We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Apparently Brian Mullins' son, who plays for Vincent's, has been invited to join the Donegal panel.

Anyone know anything about him? Midfielder I think, which we could use if he's half decent.

Cunny Funt

Websites such as Balls.ie,Sportsjoe,42.ie won't know what to do with themselves now that St Vincents Diarmuid Connolly are knocked out.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2017, 05:41:05 PM
Apparently Brian Mullins' son, who plays for Vincent's, has been invited to join the Donegal panel.

Anyone know anything about him? Midfielder I think, which we could use if he's half decent.
Was one of the stand out players in a poor quality Dublin final i think it was said he played U21 with Donegal?

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 12, 2017, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

Was one of the stand out players in a poor quality Dublin final i think it was said he played U21 with Donegal?

Yes, apparently was on U-21 panels for both counties.

lenny

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 12, 2017, 05:32:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 12, 2017, 05:26:37 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 12, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
Story of the day was this Leinster championship result. Rathnew (Wicklow) 1-13
St Vincent's (Dublin) 1-9.  Diarmuid Connolly with just 0-1 a free..

Best player in the country.

Apparently.

No apparently in it, he was the best player a couple of seasons ago but probably isn't now. You mightn't think so which is your prerogative but most people would agree he was the best player in the game for 2 or 3 seasons there. Wonderful all round player who would've graced any team in any era.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe kernan trying to get him out to join the irish team for next weeks game. His strength, kick passing and score taking would make a massive difference in terms of quality to ireland's chances next weekend.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: lenny on November 12, 2017, 07:17:56 PM

No apparently in it, he was the best player a couple of seasons ago but probably isn't now. You mightn't think so which is your prerogative but most people would agree he was the best player in the game for 2 or 3 seasons there. Wonderful all round player who would've graced any team in any era.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe kernan trying to get him out to join the irish team for next weeks game. His strength, kick passing and score taking would make a massive difference in terms of quality to ireland's chances next weekend.
A tad over hyped lets be honest. A great player that can cause serious damage when left totally unmarked however when a decent marker is on him his score talking isn't that hot.  Irish panel was picked after trials 3 months ago Big Joe isn't suddenly going to draft players in and Connolly played only once for Ireland.

Syferus

Never considered him the best in the country. Way too unreliable and easy to get a rise out of. Three months out this summer for his own stupidity ffs. Plenty of talent, but lots of others had have bags of skill and allied it with the temperament truly great players have. Keegan, the bane of Connolly's existence any time they've met, has been the better of the two out any given year over the last four seasons IMHO.

If you're going to be called the best player in the game you need to have the complete package.

highorlow

That result in Aughrim proves once and for all what a huge advantage the Dubs have playing in their home ground in the championship.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Yes. If the Dubs had to play at Aughrim, Enniskillen and by the Boyne there would be historic battles.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Avondhu star

Quote from: highorlow on November 12, 2017, 11:36:18 PM
That result in Aughrim proves once and for all what a huge advantage the Dubs have playing in their home ground in the championship.
No it doesn't.
It's shows that at senior club level if you keep the few county "stars" quiet the rest of the teams are fairly even.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

highorlow

QuoteNo it doesn't.
It's shows that at senior club level if you keep the few county "stars" (outside their comfort zone) quiet the rest of the teams are fairly even.

Corrected that for you.

By your logic it is as easy to keep the Dublin stars quiet in Croke Park as it is in any other field around the country which is absolute nonsense.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

TheGreatest

The fascination continues.

Well done Rathnew, great win.

Whatever people say, Looking back on the Connolly years, he will always be remembered as an all time great by Dubs, who matter most. Check Connolly medal haul, I'm sure he doesn't mind what lads say on GAA forums.!!!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 13, 2017, 09:19:32 AM

Whatever people say, Looking back on the Connolly years, he will always be remembered as an all time great by Dubs, who matter most. Check Connolly medal haul, I'm sure he doesn't mind what lads say on GAA forums.!!!

Sometimes I think you're the boul Diarmuid himself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mup

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 13, 2017, 09:22:44 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on November 13, 2017, 09:19:32 AM

Sometimes I think you're the boul Diarmuid himself.

I just can't help thinking its like a Mr. Smithers/Monty Burns type fascination.

TheGreatest

Its one man against the world it seems. No logic to anyone argument.

There is no moderator on this site, thread should be closed.