2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O moore parklife

Quote from: SCFC on February 23, 2018, 11:12:53 PM
One change. Donoher for O'Reilly.
Harsh on O'Reilly. I'd have gone with Donoher for Farrell.
[/quote
Injury driven selection by all accounts not in the squad

Junior Ex Laoistalk

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)

2. David Holland (Portlaoise) 3. Shane Nerney (O'Dempsey's) 4. Ruadhri C Fennell (Rosenallis)

5. Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen) 6. Colm Begley (Stradbally) 7. Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise)

8. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's) 9. Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise)

10. Alan Farrell (Ballylinan) 11. Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen) 12. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)

13. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise) 14. Gary Walsh (Ballylinan) 15. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Bamford1995

Could anyone give me a shout with directions to aughrim lads, from stradbally what would be the handiest way?

Zooming around

Quote from: Bamford1995 on February 24, 2018, 04:57:50 PM
Could anyone give me a shout with directions to aughrim lads, from stradbally what would be the handiest way?

I wouldn't start from there.

The handiest way would be to drive.

Bamford1995

I will be driving, what's the handiest route I was wondering? Google maps isn't much helpful

Catch and Kick

Through Carlow, Hacketstown, Tinahely, Aughrim. Straightforward

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Zooming around on February 24, 2018, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: Bamford1995 on February 24, 2018, 04:57:50 PM

I wouldn't start from there.

The handiest way would be to drive.

There's always one!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Catch and Kick on February 24, 2018, 08:04:16 PM
Through Carlow, Hacketstown, Tinahely, Aughrim. Straightforward

Probably. You can go via the M7 to Newbridge. Come off at the Curragh and you're cross country from there...Kilcullen, Dunlavin....Aughrim Nice drive.

Google maps is sending me via Ballitore, Baltinglass, Rathdangan, Aughrim.

I've a mate who lives near the stadium. He's making tea & hang sangidges for any Laois people travelling down.

High Fielder

Straightforward enough afternoon. Wicklow were poor and unfit. Typically of poor teams, they tried to rush things and only served to blow their own gaskets. We made a lot of handling errors ourselves, but we had a bit more class about us in the right places. There's a lot more to do, but at least we're ticking along.

The PRO

An awful game.
Wicklow are close to being the worst team in the land.
I pray we can get promoted.

on the hop

I thought it was our best performance so far, we made a lot of errors but none of them critical like in Leitrim. priority is to get out of this division, Wicklow were shocking, I never seen so many one footed players on a team, they were constantly turning back out the field. big games ahead and must wins because there is nothing to be gained staying here. first half with the wind we built up a good lead. Wicklow were very defensive but we kicked some good points, gary getting a goal to give us breathing space. we pressed up on their kickouts leaving only one or two in our half at times and it forced them to kick long. we dominated a lot of the ball as we had a lot of bodies in the area. we again defended very narrow at times, which appears to be a tactic.Second half a mess, 0-6 points all and the majority of them on both sides, frees. they hadn't the power to trouble us and we retreated back, playing keep ball at times. we ran the bench and gave a good few a run, taking off the regulars as they were starting to tackle a bit wild. for what its worth,

brody was rarely troubled and his kickouts very good. we played a two man full back line and they weren't troubled. nerney much better today. fennel was sticky and dogged but might overdue watching his man rather than the ball. Begley sat in front of them and handled a lot of ball, thought he was very good. Dillon was better today, its a pity he doesn't back himself going forward. Collins much quieter and replaced by strong. Crowley started instead of Holland and was on a lot of ball. mixed a bit of everything, got into great positions but tended to get stripped of the ball to often. I thought we dominated midfield. JOL was very good and Lillis kicked a great score and was much better and fitter looking today. we kicked 1-16 but you felt there was a bit more there, played with three and the full forward line in the first half and did well. completely withdrew in the second half and it was a bit of a slog. Farrell was injured and was replaced by Glynn. Paul Kingston handled a lot of ball, got it hard off his marker physically which he doesn't like but in fairness the ref was letting a bit go. donaher was ok. evan had a good game, kicked two good fress against the wind in the second half, ross kicked I think two or three from play. gary got the goal but it probably wasn't his best game and was replaced by donie. donie came on and was positioned around midfield/centre forward. he rarely left that position and I thought he should have been put in nearer the goals. a load of subs were given a run as well.

O moore parklife

Played well fitness was showing lots of faces got game time
No goals conceded free count was down.
Job done players were happy morale looks high.
Very easy to voice negatives than positives enough of that done here over the years lets enjoy the victories for a change

Dave like the tv channel

Yes. We're in Div4, but we need to get out. You cannot do that without winning games. It's a three-horse race and we have to play numbers 2, 3 & 4 in the league yet. A lot of football yet to be played and one of three teams will be disappointed.

BallyroanAbu

Last year we were dreadful, week in week out I called for the managements head.  Regardless of division this management is doing a good job.  They will be promoted, we are clearly miles in front of most teams in this division.  Credit where credit is due hopefully the improvement can be sustained into championship and beyond.

Unlaoised

Wicklow were poor but I've seen us get dragged down to that level before in the last few years...

We were a lot fitter in all areas.

I thought Begley was excellent today great composure on the ball and in good positions off it.

JOL had a good game as well and apart from loosing two possesions Crowley was decent.

Evan kicked two superb frees against the wind in a second half that was hard to watch.

Again Munnelly chipped in with 3 points from play and he will keep his place .

Donie came on but hasn't the fitness yet for out the field but done okay.

Paul stood out and was counted despite getting a lot of rough treatment from a dirty marker.

Niall donoher was decent aswell and always backed up Laois players in good positions.

Walsh was a bit quieter today but his goal was really well taken!

We look a lot fitter than we did for the last three years.!!

Easy to be negative all the time but a win is a win division 4 is what it is and if anyone had to have said we would come away with a 9 point win in aughrim I think we'd have all taken it.

LAOIS ABÚ