Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on January 10, 2018, 12:01:32 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 10, 2018, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: stew on January 09, 2018, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 07:40:51 PM
Always liked Lingard. Hopefully he can maintain this form. He has an awful lot of big goals in his young career. Kudos to LVG for giving him his chance when no one else thought he was going to make it.

I'm laying off the Mourinho comments (trying to anyway). I don't want to annoy people (Boycey for example) so I'll stop.....I think my position is fairly clear.

Yeovil away in the FA Cup.

Pile on that kn**ker Seanie, he is unfit to manage United, Bobby Charlton was right all along, no new contract for that w**ker, show him the door, he is way past his sell by date and is the most miserable multi millionaire I have ever encountered!

Quite ironic you mention Bobby Charlton, he's certainly more miserable than Mourinho.

He is a top three United player of all time and he was in the Munich Air Disaster were he lost a lot of his best friends, I can understand his demeanor to a point.

Mourinho is some way off equaling some of Fergie's antics.

Ferguson is the best there ever was at what he does, Mourinho is nowhere near that class.

There's plenty of reds out there who remain disappointed by Fergie and his refusal to say a bad word against our owners. Could have walked away from the club and told the truth but his greed gets the better of him and has stayed on earning millions in his ambassador role.

Who are you to say what Ferguson should have done, he knows these people! You know, the people who have pumped hundreds and hundreds of millions into MUFC and in the Mourinho era they have come nowhere winning the league, won a Europa cup and league cump for their effrts. How much  of their money is enough to satisfy United fans? If it is the debt they have added, that is negated by the fact they are worth a couple of billion more now if they were to sell today than when they took over, the debt has been pared somewhat and still you bitch about the big bad Glazers.

I'd say the Glazers haven't put too much of their own money into Utd and that includes transfers as well.

Utd are one of the biggest standalone earners in sport, they don't need the sugar daddies which is just as well as the Glazers aren't coughing up out of their own pockets like the Sheiks and Russians Oligarchs.

Maroon Manc

Always liked Lingard. Hopefully he can maintain this form. He has an awful lot of big goals in his young career. Kudos to LVG for giving him his chance when no one else thought he was going to make it.

I'm laying off the Mourinho comments (trying to anyway). I don't want to annoy people (Boycey for example) so I'll stop.....I think my position is fairly clear.

Pile on that kn**ker Seanie, he is unfit to manage United, Bobby Charlton was right all along, no new contract for that w**ker, show him the door, he is way past his sell by date and is the most miserable multi millionaire I have ever encountered!

Quite ironic you mention Bobby Charlton, he's certainly more miserable than Mourinho.

He is a top three United player of all time and he was in the Munich Air Disaster were he lost a lot of his best friends, I can understand his demeanor to a point.

Ferguson is the best there ever was at what he does, Mourinho is nowhere near that class.

There's plenty of reds out there who remain disappointed by Fergie and his refusal to say a bad word against our owners. Could have walked away from the club and told the truth but his greed gets the better of him and has stayed on earning millions in his ambassador role.

Who are you to say what Ferguson should have done, he knows these people! You know, the people who have pumped hundreds and hundreds of millions into MUFC and in the Mourinho era they have come nowhere winning the league, won a Europa cup and league cump for their effrts. How much  of their money is enough to satisfy United fans? If it is the debt they have added, that is negated by the fact they are worth a couple of billion more now if they were to sell today than when they took over, the debt has been pared somewhat and still you bitch about the big bad Glazers.

You show you ignorance by claiming the Glazers have pumped millions into the club and by neglecting the affect their penny pinching has had on the club and the knock on affect that has had since Fergie left. All our best players were sold or got old and weren't replaced. Its clear to see in the accounts what went on a huge % of the clubs revenue went on interest and finance payments.

As for Fergie he's not beyond criticism, threatening to sue a huge shareholder in the club been a particular highlight.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 10, 2018, 01:28:38 PM

You show you ignorance by claiming the Glazers have pumped millions into the club and by neglecting the affect their penny pinching has had on the club and the knock on affect that has had since Fergie left. All our best players were sold or got old and weren't replaced. Its clear to see in the accounts what went on a huge % of the clubs revenue went on interest and finance payments.

As for Fergie he's not beyond criticism, threatening to sue a huge shareholder in the club been a particular highlight.

United have spent huge money on transfer fees all throughout the Glazer's era.

take_yer_points

That's one way to put clubs off charging higher ticket prices for away games...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42636450

Manchester United are to charge Sevilla fans £89 to attend the Champions League last-16 game at Old Trafford on 13 March.

United say they will use the proceeds to refund their own supporters for the "unfair" £89 charge to attend the first leg of the tie in Spain on 21 February.

The club will give £35 to fans who have bought tickets for the fixture at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium next month.

Any additional money will be donated to the Manchester United Foundation.

United outlined their stance in a letter to ticket holders, which was issued on Wednesday morning.

It read: "In this instance we believe that our travelling supporters are unfairly being subjected to increased/excessive ticket prices from the host club.

"We have received lots of requests from individuals and supporter groups to intervene in this matter.

"This has been raised with Sevilla, and internally, but ultimately Sevilla have not agreed to significantly lower the price of tickets for our fans to what we view as a reasonable level.

"Therefore, we have taken the difficult decision to charge Sevilla fans for the return leg at Old Trafford the same amount as our fans have been charged for the away fixture.

"We will use this increase to subsidise our fans, as we want this to act as a deterrent to future opponents who look to increase ticket prices for our travelling supporters.

