Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

What are the grounds like at Lisnaskea? I am going to the Greencastle game on Sunday and was wondering if the grounds are suitable for a wheelchair.

Anyone been? Anyone know?
Testing Accessibility

Hungry Exile

Barney rarely gets it wrong!!

ULSTER GAELIC FOOTBALL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP

Crossmaglen Evs
Ballinderry 11/4
Errigal Ciaran 3
Cargin 12
Clontibret 20

:-X

snappiered

Did the Enniskillen no. 17 Matthew Keenan not get two yellow cards as well. I think you will find out that he did.

FermPundit

Most of the big games in Fermanagh are currently being played at Lisnaskea as Brewster Park is being redeveloped. I'm not really sure if there is provision for wheelchairs at the ground but there is plenty of open space beside the covered stand. Access in and out of the ground would be ok I think. If in doubt I suggest you contact someone at Lisnaskea Emmetts and they should be able to help you out.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

hows she cutting

Quote from: snappiered on November 15, 2006, 08:46:18 AM
Did the Enniskillen no. 17 Matthew Keenan not get two yellow cards as well. I think you will find out that he did.

heard this earlier in the week as well, should render the Enniskillen appeal pointless.

Was there ever an official appeal lodged anyway?

EC Unique

Eniskillen have launched an official appeal to the Ulster board. :-\  Have they any chance or will they just look like bad loosers?

FermPundit

the appeal will probably fail but they have a point and it's not a case of bad losers!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ONeill

They have to prove that it affected the outcome. They'll do well to achieve that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Lisnaskea pitch has a reputation of being a bit of a mudbath if the weather is really bad, particularly along one side under the small stand. Theres a few hundred covered seats for spectators and the parking shouldn't be a problem beside the pitch.
Enniskillen are just right to be appealing last week's game. I'm not a fan of the Gaels at all but it's a joke the influence some bad refereeing is having on major games in the GAA, let alone club games. The appeals process is an even bigger joke though, this whole system is going to seriously blow up on the GAA soon

hows she cutting

From Hogan Stand.....

Enniskillen threaten legal action
17 November 2006

Enniskillen Gaels are considering taking legal action if the Ulster Council doesn't agree to bring their appeal hearing forward.

The provincial body is due to meet on Saturday at 2pm to discuss the appeal amid claims that Errigal Ciaran player Damien McDermott should have been sent off after receiving two yellow cards in last Sunday's Ulster club quarter-final against the Fermanagh champions. Errigal won the game by 0-7 to 0-6.

But the Gaels want the hearing brought forward to allow for them to appeal to the Disputes Resolution Authority if their appeal to the Ulster Council fails.

"We have asked the Ulster Council to bring their appeal meeting forward so that the club has an opportunity to appeal to the DRA," said a club spokesman.

"If this is not successful the club will go to the High Court to get an injunction to stop Sunday's Ulster semi-final between Errigal Ciaran and Ballinderry going ahead."

Enniskillen are hoping the meeting will be rearranged for Friday. However, the Ulster Council may have difficulty in bringing all members of their GAC together before then

snappiered

Looks like the Errigal Ballinderry game is not going to go ahead now. Was looking forward to it. What will be the outcome of Enniskillens appeal? Its sad that football has come to this. The Tyrone Championship final was threatened by a High Court Injunction, then the Tyrone League final was subject to appeals and now this. Are we going to end up playing our Football in the Court rooms

Maximus Marillius

Is this true re the game with b'dery v errigal

Thats what you get with shity rules and refs.

hows she cutting

nothing decided on this yet

i would be very surprised if the game doesn't go ahead on Sunday

Should be a cracker as well

ITOB

Anyone heard if the Cargin Clontib replay have been moved to Brefne Park?  The JFC game scheduled for Clones has been.

oneillcup2007

Will it get worse before it gets better.  Who knows?  Extra interesting facts about this game is that Canavans brother manages Balinderry.  Because of Errigals unwillingness to faclitate a date with Balinderry in the Ulster Club league Errigal are now banned form the competition after 'initially' being awarded the title in some circles, Theres bound to be a bit of bad blood there from an Errigal perspective.  Will the inners beat Cross because at this stage I think the Ulster club c'ship will come down to these 3 teams and  :'( possibly even Enniskillen.