Things your other half does that annoy you

Started by Boycey, April 28, 2020, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2020, 08:27:10 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 29, 2020, 08:19:32 PM
I don't say it to brag as i'm not proud of it but over the years in work if the conversation ever came up about house work etc and my stories came out the younger girls in work would look at me with venom and hatred in their eyes like they wanted to stab me. Of course i knew how to wind them up further and tell them the wife would pack my football bag for training and matches and i'm guaranteed all my stuff would be there whereas if i packed my own stuff i'd forget a sock or towel...That would send them over the edge...
I'm  winding of course, I grew up in a house where it was all done, my ma even iron your trunks! Lunches all made for work and even had bus money for going to work! I'd two sisters who were doing the housework along with my mum never made a dinner till I left home ( on various occasions)

But I don't do as much as my wife and my kids do feck all! I tidy things, my wife cleans! I just iron my own stuff, but do all the hard stuff women can't do  ;D

Your wife do a full days work and come home to do it again?

Well not atm as i furloughed her but in general "yes" she'll usually get up early and get the kids ready for school and then clean the house for an hour or so then onto work, after work she'll hoover again and clean the same stuff she done earlier and do the tea...dunno where she gets the energy from but swear to God I've never heard her complain in my life...just gets on with it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

quit yo jibbajabba

What is it with wemen who have to clean the whole house Every Fcukin day..... a clean house is obv desirable....but every day?!?!

I know a couple who are similar, they full time housewives, yer missus is a grafter illdecide

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 29, 2020, 10:13:46 PM
What is it with wemen who have to clean the whole house Every Fcukin day..... a clean house is obv desirable....but every day?!?!

They aren't all like that... though I am a bit like that myself.
I think it drives my mrs mad as I can't relax if the floor is dirty or if the dishwasher isn't emptied when finished.
I was very excited buying a Dyson V10 cordless ffs, I couldn't wait to use it  :-[
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2020, 10:28:41 PM

I think it drives my mrs mad as I can't relax if the floor is dirty or if the dishwasher isn't emptied when finished.
I was very excited buying a Dyson V10 cordless ffs, I couldn't wait to use it  :-[
You sound like afucking header in work. One of his neighbours said he was out hoovering his car at 12 one night wearing a headlamp!

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 29, 2020, 10:55:41 PM

You sound like afucking header in work. One of his neighbours said he was out hoovering his car at 12 one night wearing a headlamp!
Actually my car is a mess and I haven't washed nor hoovered it in months  ;D

gerrykeegan

Loading the dishwasher. I mean how hard can it be to put the knives in one section, forks in the next, large spoons and then small. Piss of piss unloading it when all finished.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 30, 2020, 07:40:52 AM
Loading the dishwasher. I mean how hard can it be to put the knives in one section, forks in the next, large spoons and then small. Piss of piss unloading it when all finished.

My biggest gripe, I've dug a hole for myself long time ago on that, so I just do it myself lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

redzone

What's the Dyson v10 like

Square Ball

Half of you lot are on a pigs back, please don't take that the wrong way. 🤐
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2020, 08:01:03 AM

My biggest gripe, I've dug a hole for myself long time ago on that, so I just do it myself lol

Oh the dishwasher is a big flash point! There's an art to it, so I do it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: BennyCake on April 30, 2020, 09:19:54 AM

AND IS IT SO HARD TO RINSE THE REALLY DIRTY STUFF BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN

*kicks door*

johnnycool

Glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessed with loading the dishwasher in a certain way and regularly rearrange items if my wife has attempted to load it....
Sad, isn't it.  :o

laoislad

Quote from: redzone on April 30, 2020, 08:35:00 AM

What's the Dyson v10 like
Great job in fairness. I had the V6 and thought it was good but this is on another level.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnnycool on April 30, 2020, 10:02:56 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessed with loading the dishwasher in a certain way and regularly rearrange items if my wife has attempted to load it....

Add me to this. I can't understand how it doesn't make sense to everyone. I regularly have to reload and/or take out stuff and rinse it before putting it on. The machine would have been bucked 5 years ago if I'd just left it.

BennyCake

Quote from: johnnycool on April 30, 2020, 10:02:56 AM

Yup, I hear ya.

There is an art to it though. Women stacking them is like a bomb site. I mean, there are already prongs to help you stack it correctly but women seem incapable of doing that.

Even stacking the cups in the cupboard, oh Jesus. Lost count of the number of times I've went to get a mug and half the cups in the cupboard have crashed on top of me!