Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterback

Tyrone haven't developed a topclass forward in 10 years. More is thought of a hard working half forward where scoring is not as important. Today is a result of that. Meanwhile in kerry they've had cooper, o Donohoe, Geaney and now the Clifford's 

CK_Redhand

Instead of asking the linesman there the ref took Tommy Walsh's advice on how to discipline Mattie. Did he even see the incident?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Quarterback on June 12, 2021, 06:37:09 PM
Tyrone haven't developed a topclass forward in 10 years. More is thought of a hard working half forward where scoring is not as important. Today is a result of that. Meanwhile in kerry they've had cooper, o Donohoe, Geaney and now the Clifford's
who's been manager this last ten years? Tyrone have to learn how to play football all over again.

CK_Redhand

No top class forwards?  McShane all-star at full forward a couple of years back. Mattie numerous all stars. Mccurry consistently hits 6+ points a game, possibly Tyrones top scorer of all time?
Some here have short memories.

Quarterback

Would any of them make that Kerry forward line? Not a chance. Hopefully Darraghs injury isn't to serious.

Mikhailov

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 12, 2021, 06:44:53 PM
No top class forwards?  McShane all-star at full forward a couple of years back. Mattie numerous all stars. Mccurry consistently hits 6+ points a game, possibly Tyrones top scorer of all time?*

Have you only started following Tyrone in the last year or two. What a ridiculous statement

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Quarterback on June 12, 2021, 06:49:50 PM
Would any of them make that Kerry forward line? Not a chance. Hopefully Darraghs injury isn't to serious.
That's a bit of a different argument than not developing talent.

At the minute, obviously not but to say Tyrone haven't developed top class forwards is an insult to the hard work going on in the county by amateur players and coaches.

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 12, 2021, 06:54:23 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 12, 2021, 06:44:53 PM
No top class forwards?  McShane all-star at full forward a couple of years back. Mattie numerous all stars. Mccurry consistently hits 6+ points a game, possibly Tyrones top scorer of all time?*

Have you only started following Tyrone in the last year or two. What a ridiculous statement
Which of my statements is ridiculous?

When McShane won an all-star was he not top class?
When Mattie won his all stars was he not top-class?
Is McCurry not currently/ in the last ten years been top-class?

skeog

Lads this was a glorified challenge game.Worrying the concession of some many goals.Joint management does not work imo.A bit of realism is needed playing a Div 4 team next will be a interesting encounter.

Tyrone Gaa

Can anyone pass Feargal or Brian Colm Cavanagh's number. I'm sure he has a year or 2 left in the tank yet.

Defending like that won't see us go very far!!
Living the dream!!!

BennyHarp

Is our defensive strategy to crowd the space between the midfield and the opposition 65? It's hard to tell on TV. We are a complete shambles.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Need to make either hampsey or Brennan our permanent chb. Watch every goal Kerry scored and Harte is nowhere to be seen. Not completely his fault but he just doesn't have the presence of a Conor gormley in the spine of defense.

Quarterback

I would never insult any of the hard working coaches in tyrone

It remains to be seen how mc shane will return from injury. He hasn't played in a long time. When I watch kerry I see much more technically gifted footballers than tyrone. 

Scoring Zone

it's hardly the first time we shifted a kicking in Kerry, i remember James o'donaghoe running riot a few years ago and many of our best teams didn't have a good record as well but what would annoy me in general, we can't repay the favour in Omagh.

Today showed a lot of our best is not good enough and their best behind them, no midfield or spine, surely brennan has to start at 6, we looked very leggy, kerry had more energy power and speed, our full forward line can't win their own 50/50's, and thinking mcshane can come back in and do what he has only done for 1 year would be too much. McKenna needs to be out the field, he has been anonymous, and the simple comparison between clifford and our best young players is stark. it's going to be the odd ulster and AI semi final if we are lucky for the next 5-6 years - miles off the top 2

southtyronegael

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 12, 2021, 05:37:03 PM
I see the new Louth manager is doing well. Maybe we could entice him to Tyrone.
the next time Tyrone are playing a division 4 team we will give him a shout.