Going Viral - The Irish News

Started by Any craic, January 07, 2016, 11:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Joe on Joe.ie... Joe Brolly got very excited about Antrim's goals last night and tweeted immediately from the game. Now the video coverage has gone viral, especially because of the last goal. Yes I'm involved in the new short-term venture with the Irish News but fair play to them for taking the initiative. Otherwise, you wouldn't see these goals and Antrim wouldn't be getting the boost online today.. bit.ly/1RuICyu & joe.ie here bit.ly/1SBHXvP 

armaghniac

Great to see Antrim winning, even if it was only against another team in Antrim.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

angermanagement

Was Amhrán na bhFiann played before the match? I thought national anthems were banned from been played at the Dub.

ck

Quote from: angermanagement on January 07, 2016, 12:34:13 PM
Was Amhrán na bhFiann played before the match? I thought national anthems were banned from been played at the Dub.

Nonsense. I attended the game, the anthem was sung beautifully by a young girl, they said she played for the ladies side at the college. Tricolour there too.

Any craic

Extended video from the Dub with comments from Gearoid Adams, Michael McCann and James McCartan..
https://www.facebook.com/irishnewssport/videos/586596904827823/?pnref=story

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

redcard

Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2016, 08:58:02 PM
"Going viral" is pushing it

I liked the "and Antrim wouldn't be getting the boost online today" :o

omaghjoe

Its just a bit of a pity that a clip reaffirming stereotypical prejudices about Antrim football that goes viral.

StGallsGAA

Joe Brolly retweeting is the definition of going viral?   8 views to date on an actual forum dedicated to the subject sport puts things in perspective.

Any craic

Jeez lads youse are wile precious! Never mind the semantics, the point is that the video went round everywhere yesterday.

general_lee

Not very safe hands for a goalkeeper  ;)

imtommygunn

Quote from: ck on January 07, 2016, 06:02:36 PM

Nonsense. I attended the game, the anthem was sung beautifully by a young girl, they said she played for the ladies side at the college. Tricolour there too.

Some boy stood in the middle of the pitch in front of the stand holding a tricolour too.

haranguerer

I had heard that too re the anthem at the Dub, I think it was when it was suggested on here as a possible Antrim league venue...?

Redhand Santa

Another good service not sure why people on here would be smart arses about it.

general_lee

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2016, 12:21:20 PM
Quote from: ck on January 07, 2016, 06:02:36 PM

Some boy stood in the middle of the pitch in front of the stand holding a tricolour too.
would anyone have noticed if he wasn't there? Or your doll crowing the anthem?