Things your other half does that annoy you

Started by Boycey, April 28, 2020, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 28, 2020, 04:51:51 PM
I could write a list but...

1. General nagging. If I think I'm the great fella and do something like tidy up the living room before watching tv at night, she'll mention the thing I didn't tidy up. Do they not know we respond well to a pat on the head.
2. She's a perfectionist with the farmer's work ethic, so she feels guilty unless you're doing something all day every day. I'm not that person and especially not on a Sunday when I want to lie on the sofa watching sport on tv and reading the papers! Back to the nagging again!
3. Indecision - we had about 30 shades of beige test patches behind our fridge at one stage when deciding on a colour for the kitchen. Ended up going for beige.
4. Falls asleep without fail whenever we start to watch anything, especially on a Friday night. I don't mind when we have opened a bottle of wine as I get to dust off the rest.

I can relate to all four, especially 1. We've got into so many fights about that one, especially when she's in a bad mood or stressed. Her stress manifests itself as barking orders at me, even when there's nothing to do or when she could quite easily do something herself. One time she was in the kitchen bitching about stuff I supposedly hadn't done and roared "can you not turn off the kitchen light?!" I ran back into the kitchen, reached of the light switch that was right beside her, switched it off, and left her in darkness. Me: "There. There's the light off. Happy now?"

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus its early doors but a marriage counsellor would red up in here,

and, whys this thread never been done before?!

Orior

Very very dangerous thread. Steps away gently, covering tracks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Taylor

Working from home yet the other half reckons Im not working because it isnt manual labour..........then starting yapping that Im not helping out around the house during the day.

Jesus wept

TabClear

1. General nagging. If I think I'm the great fella and do something like tidy up the living room before watching tv at night, she'll mention the thing I didn't tidy up. Do they not know we respond well to a pat on the head.
2. She's a perfectionist with the farmer's work ethic, so she feels guilty unless you're doing something all day every day. I'm not that person and especially not on a Sunday when I want to lie on the sofa watching sport on tv and reading the papers! Back to the nagging again!
3. Indecision - we had about 30 shades of beige test patches behind our fridge at one stage when deciding on a colour for the kitchen. Ended up going for beige.
4. Falls asleep without fail whenever we start to watch anything, especially on a Friday night. I don't mind when we have opened a bottle of wine as I get to dust off the rest.

I dont mind the falling asleep part, what grates with me is the inevitable Saturday night scenario

Wife: "Oh lets watch the rest of The Sixth Sense tonight, it was getting good"
Me: FFS, right go ahead, I'm going to go and watch Match of the Day in the other room.
Wife: (Huffing) I thought it might be nice to watch this together. We never spend time together anymore
Me: I watched it all last night like we planned...
Wife: (Angry) Why did nt you wait for me. I wanted to watch it too. Fine, you go watch your football
Me: Ok
Wife: You're just going to go and sit in the other room then. FINE!
Me: Ok I'll watch the film ......again...... by the way Bruce Willis is dead.
Wife (silence)
Me: I 'll go and watch the football.....

brokencrossbar1

Maybe I'm an exception but feck all bothers me about the other half. Maybe having been there before and had a tough divorce has made me more appreciative of someone who gives a damn and really supports me when I need it and vice verse....there's always small things that would be annoying but nothing of major consequence.

BennyCake

So many photo frames on sideboards/tables, you've no room to set down the likes of the car keys or a cup. Photo frames should be on the wall!

screenexile

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 28, 2020, 05:45:03 PM
Maybe I'm an exception but feck all bothers me about the other half. Maybe having been there before and had a tough divorce has made me more appreciative of someone who gives a damn and really supports me when I need it and vice verse....there's always small things that would be annoying but nothing of major consequence.

She's on the board isn't she???

I'm always available for a pm if you need to talk/escape?? ;)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: TabClear on April 28, 2020, 05:21:42 PM

I dont mind the falling asleep part, what grates with me is the inevitable Saturday night scenario

Wife: "Oh lets watch the rest of The Sixth Sense tonight, it was getting good"
Me: FFS, right go ahead, I'm going to go and watch Match of the Day in the other room.
Wife: (Huffing) I thought it might be nice to watch this together. We never spend time together anymore
Me: I watched it all last night like we planned...
Wife: (Angry) Why did nt you wait for me. I wanted to watch it too. Fine, you go watch your football
Me: Ok
Wife: You're just going to go and sit in the other room then. FINE!
Me: Ok I'll watch the film ......again...... by the way Bruce Willis is dead.
Wife (silence)
Me: I 'll go and watch the football.....

;D That'll learn her!

imtommygunn

The way that when you do something she doesn't like she waits until her mates are there to slag you off for it ;D

To be fair I think it's more a men are from Mars women are from Venus and women could easily come up with lists about us too lol.

Hereiam

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on April 28, 2020, 05:46:30 PM
So many photo frames on sideboards/tables, you've no room to set down the likes of the car keys or a cup. Photo frames should be on the wall!
Similar problem for me but with candles instead of photo frames.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 28, 2020, 04:57:55 PM

I can relate to all four, especially 1. We've got into so many fights about that one, especially when she's in a bad mood or stressed. Her stress manifests itself as barking orders at me, even when there's nothing to do or when she could quite easily do something herself. One time she was in the kitchen bitching about stuff I supposedly hadn't done and roared "can you not turn off the kitchen light?!" I ran back into the kitchen, reached of the light switch that was right beside her, switched it off, and left her in darkness. Me: "There. There's the light off. Happy now?"
I'd say you are are pain in the hole to live with.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

illdecide

Ha, them smelly scented candles wax shit does my head in. So strong but she loves them...the heat always on and the bed is always far too warm
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Boycey

Number 2 would be a lot of the problem in our house, she can't stop and like you I'm not that guy  :). The dishwasher is another flash point when it's finished it beeps and i'll open it and happily forget about it til I need to put something in it at which point I will unload it. Mrs Boycey however will have to unload it the second the plates are cooled down enough to not scald you, she'll even pause the telly to do it and it usually ends in a "you never empty it anyway" telling off for me .