Kerry v Mayo NFL D1; Round 1

Started by Farrandeelin, January 28, 2015, 05:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Jeez Darby will you go away and lie down.Do not ruin this thread with your BS.Good win for Mayo but who ever came up with this new  jersey should be fired.This is not the premiership where its all about money.Any Mayo jersey should have green and red on it end of story.

Syferus

Only saw a picture of Regan's fall. Shocking bad luck. Any word how he is?

larryin89

Broken collarbone I think. Really sad for the lad.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mjg

Poor chap he aint having much luck

muppet

It was a shocking looking fall. I am slightly relieved to hear it was 'just' a collar bone.

Hopefully he will be back quick enough.
MWWSI 2017

Seamus

Broken scapula (shoulder blade) and concussion.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Farrandeelin

As twohands said McLoughlin's gem halted Kerry's comeback. Aido coming on helped too, because just like Limerick our midfield up till then was awful. More from e tomorrow evening sometime prob.Regan desperately unlucky.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2015, 06:43:07 PM
As twohands said McLoughlin's gem halted Kerry's comeback. Aido coming on helped too, because just like Limerick our midfield up till then was awful. More from e tomorrow evening sometime prob.Regan desperately unlucky.

I though he controlled the tempo of the game completely when he came on. Kerry's momentum went away when he started slowing it down and riding tackles.

One good feature for us today was some lovely foot passes. O'Shea sent a great one in for a Conroy point near the end and I can recall ones from Durcan and Higgins as well.

One bad feature was our failure to properly contest kick-outs.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Quote from: muppet on February 01, 2015, 06:47:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2015, 06:43:07 PM

I though he controlled the tempo of the game completely when he came on. Kerry's momentum went away when he started slowing it down and riding tackles.

One good feature for us today was some lovely foot passes. O'Shea sent a great one in for a Conroy point near the end and I can recall ones from Durcan and Higgins as well.

One bad feature was our failure to properly contest kick-outs.

Seamie o Sheas foot passing on the other hand was woeful.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

muppet

Quote from: Darby on February 01, 2015, 03:42:52 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 01, 2015, 03:40:34 PM
Darby you can't actually be serious.
Kerry should "aim to win a game in Munster" and anything thereafter is a bonus?
You should check in with the men with the white coats...
Galwayman, you seem likeable, but naive. You'll be singing my praises yet. Kerry should struggle this year.

Roscommon would beat the pick of the two teams.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Just watched it back there - tough game - no love lost between them today.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Ban this Darby idiot please someone.  >:(

Mayo much thee better team today. To be expected in fairness but we had a strong team out.

Best wishes to Evan Regan after that horrible fall..was worried it was more serious when I saw it.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Seamus on February 01, 2015, 06:40:35 PM
Broken scapula (shoulder blade) and concussion.

Quote from: larryin89 on February 01, 2015, 06:27:13 PM
Broken collarbone I think. Really sad for the lad.

Feck, damn, shit! Was looking forward to seeing him get a decent run in the League.

Today fixture was a big one to get out of the way for H&C. We were lucky to have Kerry first and it being an away fixture makes it a bonus. Most (if not all) of the Kerry lads look stale and there a few missing regulars who did not play who are sorting themselves for bigger fry. On our side of things everybody looked good today and that can be dangerous ground looking at players playing out of position or trying to make the breakthrough. You can get a false impression of their standard when seeing them in a game like today was.

Anyway that's done and done fairly efficiently, now means nothing bar giving a few lads a run with a positive result to boot and 2 league points.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 01, 2015, 07:33:51 PM
Ban this Darby idiot please someone.  >:(

Mayo much thee better team today. To be expected in fairness but we had a strong team out.

Best wishes to Evan Regan after that horrible fall..was worried it was more serious when I saw it.

I really don't buy that this was a strong Kerry team. I think ye Kerry lads are trying to sell Mayo a bit of a pup.

Looking at the teamsheets and subs and who Kerry had missing, I'd be shocked if this is not the weakest side Kerry have out all year by a fair distance.

The Kerry bench bar Walsh was very weak I thought - looked to be all lads new to intercounty football and lads who had a bit to go yet to get up to the physicality of intercounty standard.

The Kerry defence was missing O'Se, O'Mahoney, Young, Crowley and Enright as well as Kelly in goals. While O'Se and O'Mahoney don't have a lot of time left, that's a hell of a lot of experience to take out of a defence in one fell swoop. Winning an All-Ireland medal is all well and good but it doesn't suddenly bestow years of experience on a player. Paul Murphy looked to be the 2nd more experienced player for Kerry in the defence.

I think if you compared the levels of experience in terms of number of intercounty games/seasons, especially with the benches Mayo would have had far more experienced panel out there today.

If I were a Mayoman I'd be glad of the points but from today it looks like there will be no quick fix to the same issues that have caused Mayo problems in recent championships.

J70

Quote from: Darby on February 01, 2015, 03:25:53 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on February 01, 2015, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: Darby on February 01, 2015, 03:14:24 PM
It's perturbing to see a team outclassed in such a humiliating manner. At home. Kerry won't be within a roar of winning Munster this year. Cork must be laughing.

Get up the yard - Kerry are missing a raft of top players and have shown all the traditional signs of an All-Ireland winning hangover.

There's a fair few lads on that Kerry team who won't be anyway near the  team come summer time.

Kerry will lose to Tipperary in the Muster semi-final. It is a certainty.

So you ARE trolling.

Hilarious.