be able to stay at the summit but for some reason (most likely financially motivated) he has went for a trainer with basically no experience and a promoter who is not top drawer either.  He isn't that old, hasn't had a load of fights and should be aiming for the big fights but recently the calibre of opponent has been a let down. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Don Johnson

Amir Khan has signed a three fight deal with Hearn and his next fight is the same night as Framptons . Interesting move from Eddie!

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 10, 2018, 10:59:16 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2018, 10:07:27 AM

No reason why he shouldn't be able to stay at the summit but for some reason (most likely financially motivated) he has went for a trainer with basically no experience and a promoter who is not top drawer either.  He isn't that old, hasn't had a load of fights and should be aiming for the big fights but recently the calibre of opponent has been a let down.

There's no let down in getting a fighter like Donaire in Belfast. Probably the best fight on paper that has ever been staged in Ireland.