Things your other half does that annoy you

Started by Boycey, April 28, 2020, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I must confess that I have got away without doing the ironing since being married. I used to cook but my wife is on maternity so tends to cook. I imagine most blokes are the same in that the other half does a lot for them so I suspect it was a wives thread on husbands it might read worse!!

illdecide

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2020, 12:44:40 PM
I must confess that I have got away without doing the ironing since being married. I used to cook but my wife is on maternity so tends to cook. I imagine most blokes are the same in that the other half does a lot for them so I suspect it was a wives thread on husbands it might read worse!!

Here that would be some craic to read, to hear what the wives really say about us.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

I dunno about that. I do my fair share if not the majority of the cleaning and cooking in our house. I'm not being made do it either,just think it's only fair.
My Dad was exactly the same so maybe I take after him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Im glad illdecide had an input, i know now theres at least wan heure out there more useless than me 😉😃

Ah id say its about 65/35 to the wife overall chores wise, tho my math can be questionable 😉

Aristo 60

Quote from: Rois on April 28, 2020, 09:22:55 PM
In defence of my gender, do not underestimate the impact of PMT/hormones. 

There's at least one on here who would know my OH, and will back me up that my OH doesn't have too many complaints. 

ON THE OTHER HAND...he wears the same tshirt and jeans day in, day out.  I think he still has his football socks from school.   

He sounds like a catch. Economical and environmentally friendly, what's not to like..

illdecide

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 29, 2020, 01:56:13 PM
Im glad illdecide had an input, i know now theres at least wan heure out there more useless than me 😉😃

Ah id say its about 65/35 to the wife overall chores wise, tho my math can be questionable 😉

Thanks v much for that. I'll admit i don't pull my weight, if my wife was away and i had to fend for myself i'd call my Ma or sisters and whoever had spare dinner or the nicest dinner i'd be away like a shot to their house for a feed. When I read what you guys are doing around the house i'm a rite useless fecker...

imtommygunn

Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2020, 01:07:21 PM
I dunno about that. I do my fair share if not the majority of the cleaning and cooking in our house. I'm not being made do it either,just think it's only fair.

It's possibly an environment thing. My da is old school and went out to work and did all the maintenance round the house but wouldn't entertain cleaning or cooking.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on April 29, 2020, 07:59:17 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 29, 2020, 01:56:13 PM

Thanks v much for that. I'll admit i don't pull my weight, if my wife was away and i had to fend for myself i'd call my Ma or sisters and whoever had spare dinner or the nicest dinner i'd be away like a shot to their house for a feed. When I read what you guys are doing around the house i'm a rite useless fecker...
My granny spoilt all my uncles as it wasn't a mans job to do all that stuff, so when his wife went into hospital to have their first wain he went to my granny's for his dinner every night. As soon as he took the wife and the wee fella home, the first thing he said to the wife when they got in the door was, "any chance of a cup of tea"  ;D. I think she flung the overnight bag across the room at him!

Tony Baloney

I do no ironing and in fact was surprised at how many married fellas in work do their own. I definitely married well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2020, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2020, 01:07:21 PM

It's possibly an environment thing. My da is old school and went out to work and did all the maintenance round the house but wouldn't entertain cleaning or cooking.

Its probably a lazy cnut thing  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It's rare you'd be right but you could be on this one :o

To be fair to my da he built half the house etc but not so much me lol.

Ambrose

I do all the ironing, I find it theraputic. Standing in front of the TV, with my favourite tunes on youtube or do it in the garden during the summer.

Only thing the wife does that really annoys me is that she never turns any electical appliance off. She'd have every light in the house on, leaves her computer and screens on 24/7 and rarely even turns her hair straightners off. I turn every switch in the house off before I go to bed.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

illdecide

I don't say it to brag as i'm not proud of it but over the years in work if the conversation ever came up about house work etc and my stories came out the younger girls in work would look at me with venom and hatred in their eyes like they wanted to stab me. Of course i knew how to wind them up further and tell them the wife would pack my football bag for training and matches and i'm guaranteed all my stuff would be there whereas if i packed my own stuff i'd forget a sock or towel...That would send them over the edge...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on April 29, 2020, 08:19:32 PM
I don't say it to brag as i'm not proud of it but over the years in work if the conversation ever came up about house work etc and my stories came out the younger girls in work would look at me with venom and hatred in their eyes like they wanted to stab me. Of course i knew how to wind them up further and tell them the wife would pack my football bag for training and matches and i'm guaranteed all my stuff would be there whereas if i packed my own stuff i'd forget a sock or towel...That would send them over the edge...
I'm  winding of course, I grew up in a house where it was all done, my ma even iron your trunks! Lunches all made for work and even had bus money for going to work! I'd two sisters who were doing the housework along with my mum never made a dinner till I left home ( on various occasions)

But I don't do as much as my wife and my kids do feck all! I tidy things, my wife cleans! I just iron my own stuff, but do all the hard stuff women can't do  ;D

Your wife do a full days work and come home to do it again?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah i was only jestin illdecide a 2min conversation with my wife she'd soon tell ye how little i do/much she does

Anyway, must go do the dishes

We need to get back on topic too btw 😉