Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling

Started by revsperminute, September 29, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Read the post you Gobshite. The ref was shite. He favored corofin IMO. stop focusing on one point which has little to do with the point I was making. You have form with rossies but I usually ignore your rubbish. More fool me for engaging this time.

Syferus

Great game, pity it was a shot that hit the posts that decided it.

Brian Stack was incredible today.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on November 12, 2017, 04:07:55 PM
Read the post you Gobshite. The ref was shite. He favored corofin IMO. stop focusing on one point which has little to do with the point I was making. You have form with rossies but I usually ignore your rubbish. More fool me for engaging this time.

I call the game as I see it. The referee heavily favoured Brigids with his decisions, they got countless soft frees, he pulled play back when Brigids were in big trouble. You equated a shoulder to shoulder hit after the Brigids player had kicked the ball out of play to a frontal charge on the Corofin player after he had laid the ball off for an overload attack on the 45 yard line with loads of space. That told me all I needed to know about the impartiality of your comments. In that particular situation the play should have been let run and the Brigids player black carded after the advantage had been allowed. In the other situation the Brigids player may have got a free but it wasn't a booking, both players went shoulder to shoulder with the Brigids player hacking the ball away first.

The better team won and I think the scoreline flattered Brigids.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 12, 2017, 04:07:44 PM
Great entertainment. Don't think either side are quite as good as they were a few years back. Not at Crokes/Slaughtneil level anyway.

Corofin were screwed last year by the referee who did not punish Crokes systematically fouling them with impunity. They're still a very good side and have the best forward until left in the Championship. I do think they are very wasteful though, they are too goal hungry and tend to mess up a lot of scores by going hunting for the goal when the point is there.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

I call the game as I see it. The referee heavily favoured Brigids with his decisions, they got countless soft frees, he pulled play back when Brigids were in big trouble. You equated a shoulder to shoulder hit after the Brigids player had kicked the ball out of play to a frontal charge on the Corofin player after he had laid the ball off for an overload attack on the 45 yard line with loads of space. That told me all I needed to know about the impartiality of your comments. In that particular situation the play should have been let run and the Brigids player black carded after the advantage had been allowed. In the other situation the Brigids player may have got a free but it wasn't a booking, both players went shoulder to shoulder with the Brigids player hacking the ball away first.

And you have no bias against Roscommon!!  I said they were similar, I did not say they were the same. How hard is that to understand. Try read my first post again, slowly or if your with someone get them to explain it to you. That's the end of this exchange, never argue with an idiot, first they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Cunny Funt

Well done to Castlebar and Corofin it promises to be a great Connacht final in Tuam. I see Bombers hate and biased views against the rossies has transferred into club level now and all because a few a rossies on here upset him.  Grow up man and move on.

Syferus

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on November 12, 2017, 04:27:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

And you have no bias against Roscommon!!  I said they were similar, I did not say they were the same. How hard is that to understand. Try read my first post again, slowly or if your with someone get them to explain it to you. That's the end of this exchange, never argue with an idiot, first they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Leave him at it PHP, he's had it in Roscommon since I tore the hole out of him ages ago and stopped humoring him. Sorry for putting you through his ringer.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 12, 2017, 04:07:44 PM
Great entertainment. Don't think either side are quite as good as they were a few years back. Not at Crokes/Slaughtneil level anyway.
Maybe not but if the All Ireland was played in December last year Corofin would have won it as they were at their peak. By Feb they were flat easy pickings for Crokes. Maybe they are pacing themselves better this year? Brigids a much improvement outfit from last years Connacht final however they missed keys players such as Peter Domican and Ian Kilbride last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Ian Burke is a lovely footballer to watch though. Kicks with both feet. Very clever with his movement. Thought his lack of size would hold him back at intercounty level but he was very good when he was finally given a chance last year.

Captain Obvious

Not as good as yesterdays Ulster semi final but a good match between two good clubs sides nonetheless. Slaughtneil v Corofin or Castlebar will be a very interesting semi final. St Vincents getting caught on the hop probably means the defending champions Dr Crokes has easier path to the final now.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 12, 2017, 05:23:56 PM
Not as good as yesterdays Ulster semi final but a good match between two good clubs sides nonetheless. Slaughtneil v Corofin or Castlebar will be a very interesting semi final. St Vincents getting caught on the hop probably means the defending champions Dr Crokes has easier path to the final now.

Is it not Connacht v Leinster champions in the semi final this year? Corofin have been rusty all through this year but games like today will bring them on a ton. Thought Lundy was fantastic today, his vision and passing is something else, they missed him when he went off injured. Great game to watch, looking forward to the Connacht final.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on November 12, 2017, 05:28:42 PM

Is it not Connacht v Leinster champions in the semi final this year? Corofin have been rusty all through this year but games like today will bring them on a ton. Thought Lundy was fantastic today, his vision and passing is something else, they missed him when he went off injured. Great game to watch, looking forward to the Connacht final.

Lundy did a lot of running alright.

He'd be a lot easier to like with less playacting, though.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Syferus on November 12, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

What playacting Syferus?

Captain Obvious

Is it not Connacht v Leinster champions in the semi final this year?

Double checked you are right as Castlebar played Crossmaglen in the 2016 semi final.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on November 12, 2017, 05:33:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 12, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

What playacting Syferus?

Ah c'mon Duine, everyone knows Lundy as much for his rolling about and diving as his speed and talent. He played well all the same.

Molloy looks a player.