GAA Trivia

Started by The Claw, November 14, 2006, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

We all remember the 4 game saga in 1991, but what is the most replays recorded for a Championship match and who was involved?

In 1965 what was changed regarding the throw-in?

What dubious record does the 1960 Munster final hold, between Kerry and Waterford? (The Armagh/Donegal All-Ire semi is 10th on this unwanted list)

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on November 14, 2006, 10:15:03 PM
A draw is the most common scoreline? ???

That exact scoreline is the most common. There are far more home wins, then away wins, but for exact scorelines, that tallies most. (next is actually 1-9 each then 1-12 to 0-9)

Groot Baas

Ex intercounty footballer that captained an international rugby team (not Ireland) - I can't remember if it was a full XV or 7's

Groot Baas

The Rugby question... The player played at Senior level and for his province

ONeill

Was it Zin Zan Brooke? Or Bernie McCahill?

stephenite

Eric Elwood played for both Galway and Connacht, Gavin Duffy ( now Harlequins ) played for Connacht and played in an All Ireland minor final (99)

Bensars

What about 3 players who have captained their club to all ireland title and captained their county to all ireland in the same year ?

Bensars

who is the only player to represent  3 different provinces in the Railway Cup ?

When Kerry Beat Tyrone in the 1986 all ireland final, who missed the Penalty ?

Down have had many all stars, only one does not possess and Celtic cross,  who is he?

Which county win an all ireland, with the entire panel holding no previous  inter county all irelands ( ie. minor or u21) ?

blanketattack

For the 1965 throw-in, it no longer was thrown in by a bishop.
Jack O'Shea missed the penalty in 1986.
For the team that won an All-Ireland without nobody on the panel holding previous All-Ireland medals there's surely lots of answers e.g. Kildare 1905, Tipperary 1920, Down 1960, Meath 1987, etc.
The Down All-Star without a Senior All-Ireland is Paddy Kennedy.

blanketattack

For the rugby question when you say an international team besides Ireland do you include representational teams like the Barbarians and the Lions or do you mean an actual country?

Onlooker

There are many teams who won All Irelands, with no one on the team having an All Ireland in any grade, but Tipperary in 1920 would not be one of those teams as a few players on the team that won the 1920 All Ireland were on the team that won the first All Ireland Junior Football Championship in 1912, including famous players of the Bloody Sunday game - Ned O'Shea and Jerry Shelly.

Bensars

QuoteWas it Zin Zan Brooke? Or Bernie McCahill?

I know they both played club in london, but not sure about intercounty.

blanketattack

Quote from: Onlooker on November 15, 2006, 10:36:46 AM
There are many teams who won All Irelands, with no one on the team having an All Ireland in any grade, but Tipperary in 1920 would not be one of those teams as a few players on the team that won the 1920 All Ireland were on the team that won the first All Ireland Junior Football Championship in 1912, including famous players of the Bloody Sunday game - Ned O'Shea and Jerry Shelly.

But the OP just said minor or u21.

Bensars

Just to put that one to bed for the sake of full scale warfare, the answer i was looking for was armagh.

I hadnt counted on people trawling back to 1920 or 1905.........for the sake of argument just forget that one

The Hill is Blue

Who was the only player to win Railway Cup medals playing for his province in both hurling and football on the same day?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8