"We will subsidise our travelling support by refunding the difference between the price charged (£89) and the price that was paid by Liverpool supporters in the group stage of this year's competition (£54). The £35 difference will be refunded prior to the game taking place."

NAG1

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 10, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

That does not mean the Glazers have, they are not dipping into their pocket to fund the Pogba transfer for example. It is well documented how they have used United to prop up their interests elsewhere. It is a cash cow for them, end of.

If JM can squeeze them to pay top dollar and bring in some of the world class talent at the top end of the market you wont hear too many fans complaining.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 10, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

Huge ever since Ed Woodward was given the role over money transfers.

thewobbler

But apparently because they spend money from profits instead of the owner's back pockets, the club (which keeps breaking UK transfer records for every position on the field) is diddling its fans.

magpie seanie

The Glazers have raped the club for hundreds of millions and chronically underinvested in the squad, particularly after Ronaldo left. A few high cost signings in recent years shouldn't hide that. People seem unable to grasp the magnitude of cash we're talking about....it is astronomical. United should be able to spend 200M easily at every window and would be able to if they were not privately owned. In fact, I saw a report recently documenting the economic value of players and if anything the likes of Pogba and Lukaku were a steal at their prices given the economic benefit they can potentially generate. And make no mistake - that is how they evaluate these things. They haven't really any interest in the club winning the Champions League or Premier League bar it being additional revenue. A nice bonus but not the main reason for any purchase of players.

I can understand if not agree with Ferguson not speaking out against the owners even though it seemed contradictory to his oft publicised beliefs. He believed it was possible and perhaps even desirable to operate under such frugal circumstances. He worked miracles in his latter years to win leagues with poor squads (relatively) but perhaps this led to him (a) overestimating his players (b) underestimating the opposing teams and/or (c) not realising that no manager ever again will be able to demand successfully the same commitment as he got from those groups.

The episode with the horse and all that was a serious error of judgement and destabilised the club badly. There are other things.

However, he got and appreciated the history of the club. His teams mostly tried to play in an attacking manner and be true to the clubs history. At times that wasn't possible (due to injuries/poor form or latterly not that talented squads) and another way to win had to be found. He wasn't out picking fights or moaning after every single game about some bullshit. Not saying he didn't on occasion but it wasn't after every single game.

As for Bobby Charlton - his legacy on the pitch has few peers in this history of the game never mind Manchester United.

AZOffaly

Quote from: take_yer_points on January 10, 2018, 01:38:25 PM
That's one way to put clubs off charging higher ticket prices for away games...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42636450

Manchester United are to charge Sevilla fans £89 to attend the Champions League last-16 game at Old Trafford on 13 March.

United say they will use the proceeds to refund their own supporters for the "unfair" £89 charge to attend the first leg of the tie in Spain on 21 February.

The club will give £35 to fans who have bought tickets for the fixture at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium next month.

Any additional money will be donated to the Manchester United Foundation.

United outlined their stance in a letter to ticket holders, which was issued on Wednesday morning.

It read: "In this instance we believe that our travelling supporters are unfairly being subjected to increased/excessive ticket prices from the host club.

"We have received lots of requests from individuals and supporter groups to intervene in this matter.

"This has been raised with Sevilla, and internally, but ultimately Sevilla have not agreed to significantly lower the price of tickets for our fans to what we view as a reasonable level.

"Therefore, we have taken the difficult decision to charge Sevilla fans for the return leg at Old Trafford the same amount as our fans have been charged for the away fixture.

"We will use this increase to subsidise our fans, as we want this to act as a deterrent to future opponents who look to increase ticket prices for our travelling supporters.

"We will subsidise our travelling support by refunding the difference between the price charged (£89) and the price that was paid by Liverpool supporters in the group stage of this year's competition (£54). The £35 difference will be refunded prior to the game taking place."

Fair play...

Maroon Manc

In know someone who is bringing the father in law, wife and 2 kids to Seville and all have tickets, £445 on tickets alone. They go to every domestic game home and away, how they afford it is a bit of a mystery.

Syferus

QuoteRomelu Lukaku is considering taking legal action against Farhad Moshiri over the Everton owner's claim that the striker decided to leave the club because of a voodoo message.

Moshiri told Everton's AGM on Tuesday that Lukaku rejected a new contract last summer because "he had a voodoo and he got the message that he needs to go to Chelsea". Lukaku was wanted by Chelsea but ended up joining Manchester United.

A representative for Lukaku told BBC Sport: "Romelu's decision had nothing to do with voodoo. He distances himself from these beliefs and this statement and will now see what judicial steps can be taken in relation to them."

The representative added: "Romelu is very Catholic and voodoo is not part of his life or his beliefs. He simply had no faith in Everton and no confidence in Mr Moshiri's project. That is why he did not want to sign on any condition. He wanted to make the next step in his career and wanted the security to be able to leave."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/10/romelu-lukaku-legal-action-farhad-moshiri-voodoo-manchester-united-everton

What the actual fûck? That his rep had to say "Romelu's decision had nothing to do with voodoo" might be the funniest part..

magpie seanie

That's actually quite funny. I suppose it probably vindicates his decision to leave Everton.....yer man is clearly a looper!!!!

NAG1

Seems to be a bit of chat around Moura, i would have thought quality though he is it wouldnt be a position I would be looking to strengthen first.

magpie seanie

I seriously hope the talk of Ozil is only talk.

GJL

Talk of Marhez to Liverpool. I think he is quality and already well used to the PL. I would like to see him at Utd instead of looking at a winger who has no PL experience and has played in a one team league the last 5 years.