Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

give her dixie

What a moment, what a revolution, what a monster Mubarak was, what joy in Egypt, what a difference this is going to make, what a future.....

I'm absolutely delighted, and fair play to the Egyptians. They stood tall for 18 days after having been brutalised for 30 years by Mubarak. They deserve this day, and lets hope it's the dawn of a new era not only in Egypt, but across the middle east.

The people need to decide who runs their country, not dictators.

Viva Revolution, Viva Egypt......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Hardy

I wouldn't hold my breath. How many revolutions in history can we say actually delivered what they promised? If history is anything to go by, this will just be the replacement of one oppressive regime with another. The strongest/most ruthless group/individual will come to the fore and the people will continue to get it in the neck as usual.

Sorry for the pessimism.

Hardy

To compensate for my downbeat post above - evolution of Tahrir Square head armour:
(No. 7 is my winner, far and away).

Minder

He has probably had to charter a Jumbo jet to take the dough and gold with him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2011, 03:30:03 PM
Stew

There is no need for hasbara on this site. The Golan belongs to Syria. Israel can't be a sparta forever. It can't run apartheid in the West Bank forever either.  Imagine England clearing every catholic out of County Armagh on some bollocks about security. That is what Israel did in the Golan.

I dont agree with israel and they way they have treated the palestinians, they have wil short memories imho.

Syria, along with Egypt and Jordan attacked israel and when you do that, you tend to lose property and land when you lose the war, they attacked the Israelis and got the living shit kicked out of them in less than a week.

I deplore what they are doing to the palestinians and what the Arabs are trying to do to them and the whole region is fcuked up and has been for practicially ever.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

give her dixie

Stew, in the 6 day war in 1967, Israel started the war by attacking Egypt. Check it out if you don't believe me.

Secondly, under international law, a nation can't steal another nations land, and occupy said land. Thus, the land stole in the '67 war by Israel is illegal.

Stew, what if someone came and marked off half of your property by force, and set up shop and occupy it? What would you do?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2011, 05:26:20 PM
Stew

There is no need for hasbara on this site. The Golan belongs to Syria. Israel can't be a sparta forever. It can't run apartheid in the West Bank forever either.  Imagine England clearing every catholic out of County Armagh on some bollocks about security. That is what Israel did in the Golan.

I dont agree with israel and they way they have treated the palestinians, they have wil short memories imho.

Syria, along with Egypt and Jordan attacked israel and when you do that, you tend to lose property and land when you lose the war, they attacked the Israelis and got the living shit kicked out of them in less than a week.

I deplore what they are doing to the palestinians and what the Arabs are trying to do to them and the whole region is fcuked up and has been for practicially ever.

That's bollocks Stew. the middle East was where all of Spain's unwanted Jews found refuge after 1492, Europe didn't want them.
the region could be a superpower today. Israel and oil are the reasons it isn't. Israel doesn't belong in the Middle East.

Israel just lost its most important ally in the region and is now down to Jordan.
First thing to go hopefully will be the deal that has Egypt sell $14bn worth of gas to Israel for $2bn.
Second will be the inhuman siege of Gaza
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: seafoid on February 11, 2011, 05:53:53 PM
That's bollocks Stew. the middle East was where all of Spain's unwanted Jews found refuge after 1492, Europe didn't want them.
the region could be a superpower today. Israel and oil are the reasons it isn't. Israel doesn't belong in the Middle East.
What was the lineage of those Spanish Jews?

theskull1

Mubarak and his family/minions will have used this intervening period to make sure they've got most of their spoils offshore. The media circus would have just been the smokescreen to the important task of getting their wealth to a safe place (if it wasn't already). Is there any chance the American regimes will try and cliam now they are a friend of "the people" NOW they have spoken? 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: give her dixie on February 11, 2011, 05:35:34 PM
Stew, what if someone came and marked off half of your property by force, and set up shop and occupy it? What would you do?

Do you really need to ask that question GHD?  :)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

seafoid

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 11, 2011, 06:03:44 PM
What was the lineage of those Spanish Jews?

I think most of them must have arrived with the Arab conquest so they would have been Eastern Jews but it's not very easy to link them back to the biblical Jews because most of those.. became Palestinians. The Ashkenazi Jews who lived in Poland and russia are probably linked to an old Black Sea kingdom called Khazaria. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

andoireabu

Is he away or is he holding on to September?

Israel just lost its most important ally in the region and is now down to Jordan.
First thing to go hopefully will be the deal that has Egypt sell $14bn worth of gas to Israel for $2bn.

Those in that order are the reason the world is the shape it is imo.  Money first, then the ordinary people
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Puckoon

Quote from: give her dixie on February 11, 2011, 05:35:34 PM
Stew, in the 6 day war in 1967, Israel started the war by attacking Egypt. Check it out if you don't believe me.

An alternate view is that the closure of the straits to Israeli shipping by Jordan at the end of May, and the invitation for Iraqi troops to form ranks in Jordan, The expuslion of the United Nations peace keeping force (all acts of impending agression) - could be determined to be (and were determined to be by Israel) - the intitian of war by the arab nations on Israel. It's no secret that there is reference to both Egypt and Israel as either the agressors or defenders of the 6 day war. It all depends on the agenda of who presents the facts.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2011, 05:26:20 PM
Stew

jesus, no wonder the place is f**ked up with simplistic western idiots like you sticking your nose in an pronouncing who does and does not belong in a certain area.