Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Agreed.  Well done mic key and the team.  Great interview after.   To hell with rte

skeog

great gutsy display hopefully barry tierney hasnt suffered a serious injury looked horrible

rrhf

LeoMc

Did look bad on the replays.
Great result from a low base. 3/4 from Mayo & Dublin v 1/4 from Derry & Monaghan.
Not sure where we are going but still hoping.

Club boi

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 05, 2015, 09:12:16 PM
Harte got criticised last year for playing so many players so he can't really win.  Peter Hughes started a good few McKenna cup games and first day of leagues so has got games. Emmet McKenna started loads last year including a few championship games. Opportunities limited this year but has never taken his chances .

Oneill is a good keeper but probably not as good a a Morgan. Plenty of keepers up and down country have to accept being the number 2. Hopefully he does push on and challenge Morgan over next few years.

It's debatable that Morgan is even the "Best" keeper in Edendork!!!

O'Neill a far better shot stopper, stays between the posts where he is supposed to, accurate kick outs and from what I hear, performing better at training. I myself am surprised he is still hangin around, considering MH has always rotated his keepers until this years League

tiempo

Quote from: Club boi on March 08, 2015, 08:25:46 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 05, 2015, 09:12:16 PM
Harte got criticised last year for playing so many players so he can't really win.  Peter Hughes started a good few McKenna cup games and first day of leagues so has got games. Emmet McKenna started loads last year including a few championship games. Opportunities limited this year but has never taken his chances .

Oneill is a good keeper but probably not as good a a Morgan. Plenty of keepers up and down country have to accept being the number 2. Hopefully he does push on and challenge Morgan over next few years.

It's debatable that Morgan is even the "Best" keeper in Edendork!!!

O'Neill a far better shot stopper, stays between the posts where he is supposed to, accurate kick outs and from what I hear, performing better at training. I myself am surprised he is still hangin around, considering MH has always rotated his keepers until this years League

Right enough, Mickey rotated the keepers in the league up until Morgan came on the scene, O'Neill getting very few run outs at all

Redhand Santa

There's people who no longer want Harte as manager using his rte interview thing as an excuse to get giving him abuse. Let's face it the average tyrone fan couldn't care less if there was interviews with rte after these games.  In fact they'd be more than happy with the situation if we were winning all Ireland's.

The funny thing about this big issue of not talking to rte and the damage it's doing the sponsors is that rte don't show the league games cause they don't give a crap about the league. So any interview is more for the radio and there would be no exposure for the sponsor anyway. They do the league Sunday show in fairness but interviews are very light. Tonight Gavin was on for about 20 seconds and you didn't see the Dublin sponsor on his jumper.

I personally feel a big drama is made over very little given any exposure from the interviews is so limited. I'd prefer a situation where our county board and sponsor was supporting the county manager and team and not causing unnecessary distractions.

I know fuzzman and a few have said that the stance is leading to us getting a hard time from rte but I don't think it makes one bit of difference. They gave tyrone serious abuse right throughout the 2000s when the team did interviews. Puke football, orourke eating his hat etc.

Also let's not forget the way sean cavanagh was victimised by them 2 years. A complete over the top sensationalist rant against an amateur sportsman. He might have shrugged it off initially but he did say later it was very difficult for his family and caused hassle in work. I have heard that the players don't want to speak to rte and I would not be surprised if it was the case.

Let's concentrate on the football and getting behind the team.

Redhand Santa

On another note isn't it great to see 'nephew' Harte and 'brother' colm playing so well against one of the top teams.

DermyTDredi

Funny game - 11 wides and 4/5 dropped short into Dublin keeper....a few ifs and buts and that game would have left the papers saying that Gavin and Dublin were under more pressure and Tyrone were on the ascendancy....?
And the monaghan game all but forgotten....

Fuzzman

RHS, do you really think RTE has no influence over the GAA public's perceptions?
Do you not notice how many people depend on pundits opinions to help them judge a game for themselves?

WT4E

RTE not sending any cameras to omagh today to cork game? Is this due to the snub or am I reading too much into it?

time ticking away

Anyone got any idea of the starting under 21 team for Wednesday night. Apparently the county board have thrown a lot of support into the campaign
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

tiempo

Quote from: time ticking away on March 16, 2015, 05:18:16 PM
Anyone got any idea of the starting under 21 team for Wednesday night. Apparently the county board have thrown a lot of support into the campaign

What do you mean? Loads more cash than normal?

Redhand Santa

There are some exceptions but a lot of the time rte only show highlights of games that have been on Setanta or tg4 at the weekend and don't bother with the league. So I don't think them not sending cameras was anything to do with Harte but more there indifference to the gaa from October to May.

Positives and negatives from yesterday. Thought we put in a really good first half and worked hard and as a team throughout. We did run totally out of steam with 15 to go. The game plan on that omagh pitch obviously had a big impact. It is only match and no one would want to team to peak yet so hopefully there will be a bit more in the tank come championship.

The two areas that require most work are scoring and breaking ball. We're missing to many frees and dropping to many short from open play. We really need cavanagh Donnelly and Harte go start getting more on the score board. Mcaliskey was excellent in the first half yesterday but doesn't have the engine for the current game plan. He either needs to be excused of tracking back so far out the pitch or used as an impact sub with 30 to go.

Breaking ball from kickouts has to be a priority and has been an issue for at least 3 years. We aren't getting in positions to win breaking ball. Teams push up on our kickouts and we end up kicking to an isolated player with 3 or 4 opposition around them. We need to get back to basics and get more men around the ball.

Overall plenty to work on but I do think we're going to right road and our a lot further ahead with a settled team and plan.

redzone

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 16, 2015, 06:17:27 PM
There are some exceptions but a lot of the time rte only show highlights of games that have been on Setanta or tg4 at the weekend and don't bother with the league. So I don't think them not sending cameras was anything to do with Harte but more there indifference to the gaa from October to May.

Positives and negatives from yesterday. Thought we put in a really good first half and worked hard and as a team throughout. We did run totally out of steam with 15 to go. The game plan on that omagh pitch obviously had a big impact. It is only match and no one would want to team to peak yet so hopefully there will be a bit more in the tank come championship.

The two areas that require most work are scoring and breaking ball. We're missing to many frees and dropping to many short from open play. We really need cavanagh Donnelly and Harte go start getting more on the score board. Mcaliskey was excellent in the first half yesterday but doesn't have the engine for the current game plan. He either needs to be excused of tracking back so far out the pitch or used as an impact sub with 30 to go.

Breaking ball from kickouts has to be a priority and has been an issue for at least 3 years. We aren't getting in positions to win breaking ball. Teams push up on our kickouts and we end up kicking to an isolated player with 3 or 4 opposition around them. We need to get back to basics and get more men around the ball.

Overall plenty to work on but I do think we're going to right road and our a lot further ahead with a settled team and plan.

How did morgan play. Few reckon mickey oneill should get a go. Were the frees missed long way out. Didn't get but to match cork indeed lead for most of the game would indicate we not far of the top table. next 3 games I suppose will tell us more. Looking forward to wed night. Fermanagh normally not upto much but this is the same group that won the mcrory a few years ago. They could be dangerous but id like to think wed be tuned into that. il have a stab at the team.Only a guess.
1   fox- killyclogher
2 r mullen - Carmen?
3 r brennan-trillick
4 r Kelly-trillick
5 k mcgeary-pomeroy
6 m Cassidy-ardboe
7 p McKenna-donghamore
8 c mcshane -roes
9  maculey Quinn-stewardstown
10 f bruns-pomeroy
11 m Kavanagh-errigal
12 r mcglone-agahloo