Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on May 24, 2021, 08:37:44 AM
The Team played better as a whole because they had natural forwards. The limits of McGeary and Myler aren't as evident when McCurry and Canavan are providing a threat.

McCurry simply has to start. He has all the talent you'd ever need.
Mattie Donnellly, and Harte were much better.
McGeary gives the ball away far to much.
Burns is a very limited footballer
Myler needs to offer more, much more.
McKenna was quiet.

What game were you watching?

Meyler had another very good game again.

Set up a number of scores including a brilliant 50 yard pass right onto the chest of Bradley which was converted by a mark and a brilliant score on the outside of the foot at the end. And the volume of work he gets through, the tackles he makes and the defensive work he does is all taken for granted. He's probably the most improved player I've seen in the first two games under the new management.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on May 23, 2021, 09:48:28 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 23, 2021, 09:21:26 AM
Big issue for me is how poor mckenna seems to be playing. He seems frustrated and not enjoying his position. Played only a few games last year but made a huge impact while he seems to he struggling so far. Early days yet so hopefully he can turn it around.

Shooting needs worked on, a number if men had a few poor wides. Burns and hampsey come to mind.

McKenna is a huge worry. Seems very frustrated at how little involvement he's had. For me he's not an inside player. I know we are short McShane and need a ball winner inside but it's not McKenna. He should be playing out the field, preferably at 11.

McCurry won a lot of ball in the second half when the supply was right to him. We could do with McNulty or McAliskey in there if they are available.

McClure was another one who had a very poor wide earlier. I'd be very worried if Burns is picked again to start next week. He was poor again yesterday.

Is Kilpatrick still in the squad? Surely worth a run at midfield.

Still in squad. Possibly being held back as the most inexperienced member of the panel probably at moment.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2021, 09:33:14 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 23, 2021, 09:48:28 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 23, 2021, 09:21:26 AM
Big issue for me is how poor mckenna seems to be playing. He seems frustrated and not enjoying his position. Played only a few games last year but made a huge impact while he seems to he struggling so far. Early days yet so hopefully he can turn it around.

Shooting needs worked on, a number if men had a few poor wides. Burns and hampsey come to mind.

McKenna is a huge worry. Seems very frustrated at how little involvement he's had. For me he's not an inside player. I know we are short McShane and need a ball winner inside but it's not McKenna. He should be playing out the field, preferably at 11.

McCurry won a lot of ball in the second half when the supply was right to him. We could do with McNulty or McAliskey in there if they are available.

McClure was another one who had a very poor wide earlier. I'd be very worried if Burns is picked again to start next week. He was poor again yesterday.

Is Kilpatrick still in the squad? Surely worth a run at midfield.

Still in squad. Possibly being held back as the most inexperienced member of the panel probably at moment.

How would he be any more inexperienced than someone who just joined the panel this year?

GetOverTheBar

Fergal Logan and Dooher making the calls on Kilpatrick.

For me he's better than any of the options we've seen in midfield so far and actually is a midfielder for one.

Pearse Blue

Mikhailov

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2021, 10:48:11 AM
Fergal Logan and Dooher making the calls on Kilpatrick.

For me he's better than any of the options we've seen in midfield so far and actually is a midfielder for one.

That is the job of Logan & Dooher, to make the calls. Kilpatrick is a good player but it is a massive step up from club football to inter county. Maybe he is taking time to adjust or maybe he is not doing enough on the training pitch. Hopefully he gets an opportunity sooner rather than later

Angelo

The squad is being kept very hush hush anyway.

The following players haven't made the 26 in the opening two league games whether they are still about or not. I know some of them were talked about being cut a while back

J Monroe
C Quinn
P Teague
C Grimes
N Kelly
A Clarke
S Hammill
B McDonnell
C Kilpatrick
C McAliskey
T Quinn
D McNulty
D Kerr
C McShane

Other than McShane or McAliskey I don't see too many there who will be pushing for a place this season.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Angelo on May 24, 2021, 08:55:58 AM
The Team played better as a whole because they had natural forwards. The limits of McGeary and Myler aren't as evident when McCurry and Canavan are providing a threat.

McKenna was quiet.

Set up a number of scores including a brilliant 50 yard pass right onto the chest of Bradley which was converted by a mark and a brilliant score on the outside of the foot at the end. And the volume of work he gets through, the tackles he makes and the defensive work he does is all taken for granted. He's probably the most improved player I've seen in the first two games under the new management.

Exactly, anyone who thinks Myler needed to do much much more in the game vs Armagh needs to have a word with themselves.  He was excellent.

Angelo

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 24, 2021, 12:30:15 PM

McKenna was quiet.

Exactly, anyone who thinks Myler needed to do much much more in the game vs Armagh needs to have a word with themselves.  He was excellent.

Some people just don't understand the modern game. Joe Brolly is one of them. You can't have 15 corner forwards on the pitch. You need to get that balance right.

I actually thought we played better against Donegal last week than we did against Armagh this time.

It's clear that some people just have a bee in their bonnet about some players - Meyler, McGeary and Burns being the obvious ones - and will slate them no matter what.

McGeary was very good against Donegal and was quiet against Armagh before being subbed after picking up a yellow.
Meyler has had two very good outings and brings a lot of things to the table that never get credited. Every team needs a player like him.
Burns has had two really poor outings and I'd question the management on his selection.

It's a difficult task for the management in such a condensed season

Monaghan is a big test for us. Their forward play and running game was really slick v Donegal and we will seriously need to clog up that central channel this weekend and improve our defensive work from the Armagh game.

trailer

McKenna was quiet.

OK Conor.

God14

Quote from: trailer on May 24, 2021, 03:11:59 PM

McKenna was quiet.

OK Conor.

Tbf, I thought he had a good game myself. Certain starter these days.

Can't see Lee Brennan hanging around if not even making the 26. Would like to have had a look at Dromores Teague and Danny McNulty too.

southtyronegael

I think meyler has been the biggest plus with the new management. Playing with his head up, kicking the ball and taking scores. Looks a different player.

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 25, 2021, 11:53:27 AM
I think meyler has been the biggest plus with the new management. Playing with his head up, kicking the ball and taking scores. Looks a different player.

Agreed, he looks in great shape and playing with good positivity nailed on starter now but I wouldn't have said that 12 months ago.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 25, 2021, 11:53:27 AM

100%

He's playing with great confidence and hopefully he can continue this form.