2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Where do people get these notions without any looking back through the years , its just silly beggars stuff.

I have followed Mayo since I was knee high,.im now 40 . To just use one off games and presume then pre 2011 we had poor support is simply false.

Always have bigger crowds than galway , they are pure useless in comparison, they couldnt even take our support in 97/99 , mayo supporters left outside of tuam . 1989 v Tyrone , 1996 1997 1998 1999 , never have I seen crowds like the ones at Mayo games in Connacht them years  since . Maybe 08 and 06 were close enough come to think of it . 7:3 ratio Mayo/Galway.

Mayo have always had fantastic support , of course there has been games like vDown 12, Cork in 11 & 0? In qf s and a few more but overall magnificent numbers .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

And you the one talking about notions.

larryin89

Simply tell me one champiinship game where galway  support have ever outnumbered Mayo support since 80s.

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on March 16, 2018, 06:36:06 PM
Simply tell me one champiinship game where galway  support have ever outnumbered Mayo support since 80s.
I would guess 99 after the all Ireland
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

galwayman

Quote from: larryin89 on March 16, 2018, 06:36:06 PM
In general Mayo have a bigger support than Galway absolutely.
But to answer your question - the 1999 Connacht final in Tuam Galway's support definitely outnumbered Mayo that day without doubt.
On the back of the previous years AI win most certainly too.

larryin89

Aragh will ye quit , there might of been a few more flags of maroon and  white than usual  because of 98 but no doubt in my memory we still outnumbered ye . Bought my ticket in the garage in ballyhaunis that morning remember the day well , the biggest cheer of the day was ciaran macs sweet point to put us ahead.

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on March 16, 2018, 09:11:42 PM
Aragh will ye quit , there might of been a few more flags of maroon and  white than usual  because of 98 but no doubt in my memory we still outnumbered ye . Bought my ticket in the garage in ballyhaunis that morning remember the day well , the biggest cheer of the day was ciaran macs sweet point to put us ahead.
Always more rhubarbs in Tuam than locals? I doubt it especially 96-02
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

southtyronegael

was ciaran mc donald the greatest mayo player in history?

Syferus

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 16, 2018, 11:50:25 PM

Ever heard of Sean Flanagan?

macdanger2

You must not know much about football if you've never heard of Pádraig Brogan!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zt4YXH6CqQ

stephenite

Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2018, 11:59:17 PM

Christ you are stupid

longballin

Quote from: stephenite on March 17, 2018, 12:08:17 AM

Christ you are stupid

Not sure are you calling Syferus or southtyrone gael stupid? Sean Flanagan that played for Mayo 67 years ago hardly a household name with young people in Tyrone all the same no more than Iggy Jones is in Mayo...

Syferus

Quote from: longballin on March 17, 2018, 12:17:37 AM
Quote from: stephenite on March 17, 2018, 12:08:17 AM

Christ you are stupid

Not sure are you calling Syferus or southtyrone gael stupid? Sean Flanagan that played for Mayo 67 years ago hardly a household name with young people in Tyrone all the same no more than Iggy Jones is in Mayo...

He was on both the Team of the Century and the Team of the Millennium, we're not exactly talking obscure or local names here. If you're signed up to GAABoard you're pretty likely to at least have an idea of the all-time greats.

Rossfan

If football only began around the year 2000......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

Quote from: larryin89 on March 16, 2018, 04:19:04 PM
Where do people get these notions without any looking back through the years , its just silly beggars stuff.

I have followed Mayo since I was knee high,.im now 40 . To just use one off games and presume then pre 2011 we had poor support is simply false.

Always have bigger crowds than galway , they are pure useless in comparison, they couldnt even take our support in 97/99 , mayo supporters left outside of tuam . 1989 v Tyrone , 1996 1997 1998 1999 , never have I seen crowds like the ones at Mayo games in Connacht them years  since . Maybe 08 and 06 were close enough come to think of it . 7:3 ratio Mayo/Galway.

Mayo have always had fantastic support , of course there has been games like vDown 12, Cork in 11 & 0? In qf s and a few more but overall magnificent numbers .

Musha, Larry, a mhac, success has made us lazy and complacent.