US GAA Finals

Started by Any craic, September 06, 2017, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Video reports from the US GAA Championships can now be seen on the GAA Now page on the official GAA website at this link.. http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-now/

Eamonnca1

Good to see you at the weekend. Some great matches too. That Charlotte Ladies Football win was utterly amazing to see. They talked about breaking the "glass ceiling" of dominance by J1-laden teams at senior level. Some achievement.

Eamonnca1

Just looked at that web page. UGH! They're referring to the "NACB Finals." Would you mind telling them the name is now "USGAA?" Thx!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 09:45:26 PM
Just looked at that web page. UGH! They're referring to the "NACB Finals." Would you mind telling them the name is now "USGAA?" Thx!

Does it include New York? I thought there were Canadian teams too..?

Eamonnca1

Canada yes, New York no. There was a NY Camogie team in it a few years ago though.

Orior

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 09:38:07 PM
Good to see you at the weekend. Some great matches too. That Charlotte Ladies Football win was utterly amazing to see. They talked about breaking the "glass ceiling" of dominance by J1-laden teams at senior level. Some achievement.

Rule 1.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 11:03:05 PM
Canada yes, New York no. There was a NY Camogie team in it a few years ago though.

Why did it change to US GAA then, if Canada is included? I always thought NACB was fairly accurate.

Eamonnca1

Canada has its own board but their teams are allowed to cross the border for the playoffs.

The name NACB was too confusing to outsider; USGAA is an attempt to make the organization easier to understand for first-time viewers. The name might not be 100% accurate since New York is not included but it's more accurate than taking the rest of the US and referring to it as "North America."

Any craic

Last video from San Fran with cool new Drone footage of the city, the Bay and the venue.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UjTk3egimo&t=2s