Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

tintin25

omochain

The moto seems to be.......Never let " batin the $hite" out of one and other get in the way of a good story. Too much battle and not enough story tonight for me and that was the bits I could see.
Now, more battles and on to seeing Cersei getting her ass kicked :o

gallsman

Really don't know what to make of that. Visually spectacular obviously but narratively incredibly weak.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2019, 10:12:23 AM
Really don't know what to make of that. Visually spectacular obviously but narratively incredibly weak.

But surely that's what the last 2 weeks have been about . . . I think it went as well as it could have and now the last few episodes will be a rollercoaster.

Will watch it again tonight with some better picture settings. Surely Sir Bron of the Blackwater will be making an appearance soon!

Dinny Breen

Enjoyed it, thought it portrayed the chaos pretty well. However still felt somewhat unsatisfied, the ending of the Night King seemed contradictory to his abilities and annoyed me a bit as did all the major players surviving....still bloody hooked though...
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 29, 2019, 11:43:31 AM
Enjoyed it, thought it portrayed the chaos pretty well. However still felt somewhat unsatisfied, the ending of the Night King seemed contradictory to his abilities and annoyed me a bit as did all the major players surviving....still bloody hooked though...

Him surviving the dragon fire surprised me I must say although as with you I expected a few bigger names to be cut down at least one of the Starks and a Lannister!

The Melisandre thing confused me why was she coming from the North where had she been?

bennydorano

It was up against it in trying to surpass the Battle of the Bastards to be fair.  Still awesome viewing.

trileacman

Hardhome was three times the cinematic viewing of that episode. Pure shite.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Wildweasel74

Think they filmed Alot of that outside of toome

trailer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 29, 2019, 09:52:10 PM
Think they filmed Alot of that outside of toome

On a Saturday night.

No real idea what's going on. Is there any armies left to fight Cersei? Jon and Dani kinda fucked about at the start of the episode. They could've thinned a few million dead out with a bit of fire instead they went for a pointless flight with the Dragons. I'm disappointed to be honest.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DrinkingHarp

The "lighting of the swords" was awesome.  Then when they charged and poof no more light, the ones standing there were like holy f@$k. Just read it took 11 weeks to film the battle, her two dragons should have taken out half of the dead.

Cinematography (i think) when they are in any dark area it is too dark, watched on three different tv's and locations over the past year and all were the same.

It's still great entertainment for an hour.

That little one from Bear Island, Lyanna - badass to the bone!!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014