Films and TV shows which will be banned

Started by Milltown Row2, June 10, 2020, 10:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

There's a clamour now to ban certain films and tv shows.

I see Cops has been taken down and Little Britain (never watched it)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Netflix and iPlayer have pulled Little Britain. Never watched it, but the worlds gone PC mad.

Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) posted a video apologising for the characters he created on Bo Selecta. So that'll probably be the next to go. Some of those characters were brilliant.

imtommygunn

thewobbler

Things like this drive me mad.

Regardless of his extra curricular behaviour, Kevin Spacey was one of the best actors in history, but Netflix and co have tried to airbrush him from their portfolio.

All I want to do is watch KPax, and I can't. Sad face.

Jeepers Creepers

Talking about 'Little Britain' last night and what characters might have caused offence. We looked up a full character list and well..lets just say they got away with alot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 10, 2020, 10:58:57 AM
Talking about 'Little Britain' last night and what characters might have caused offence. We looked up a full character list and well..lets just say they got away with alot.

The poor wheelchair victims
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

It was their use of blackface in some skits that did  it. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 10, 2020, 11:16:19 AM
It was their use of blackface in some skits that did  it.

White chicks should be next

Rois

Gone With The Wind has been chopped from HBO list

tbrick18

White men can't jump....a serious bit of racial stereotyping there.
Pitch Black....ooh, i dunno, sounds offensive
Last of the summer wine....nobody under the age of 60 in the cast, age-ist or what?
Black Panther.....I feel offended as there was no White Panther.

On a serious note, racism is alive and well in modern society. But, does anyone really think that removing TV shows or movies off their time is going to help remove racism in any way?
Sometimes people go out of their way to be offended.
I don't want to detract from any genuine incidents of racism but ffs, be realistic. Does anyone thing David Walliams or Kieth Lemon are racist? I dont. Perhaps some risque "comedy", but what comedians don't push the boundaries?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on June 10, 2020, 11:33:54 AM
Gone With The Wind has been chopped from HBO list

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn

johnnycool

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 10, 2020, 11:44:53 AM
White men can't jump....a serious bit of racial stereotyping there.
Pitch Black....ooh, i dunno, sounds offensive
Last of the summer wine....nobody under the age of 60 in the cast, age-ist or what?
Black Panther.....I feel offended as there was no White Panther.

On a serious note, racism is alive and well in modern society. But, does anyone really think that removing TV shows or movies off their time is going to help remove racism in any way?
Sometimes people go out of their way to be offended.
I don't want to detract from any genuine incidents of racism but ffs, be realistic. Does anyone thing David Walliams or Kieth Lemon are racist? I dont. Perhaps some risque "comedy", but what comedians don't push the boundaries?

where do you draw the line indeed?

Watched a clip of the BLM protest in Washington when the black TV journalist was talking about protesters being taken away in Police "paddy" wagons...

I was suitably disgusted.

Milltown Row2

Paddy Irish man jokes have been taken out of the PTQ

Milltown Row2

I see they are kneeling every Thursday at 8pm for BLM

TabClear

Quote from: BennyCake on June 10, 2020, 10:41:58 AM
Netflix and iPlayer have pulled Little Britain. Never watched it, but the worlds gone PC mad.

Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) posted a video apologising for the characters he created on Bo Selecta. So that'll probably be the next to go. Some of those characters were brilliant.

Only fools and Horses will be next. Some of the lines del boy used would cause moral outrage with some of today's PC brigade.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7019750/Censor-Del-Boy-for-being-racist-Dont-be-a-plonker.html